Emotiva A-100
Jan 19, 2018 at 10:08 AM Post #152 of 759
@peepr
can u post a picture of your adapter

M usicguy

7861805_thumb.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0010CEIH8/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000068O5D/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Jan 20, 2018 at 11:12 PM Post #154 of 759
I finally got my Aeon Flows.
Great headphone. I have been running them fine on the A 100 I have a XDA-2 feeding the A 100. The flows actually need some power to sound good. So My XDA2 is at -10 and the volume knob on the A 100 is at 1 o clock. sounds pretty good and nothing blew up!!!

M usicguy

Jan 20, 2018 at 11:14 PM Post #155 of 759
I finally got my Aeon Flows.
Great headphone. I have been running them fine on the A 100 I have a XDA-2 feeding the A 100. The flows actually need some power to sound good. So My XDA2 is at -10 and the volume knob on the A 100 is at 1 o clock. sounds pretty good and nothing blew up!!!

M usicguy
Lol this is good to know. I'm going to use my R2R-11 in variable mode to feed the Emotiva when it comes in Monday.

Jan 22, 2018 at 10:41 AM Post #156 of 759
I have the Emo Bass x A-100 coming today. Going to try it out with PC, Jitterbug, Topping D30, Emo, HP's, Alpair 10p/Pensils. I've tried the Magni (first gen), Vali 2, Fulla 2.

Jan 22, 2018 at 2:49 PM Post #157 of 759
Hey guys, this definitely has my interest piqued. I'm considering getting one to stack with my Crack to switch between tubes/SS - sounds like it'd be a good match with my HE-5's.

Question - are the RCA-outs a pass-through or is it a variable pre-out? Was thinking I could run my DAC into the A100 and straight back out to the Crack. If it isn't, perhaps a Schiit SYS could be an easy way to switch between the two, as well as attenuating volume upstream from the Emotiva if I decide to add the jumpers.

Jan 22, 2018 at 3:16 PM Post #158 of 759
Hey guys, this definitely has my interest piqued. I'm considering getting one to stack with my Crack to switch between tubes/SS - sounds like it'd be a good match with my HE-5's.

Question - are the RCA-outs a pass-through or is it a variable pre-out? Was thinking I could run my DAC into the A100 and straight back out to the Crack. If it isn't, perhaps a Schiit SYS could be an easy way to switch between the two, as well as attenuating volume upstream from the Emotiva if I decide to add the jumpers.
It's a full scale passthrough. It is not volume attenuated. So yes adding a Schiit Sys would be an easy way to switch. If you have a DAC with volume control upstream you can use that to control the volume instead of the Sys. When you add in the jumpers should have some sort of control upstream so you can use the mini-x as a power amp essentially. You could also get Emotiva's control freak. I've tried it and honestly didn't care for the weight or feel of it. It was too light weight and the knob was too easy to move. But it does do the job.

Jan 22, 2018 at 4:21 PM Post #159 of 759
It's a full scale passthrough. It is not volume attenuated. So yes adding a Schiit Sys would be an easy way to switch. If you have a DAC with volume control upstream you can use that to control the volume instead of the Sys. When you add in the jumpers should have some sort of control upstream so you can use the mini-x as a power amp essentially. You could also get Emotiva's control freak. I've tried it and honestly didn't care for the weight or feel of it. It was too light weight and the knob was too easy to move. But it does do the job.
OK gotcha - thanks for clarifying. I might just turn the volume waaaay down on my Mojo rather than setting it to line-out.

Jan 23, 2018 at 12:53 AM Post #160 of 759
Damn, I couldn't resist giving this thing a try for my HE1000's. Also got a Schiit Saga to serve as a preamp where I plan on controlling volume after the jumpers go in. Going to use my idsd black label as DAC for now.

Jan 23, 2018 at 1:12 PM Post #162 of 759
before you send your amp back. I can understand wanting the right speak and left speaker cable not over lapping. If this is why you don't like the way its set up. Just reverse you inputs. Amp only knows whats input to the left goes to the left side of the amp. Right to right.

I will say this, To use the jumpers the amp prefers higher impedance headphones. MY AEON flows 16 ohms, don't like the jumpers installed. I went back to the resistors and its much better. Withe my other headphones no problem and great power. Like 47 ohm and higher.

Jan 23, 2018 at 1:34 PM Post #165 of 759
Though not technically “defective” the speaker terminals aren’t suppose to he reversed. I get why you’d want to return it.

Have them fix it and sent it back to you. It’s frustrating but still a good amp.

EDIT: Maybe I mis-understand...is it wired wrong (reversed) internally or written wrong on the back?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back