Emmeline "The Shadow"
Nov 15, 2009 at 6:41 AM Post #901 of 999
Quote:

Originally Posted by xsnitch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
@ labrat

Yeah, Ray finished off the presale price a few pages ago in the threads. However, having one here myself... Its still worth it hands down.

Just about to receive my low-profile LOD as well, cant freaking wait to have my nano/lod/shadow/se-530's with me so I can just drift away wherever I am
tongue.gif

Enjoy my friend enjoy
smily_headphones1.gif
Someone should start a thread with pictures of people's Shadow working its magic.
label_20091112111515_3330.jpg

Nov 16, 2009 at 8:53 PM Post #902 of 999
OK freinds...
Most of you have over 100 hours of burn-in on your Shadow by now.
I would like to hear your full impressions as to how your Shadow sounds with your source & phones. Please list what music you listened to & also list your potable rig.
I would like to remind all friends that the grace period is over with. No more intro price nor the waiting period for those who posted for one, at intro price, but did not pay by the 15th of this month.
The Shadow is, NOW, at normal price of $395.00 plus shipping.
Thanks
Ray Samuels

Nov 17, 2009 at 12:09 AM Post #903 of 999
Came back to find an amp smaller than my Tomahawk.....
eek.gif

Nov 17, 2009 at 5:48 AM Post #904 of 999
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray Samuels /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would like to hear your full impressions as to how your Shadow sounds with your source & phones. Please list what music you listened to & also list your potable rig.
Ray Samuels

I use mine mostly with Yak 18th century lumbar chanting, and find it to be quite accommodating. I am currently using a pair of Koss Pro 4AA'a and and 1984 Sony walkman.
beerchug.gif

Nov 17, 2009 at 8:07 AM Post #905 of 999
I am still on burn-in having around 160 hrs on it now.

I am using the Shadow with an Ultrasone ED8 and an iPod classic 160 GB. Cabling is Zuaudio Pivot, but will be changed soon, since 2 of Rays LODs are on their way to me.

I am listening to all kinds of music from classical to rock.

The Shadow is driving the ED8 with ease to acceptable volume levels.

Sound signature is smooth and balanced from bottom to top. Room information is very detailed.

For driving my 650 Senns I prefer my SR 71a, since it delivers higher volume levels.

I will be back for more impressions later, since I know from the experience with my Hornet, that it takes more than 500 hrs of burn-in, to be able to really judge the performance of Rays amps.

Nov 17, 2009 at 7:48 PM Post #906 of 999
The Rolling Stones, "Get Your Ya-Ya's Out!" full sound great rhythm and drive and no congestion on this complex music.

The Grateful Dead, "Dead Set 1 & 2", The Jerrry Garcia Band, "Let it Rock". Live sound well reproduced with excellent acoustics. The space, pace and drive are well preserved and visceral.

Beethoven's 9th, Richard Hickox conducting. Beautiful string reproduction with the right amount of sweet overtone, the majesty of the 9th presented without collapsing complex passages and bass with a foundation that boils to the surface in a convincing manner.

iRiver H140/120gb drive, MB-1 portable dual dac, Shadow, JH13's.

Nov 19, 2009 at 3:34 AM Post #907 of 999
Would someone tell if the shadow is better or equal to the mustang on driving low impendence 32 and 38 ohms full size headphones

Nov 19, 2009 at 3:37 AM Post #908 of 999
Mr yamato which one do you think is better for me the shadow or mustang to drive my full size low impendence audio technicas. Which one has better , sweet sound. My headphones have 32 and 38 ohms

Nov 19, 2009 at 5:30 AM Post #909 of 999
Quote:

Originally Posted by che15 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Would someone tell if the shadow is better or equal to the mustang on driving low impendence 32 and 38 ohms full size headphones

Equal in ability (built-in gain of 3) but has better sound attributes. Ray found some chips that just outperform the Mustang, Predator, and Tomahawk.
Technology has improved more in the past 5 years, than the last 20 years.
Components are getting better, smaller and more reasonably priced.

Think about the difference in size and weight, compared to the SR-71. I don't know about the 71A, but the Shadow sounds significantly better than the SR-71 but the SR-71 can push the big boys (like the 800's and HE-5's.), with minimal effort. 18 volts helps.

Nov 19, 2009 at 3:08 PM Post #911 of 999
Quote:

Originally Posted by nycdoi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ray, please read your PM. I pm'ed u many times but i didn't get any reply. My shadow arrived at your place on Monday and i'm waiting for a replacement/repair.

It arrived late Monday we examined it on Tuesday we found nothing wrong with it but we went ahead & replaced the whole PC brd for you.
So now you have new Shadow & was shipped on Wednesday via fed-ex with tracking # 8706 9679 8363
Ray Samuels

Nov 19, 2009 at 11:20 PM Post #913 of 999
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Equal in ability (built-in gain of 3) but has better sound attributes. Ray found some chips that just outperform the Mustang, Predator, and Tomahawk.
Technology has improved more in the past 5 years, than the last 20 years.
Components are getting better, smaller and more reasonably priced.

Think about the difference in size and weight, compared to the SR-71. I don't know about the 71A, but the Shadow sounds significantly better than the SR-71 but the SR-71 can push the big boys (like the 800's and HE-5's.), with minimal effort. 18 volts helps.

The combination of The Shadow, the Gen 5.5 iPod, RSA LOD and JVC Victor FX500 iem is absolutely stunning!!! Better than the iMod/Mustang or SR-71A combination (like immtbiker states, better for the big boys). Bravo !!!

Nov 20, 2009 at 8:39 PM Post #914 of 999
Quote:

It arrived late Monday we examined it on Tuesday we found nothing wrong with it but we went ahead & replaced the whole PC brd for you.
So now you have new Shadow & was shipped on Wednesday via fed-ex with tracking # 8706 9679 8363
Ray Samuels

Thanks Ray, but did you try to listen to it with your JH13?
it arrived at my friends place not long ago, im going over to pick it up now.

Nov 22, 2009 at 11:40 PM Post #915 of 999
Quote:

OK freinds...
Most of you have over 100 hours of burn-in on your Shadow by now.
I would like to remind all friends that the grace period is over with. No more intro price nor the waiting period for those who posted for one, at intro price, but did not pay by the 15th of this month.
The Shadow is, NOW, at normal price of $395.00 plus shipping.
Thanks
Ray Samuels

muscular punchy powerful dynamic clean tight commanding immersing explosive precise pristine engaging enveloping creamy open warm involving liquid fast

Users who are viewing this thread

Back