Emmeline "The Shadow"
Nov 11, 2009 at 4:31 AM Post #871 of 999
I am using the Shadow with the Ultrasone Ed. 9, which I haven't listened to very much since receiving my JH13 Pros, but WOW, what a combo. The drive, dynamics and just general fun and musicality. Great stuff! This little amp really drives the Ed. 9.

Nov 11, 2009 at 6:25 AM Post #872 of 999
This inquiry is addressed towards owners of the Shadow.

I would really appreciate any feedback per the Neutrality of this amp in comparison to other available portable amps.

Nov 11, 2009 at 11:25 AM Post #874 of 999
Quote:

Originally Posted by qwertgfdsa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do I have to turn the volume to the minimal before I turn off the power? If it is so, then I feel a little bit annoying to keep pressing the button.
Thanks for anyone answering my question.

Simple answer, no. What made you think you needed too?

Nov 11, 2009 at 5:19 PM Post #875 of 999
Quote:

Originally Posted by qwertgfdsa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do I have to turn the volume to the minimal before I turn off the power? If it is so, then I feel a little bit annoying to keep pressing the button.
Thanks for anyone answering my question.

please read Ray's post for Shadow's specifications

Nov 11, 2009 at 7:09 PM Post #876 of 999
Has anyone received Ray's LOD , How do they sound?

Nov 11, 2009 at 7:26 PM Post #877 of 999
Quote:

Originally Posted by LeeMark /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Simple answer, no. What made you think you needed too?

Because when using P51, I always turn the knob to minimum before powering off to protect the earphones.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jckp919 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
please read Ray's post for Shadow's specifications

Right. That's my fault. I miss it.

Thanks for all the replies

Nov 11, 2009 at 9:40 PM Post #878 of 999
Quote:

Originally Posted by Audio Addict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I talked with Ray about his serial numbers and he is very flexible and willing to accomodate his client. You asked for 000 and he gave you 000. He mentioned he has had a few unusual requests for serial numbers.
biggrin.gif

I tend to be a difficult customer in general. Let me just say that Ray is GREAT to buy from/work with. Very patient, understanding, and helpful. Also, as you can see, he does whatever he can to make his customers happy!

Thanks again Ray - I haven't been on headfi much recently and its your fault! I just sit and listen to my music through the shadow. This is the first time my audio equipment has really made me "feel like I am there"
icon10.gif

Nov 11, 2009 at 10:23 PM Post #879 of 999
s126 in the house!! I put my check in the mail on 11/3 and there was a Shadow in my hands on 11/10. GREAT SERVICE!!! Thanks, Ray. Now I have to find a way to mark this charger so I know it goes with the shadow. I don't want to mess this beauty up.

Nov 11, 2009 at 11:29 PM Post #880 of 999
Quote:

Originally Posted by riprock /img/forum/go_quote.gif
s126 in the house!! I put my check in the mail on 11/3 and there was a Shadow in my hands on 11/10. GREAT SERVICE!!! Thanks, Ray. Now I have to find a way to mark this charger so I know it goes with the shadow. I don't want to mess this beauty up.

LOL I tape a piece of paper with the name of the Amp on it. I just have too many of these things and using the wrong one could cause damage. Better safe than sorry. Congratulations on your new pride and joy riprock !

Nov 12, 2009 at 4:16 AM Post #884 of 999
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray Samuels /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The bottom pictures are the low profile Doc cable made for iPod/iPhone with shortest possible mil spec cable. It is truly so miniture in shape & look that you won't even know it is there.
In the upper picture, on left, the LOD is used with iPhone & the Shadow, to the right of that it is used with NANO & the Shadow.
RSA

DSC_6133.jpg

DSC_6132.jpg

Hi Ray, do you think this LOD will work with iPhone/Mustang combo too?

Nov 12, 2009 at 4:26 AM Post #885 of 999
Quote:

Originally Posted by che15 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Has anyone received Ray's LOD , How do they sound?

According to FedEx tracking I'll have my Ray Samuels LOD in the morning. Can't wait ....... although the one I'm using is no slouch it should indeed be interesting
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back