Emmeline "The Shadow"
Nov 3, 2009 at 4:17 PM Post #766 of 999
Got my #70 yesterday. Cannot believe how small it is, like the size of a match box but sounds great
wink.gif

Nov 3, 2009 at 4:39 PM Post #767 of 999
Dear friend & head-fiers...
We have covered more than 200 amps so far. The dead-line for introductory price of the Shadow is coming to an end by tomorrow, Wednesday, Nov. 4th 2009, at 12:00AM. Any orders on this thread or on my e-mail does not have that time as specified, will be charged the normal price, $395.00

We will still honor those who reserved the Shadow & did not make the payment for any reason, until the 15th of Nov. mid night Chicago time. They can still claim the intro price as long as they will post with their payment their post # on head-fi.

Please do not e-mail us asking for the intro price after the dead-line.
Thanks to all who purchased the Shadow amp, we are sure you will have some great times with this little amp.
RSA

Nov 3, 2009 at 4:44 PM Post #768 of 999
Mine arrived yesterdat too #84. Thanks Ray! Size and finish are amazing. For sound i'll wait burn in but first impression is very positive.

PS: it is normal that when turned on, so with volume to min, i hear music( with Shure se530)?

Nov 3, 2009 at 7:56 PM Post #769 of 999
Quote:

Originally Posted by bigsojoe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm not sure if the quote is referring to the same issue, but the line in and line out jacks are loose on my Predator (as compared to the tight, "locking" jacks on the RSA Tomahawk). I've tried several types of plugs with the same result - they come "unplugged" relatively easily when the amp is jostled or moved around. Has anyone noticed a similar issue with the Shadow?

Thanks!

I had the same issue with my Predator and it almost got to a point that I was going to get rid of it, the Shadow is much better and "solid" as far as the line in and out jacks are concerned.
On another note, I have had mine for 5 days, nicely burnt in and the sound is impressive, and when I go back and forth between this and the predator, the Shadow gives me much more of a fuller sound, tighter richer bass. I am nowhere near well versed in the terminology, but this amp is light, travels well, and gives me those "stop moments" where I don't want to get even move so I can fully appreciate what I am hearing.

Great work.

Nov 3, 2009 at 9:48 PM Post #771 of 999
Quote:

Originally Posted by sosrah /img/forum/go_quote.gif
PS: it is normal that when turned on, so with volume to min, i hear music( with Shure se530)?

same here, also mentioned by others, so no need to worry, I guess you get more useful volume range that way, if I want it silent, I can switch it off
wink.gif

Nov 3, 2009 at 11:56 PM Post #772 of 999
Quote:

Originally Posted by ruknd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is anyone running ESW9's or 10s off this amp...I was going to do a used amp but this thing just gets more and more tempting.

I have the ESW9 and I will check it out, but it means taking my JH13s out of my ears!

Nov 4, 2009 at 12:31 AM Post #774 of 999
Just spent the last 30 minutes listening tot he Shadow with the ESW9 (80 gb iMod) and really sounds sweet, great bass, good mids and highs, not as good as the JH13 as those are a little more balanced overall, but the ESW9 would sound great with the Shadow, you will be impressed.

Nov 4, 2009 at 12:44 AM Post #775 of 999
#97 arrived for me today. This is, as so many have said, really tiny. Currently charging up and will give it a first listen in the morning before setting up to burn in.

Good to hear all the positive impressions so far.

Nov 4, 2009 at 1:12 AM Post #776 of 999
Quote:

Originally Posted by LeeMark /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just spent the last 30 minutes listening tot he Shadow with the ESW9 (80 gb iMod) and really sounds sweet, great bass, good mids and highs, not as good as the JH13 as those are a little more balanced overall, but the ESW9 would sound great with the Shadow, you will be impressed.

Now how does the ESW9s on the Shadow Compare to the Mustang?

Nov 4, 2009 at 1:49 AM Post #777 of 999
Quote:

Originally Posted by ruknd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Now how does the ESW9s on the Shadow Compare to the Mustang?

I don't have the mustang, but others have commented (I think mainly Jamato) that the sound signature is similar if not slightly improved with the Shadow. The size of the shadow is minuscule and for portable use, I can't imagine a better amp to have.

Nov 4, 2009 at 2:10 AM Post #778 of 999
I definitely think there's a distinguishable difference over the Mustang. It's amazing the caliber of sound this little thing puts out. And while neither is burned in, it's close in sound to my new ALO Rx. Of course it doesn't quite drive my Ultrasones as loud, but the quality of the sound is pretty close for such a tiny thing. The Rx just has a little more each of extension, air, and soundstage. But things could change with further burn in of both amps.

Nov 4, 2009 at 3:35 AM Post #779 of 999
Quote:

Originally Posted by cn11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I definitely think there's a distinguishable difference over the Mustang. It's amazing the caliber of sound this little thing puts out. And while neither is burned in, it's close in sound to my new ALO Rx. Of course it doesn't quite drive my Ultrasones as loud, but the quality of the sound is pretty close for such a tiny thing. The Rx just has a little more each of extension, air, and soundstage. But things could change with further burn in of both amps.

I would love to hear about the comparison as the Rx seems to be getting alot of good reviews.

Nov 4, 2009 at 4:23 AM Post #780 of 999
I'll wait to compare them much more until they're both burned in a while longer. The Shadow may go out on loan for an extended audition to a friend very soon too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back