Emmeline "The Shadow"
Nov 2, 2009 at 6:56 PM Post #751 of 999
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray Samuels /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You can not fully discharge the battery. The battery has a protection circuit that monitors the voltage & the current in the Lithium ion, once it gets to the level that is designed to shut off, the circuitry will turn the battery off. It is the same circuitry that shuts off the charging current once the battery gets to a full charge.
Ray Samuels

Then I am confused about the warning that came with the Shadow regarding the use of ONLY the included charger. If the battery protection circuit shuts off on a full charge and it is OK to charge from a computer USB port, what is the issue with using my IPOD charger? It would be nice to carry one less charger when I travel.

Nov 2, 2009 at 7:14 PM Post #752 of 999
Quote:

Originally Posted by otello66 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Then I am confused about the warning that came with the Shadow regarding the use of ONLY the included charger. If the battery protection circuit shuts off on a full charge and it is OK to charge from a computer USB port, what is the issue with using my IPOD charger? It would be nice to carry one less charger when I travel.

The warning is for those who might use unregulated power supply that says 5 volts yet it outputs around 7 volts or more. Also it is a warning for those who might terminate any adaptor to a USB connector & use it with the Shadow.
Cheers.
Ray Samuels

Nov 2, 2009 at 7:38 PM Post #753 of 999
Ray-
Thanks for making such a fine little amp.

Nov 2, 2009 at 7:47 PM Post #754 of 999
the shadow is getting better and better, amazing soundstage, I am looking forward to the commute , I find myself standing there smiling and closing my eyes.....in other words a complete loon! I am not convinced the bass is quite there yet, it sounds punchy, strong but not overwhelming, just on some R&B and bass heavy songs it is not as well defined as I though it ought.....mind you it is better than anything I had before and there are bass notes I never heard before in songs I head for years! plus it is only halfway through the burn in
wink.gif

Nov 3, 2009 at 2:14 AM Post #756 of 999
I got mine today, it's incredible how this amp is tiny!

Quote:

Originally Posted by grumpyoldman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the shadow is getting better and better, amazing soundstage, I am looking forward to the commute , I find myself standing there smiling and closing my eyes.....in other words a complete loon!

Same thing here. Its first use was in the subway from the Fedex office to my home and it was a nice ride!
happy_face1.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by grumpyoldman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am not convinced the bass is quite there yet, it sounds punchy, strong but not overwhelming, just on some R&B and bass heavy songs it is not as well defined as I though it ought.....mind you it is better than anything I had before and there are bass notes I never heard before in songs I head for years! plus it is only halfway through the burn in
wink.gif

You're right, the bass is way better than everything I heard before, now I can hear my JH-13 in its full glory and that only after 3 hours of burn-in. I can't imagine with 100 hours!

Thx a lot Ray,

Badou

Nov 3, 2009 at 5:13 AM Post #757 of 999
Anyone with ipod dock cable have any problems loosing connection when cable is hanging.

Nov 3, 2009 at 8:08 AM Post #758 of 999
I have, sometimes, I havnt strapped it all together like I want to, so when I e.g. attach the ipod to my belt and the shadow is in the pocket below (walking, not sitting!) I lost contact sometimes, but found better ways to avoid movement on the ipod/lod junction

Bill Withers and Cash now sound even better, just like all the girls, from jenkins to Cassidy, it is amazing what this amp does to the human voice!!!!
biggrin.gif

Nov 3, 2009 at 8:57 AM Post #760 of 999
Quote:

Originally Posted by che15 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone with ipod dock cable have any problems loosing connection when cable is hanging.

I'm not sure if the quote is referring to the same issue, but the line in and line out jacks are loose on my Predator (as compared to the tight, "locking" jacks on the RSA Tomahawk). I've tried several types of plugs with the same result - they come "unplugged" relatively easily when the amp is jostled or moved around. Has anyone noticed a similar issue with the Shadow?

Thanks!

Nov 3, 2009 at 11:57 AM Post #764 of 999
The problem that I asked about is not with the amp is with iphone and lod. Anyone else other than Mr grumoy has this problem and what solution have you found other that not moving.
Thanks for all the responses. keep enjoing the shadow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back