Emmeline "The Shadow"
Oct 30, 2009 at 9:52 PM Post #676 of 999
Hi Ray,

$411.59 was transferred to your PayPal address for one set of the Shadow to Bangkok, Thailand.

Thank you!

Oct 30, 2009 at 10:30 PM Post #677 of 999
Quote:

Originally Posted by ac!d-rxn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just thought I would mention mine: #000
ksc75smile.gif

Can we see a picture of that as I didn't think Ray did a 000 other than his prototype.
biggrin.gif

Oct 31, 2009 at 2:05 AM Post #679 of 999
Quote:

Originally Posted by Audio Addict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can we see a picture of that as I didn't think Ray did a 000 other than his prototype.
biggrin.gif

Taking some photos now. Ill edit once I upload them.

I could be mistaken on the serial # if Ray doesn't do #000.
Mine literally reads "S000"

Since I made a note on my payment saying it would be awesome to get #000, I assumed that I lucked out and that the first character is an "S" for serial no. but I suppose it could be like a "5" ? You be the judge!

I could really care less about the serial - this thing has met my (almost) impossible expectations, so I am very very pleased either way.
ksc75smile.gif

PLEASE PARDON MY "GHETTO LOD - I made it as a "test run" before I use good components! Haha
tongue.gif

(btw- when I say "ghetto" I mean it! This is made of an ipod headphone mini plug, cat5 cable, and a dock connector from a broken ipod data cable)
shadow.jpg

shadow-serial.jpg

Sorry for the poor second photo, but I was using my phone and its no good close up!

Oct 31, 2009 at 2:28 AM Post #680 of 999
^^ Yes, that indeed looks like S000. congrats!

Mine being S222, I think it's safe to assume that S = Shadow

Oct 31, 2009 at 3:36 AM Post #681 of 999
Quote:

Originally Posted by ac!d-rxn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I could be mistaken on the serial # if Ray doesn't do #000. Mine literally reads "S000"

That is too cool. Where else, who else, would take such time. Now off to music time. :^)

Oct 31, 2009 at 4:51 AM Post #682 of 999
Hi,

No. 48 here. The instructions have a strong warning against using any other chargers than the one included. I was just wondering, does someone know if the Shadow can be charged off a laptop's USB?

Oct 31, 2009 at 5:21 AM Post #684 of 999
Quote:

Originally Posted by edwardsean /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi,

No. 48 here. The instructions have a strong warning against using any other chargers than the one included. I was just wondering, does someone know if the Shadow can be charged off a laptop's USB?

Yes - the instructions say this can be done in the first paragraph on the second page - I had to look for it too.

Oct 31, 2009 at 5:43 AM Post #685 of 999
I would like to purchase the shadow can you please tell me what I need to do.

Oct 31, 2009 at 6:44 AM Post #686 of 999
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray Samuels /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dear friends & head-fiers around the world....
We just recieved the happy news that we have been waiting for. The on/off switches that we have been waiting for are shipped over night delivery.
We are going to have the switches tomorrow. That means we will be able to ship next Monday.

To all those who have made the reservation for a Shadow on this thread at the intro price, is the time to send the payment. We will ship by the orders of those who send the payment & not those who postaed to reserve the Shadow. The sooner you make the payment the sooner your turn comes.

The intro price of the Black Shadow is $350.00, $14.00 for shipping via fed-ex express. If using pay-pal the total would be $374.92 for the Shadow shipped in the USA.

The shipping fee to Canada would be $38.00 via fed-ex 2-3 days delivery.
If using Pay-Pal the total is $404.30

The shipping fee to UK is $42.00 via fed-ex. Using pay-pal the total for the Shadow is $408.46

Shipping to Singapore, Japan & Australia, the big known cities, The shipping fee via fed-ex is $45.00. Some parts of Japan & Australia the shipping fee might be more, as fed-ex hires other carrier to do the delivery. Using pay-pal the total is $411.59

If using pay-pal please use my e-mail address to transfer the money.
rsaudio@raysamuelsaudio.com

If you want to pay by checks or money orders please call us at 847-673-8739

Thanks
Ray Samuels Audio

that's what you have to do, from p 31.....

I linked the shadow to my laptop, ray should write on it "high resolution large soundstage and separation amplifier"......still burning in, but....my macbook pro hissing is a thing of the past! Forgot to get a new mini-mini connector though (only thought about the lod!) and my old one is ....well old
confused_face.gif

Oct 31, 2009 at 9:13 AM Post #687 of 999
Hi,

The more the Shadow burns in, the more impressed I am-the resolution and soundstage are simply stunning. I'm using them to drive my GS1000i, and so far so good.

I asked previously about charging with a laptop because I have no problems using the supplied charger. However, when I plug into the USB of my Macbook Pro (unibody) I get all kinds of distortion to the sound. I'm wondering has anyone else had this problem with their laptop and Shadow?

Oct 31, 2009 at 9:20 AM Post #688 of 999
^ Perhaps, it can't be charged via a laptop USB port.

Ray wrote this on page 10 :

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f38/em...ml#post5958764

Quote:

IMPORTANT…Don’t use another charger with the Shadow as you might burn the charging circuitry & damage the battery. The warranty won’t cover such a mistake.

Oct 31, 2009 at 10:23 AM Post #689 of 999
Quote:

Originally Posted by edwardsean /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I asked previously about charging with a laptop because I have no problems using the supplied charger. However, when I plug into the USB of my Macbook Pro (unibody) I get all kinds of distortion to the sound. I'm wondering has anyone else had this problem with their laptop and Shadow?

I had the same problem - if I charged the Shadow from my PC USB and ran the line from the PC's headphone out I got distortion, however when I fed the Shadow from my iPod (while charging from the PC USB) everything worked fine.

Also I could run the Shadow from the PC headphone out fine if I was not charging from the USB.

Not sure what would cause this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back