Emmeline "The Shadow"
Oct 29, 2009 at 2:55 PM Post #631 of 999
BTW, just noticed my serial number was 45, I wonder who has the lowest?

Oct 29, 2009 at 3:44 PM Post #633 of 999
I just got my shadow delivered, over the pond to the UK, that is speed! Thanks Ray!!! You are a star, my lucky number is on it as well, I appreciate that a lot!
And this after my (endless) moaning over the time, Vat, charges....none of that, cheers Ray!
But....I want my money back, it is a lot smaller than what I thought it would be, it must be a toy
atsmile.gif
It nearly blew my head of when I was playing around with my transportable rig, it all fits nicely, PTH, Sahdow, iPod, qables lod and se530s,

what a lucky co-incidence I a have a flight in front of me, it will be waaaay to short, I am sure,

At the moment battery will be half empty (maybe more) but sounds already great, no background noise, unless you start hearing the clicks of the volume control, which will blow your head of if the music starts...

Thanks Ray, a happy (first time RSA) customer
L3000.gif

Oct 29, 2009 at 4:35 PM Post #635 of 999
Quote:

Originally Posted by ac!d-rxn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not true ^^ - shadow can be used as any other amp. Just need some kind of interconnect from your DAP to the amp (Ipod LOD is prefered method for ipod users)

Also, not all LOD's are $300 (or even $100+). I just built 4 for about $100 total and you can find them on the FS forums here or ebay for $30 or so.
PM me if you want more info on building your own. I have some good links and some practical advice if you are new to DIY (like I was)

how did they come out? I may be interested in one.

Oct 29, 2009 at 5:00 PM Post #636 of 999
My Shadow just arrived - I am currently listening to my first song on it.
Iphone 3gs -> DIYlod -> RSA Shadow -> Westone ES3X

Initial findings: sounds damn good. Can't wait to get out of classes tonight and do some comparative listening HP out->phones and LOD->amp->phones to really see how big the difference is.

Possibly stupid question: Burning in amps - if I want to burn in, do I need to have headphones attached or can I just plug in a source and play it through the amp w/o headphones and get the same effect?

Re: interest in buying my LOD's - I am making a batch this weekend, and there may be an unclaimed one (assuming I don't mess any up
wink.gif
) Whoever was interested, feel free to pm me. I won't get any more offtopic by discussing here.

Oct 29, 2009 at 5:20 PM Post #637 of 999
Quote:

Originally Posted by ac!d-rxn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My Shadow just arrived - I am currently listening to my first song on it.
Iphone 3gs -> DIYlod -> RSA Shadow -> Westone ES3X

Initial findings: sounds damn good. Can't wait to get out of classes tonight and do some comparative listening HP out->phones and LOD->amp->phones to really see how big the difference is.

Possibly stupid question: Burning in amps - if I want to burn in, do I need to have headphones attached or can I just plug in a source and play it through the amp w/o headphones and get the same effect?

Re: interest in buying my LOD's - I am making a batch this weekend, and there may be an unclaimed one (assuming I don't mess any up
wink.gif
) Whoever was interested, feel free to pm me. I won't get any more offtopic by discussing here.

You need to have a load attached, i.e. the headphones or like resistance.

Oct 29, 2009 at 6:21 PM Post #638 of 999
Quote:

At the moment battery will be half empty (maybe more) but sounds already great, no background noise, unless you start hearing the clicks of the volume control, which will blow your head of if the music starts...

hmm, I don't hear any clicks at all while using the volume control (which is good)

Oct 29, 2009 at 6:50 PM Post #639 of 999
Got mine yesterday. #50.
This is my first portable amp. I'm using it with Westone 3s. I notice that the volume does not drop to complete silence--I can hear some music at the lowest setting. Normal?

Oct 29, 2009 at 7:58 PM Post #643 of 999
Mine came in about 3 hours ago. Serial #002. First impressions are very very positive. Sounds different to my ears than the other portable amps I've heard and owned from Ray. Listening through UE11s. I don't think I would want anything smaller as it would get lost too easily!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back