Emmeline "The Shadow"
Oct 27, 2009 at 5:06 AM Post #556 of 999
I absolutely love the fact that Mr. Samuels thinks it is imperative to actually have the units built and ready to go BEFORE accepting people's hard earned cash-ola. He is not only an inventor, artist etc. but also a darn good business man as well. Thank You Ray. This will be my third RSA amp and I'm sure I will enjoy it as much or more than my other two. In the past, if I remember correctly, I received shipping information via e-mail. Hopefully I will receive something soon.

Oct 27, 2009 at 5:45 AM Post #557 of 999
Quote:

Originally Posted by cn11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just went back to double check the thread to see that I was indeed in the first 100 reservations.
biggrin.gif

Where is this located? Thanks.

Oct 27, 2009 at 6:37 AM Post #558 of 999
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray Samuels /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dear friends around the world...
Today we Shipped around 100 Shadows to those first 100 names of the first group who payed first. We are shipping more tomorrow, so those in the US should get all their amps between Thursday & Friday. To Japan, China, Hong Kong, Singapore, England, Germany, Italy & Australia, You should get your packages within 5-7 days.
Enjoy your new Toys.

I would like to read your impresion on this thread as to how the Shadow sounds in your portable rig.
Burn-in time is aound 100 hours.
Remember any time your turn the Shadow off then on, the volume control level defaults to the lowest setting.
Cheers to all our friends & headfiers.
Ray Samuels Audio.

Hi Ray,
Many thank for this information.
So is 100 persons list available, and do you send tracking number at each person
Cheers

Oct 27, 2009 at 8:56 AM Post #560 of 999
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Where is this located? Thanks.

Not sure about the list being adhered to for shipment. I think itwas to give him an idea of how many people wanted one. What I gather is, whoever sent their money first will get their amp first. 100 went out today with more going out tomorrow. It seems everyone will be all set, as long as payment has already been made.

What I'd like to know Ray is, will we be getting any type of notification?

Thank You

Oct 27, 2009 at 10:39 AM Post #561 of 999
Quote:

Originally Posted by Woody469 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not sure about the list being adhered to for shipment. I think itwas to give him an idea of how many people wanted one. What I gather is, whoever sent their money first will get their amp first. 100 went out today with more going out tomorrow. It seems everyone will be all set, as long as payment has already been made.

What I'd like to know Ray is, will we be getting any type of notification?

Thank You

I sent paypal an hour after Ray's post so I probably am in that 1st 100.

I'll post when/if I get a tracking #.

But it would be hard to have time to send PMs to everyone after sending 100 amps.

Possible scenario:
Mon. 100 amps sent

Tues. 100 amps sent

Tues. night Champagne imbibing celebrating getting out 200 amps in 2 days to placate grumbling, overworked employees.

Wed. sending out 200 emails and dealing with us impatient head-fiers :)

BTW this will be my 1st RSA amp. Very looking forward to it.

Oct 27, 2009 at 12:06 PM Post #562 of 999
Quote:

Originally Posted by tomjtx /img/forum/go_quote.gif

BTW this will be my 1st RSA amp. Very looking forward to it.

Congratulations tomjtx !!! Welcome to the "family" You have bought not only a great amp but a sense of pride that goes with owning one of these beauties. If you take care of it, it should last you a lifetime. How many products can make that claim?

Oct 27, 2009 at 12:40 PM Post #563 of 999
Quote:

Originally Posted by Woody469 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Congratulations tomjtx !!! Welcome to the "family" You have bought not only a great amp but a sense of pride that goes with owning one of these beauties. If you take care of it, it should last you a lifetime. How many products can make that claim?

I suspect this amp will mate well with the UM3X and my Ety4s.

I have Ibasso and Meier portables but have always wanted to investigate the RSA sonic sig.

The size was the final seller.
On the plane other portables are just too much hassle.
I want something I can put in a front shirt pocket.

I doubt I will need another portable until they come up with one the size and thinness of a credit card :)

Oct 27, 2009 at 12:45 PM Post #564 of 999
This'll be my first RSA product too. Only my second portable amp in fact, after my PiiO E5.

Oct 27, 2009 at 2:22 PM Post #566 of 999
Oct 27, 2009 at 4:52 PM Post #567 of 999
Great work Ray!
smile.gif

Really looking forward to the first impressions.

Oct 27, 2009 at 5:20 PM Post #568 of 999
I have recieved a very special cable from Tedd at "Cable Pro"
after I listened to his cable at the RMAF, the sound was warm & detailed very organic. I liked it but due to all the noise & listening envinment, I asked him to make a special cable with tiny, Gold, 90 Digree mini stereo jack with smallest DOC connector for iPhone/ iPod, It arrived few days ago & right away I had it on a burn-in table to see what I can make out of this flexible wire that looks small & well made. I can't tell you enough how good it sounds.
The only draw back is it's price. Here are few pictures of this special connector attached to my Shadow & the Nano. This little rig with JHPro13
& lossless files make music so enjoyable.

DSC_6006.jpg

DSC_6009.jpg

DSC_6004.jpg

Oct 27, 2009 at 5:42 PM Post #569 of 999
WOW this thing is small!

Oct 27, 2009 at 6:17 PM Post #570 of 999
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray Samuels /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have recieved a very special cable from Tedd at "Cable Pro"
after I listened to his cable at the RMAF, the sound was warm & detailed very organic. I liked it but due to all the noise & listening envinment, I asked him to make a special cable with tiny, Gold, 90 Digree mini stereo jack with smallest DOC connector for iPhone/ iPod, It arrived few days ago & right away I had it on a burn-in table to see what I can make out of this flexible wire that looks small & well made. I can't tell you enough how good it sounds.
The only draw back is it's price. Here are few pictures of this special connector attached to my Shadow & the Nano. This little rig with JHPro13
& lossless files make music so enjoyable.

DSC_6006.jpg

DSC_6009.jpg

DSC_6004.jpg

I wish my LOD is that tiny and flexible LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back