Emmeline "The Shadow"
Oct 16, 2009 at 9:45 PM Post #436 of 999
Quote:

Originally Posted by waynema /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just came back from SARN's website, looks like they have discontinued it..
frown.gif

Well, so much for that plan. Anyone have other suggestion for a high-quality low profile LOD? I've seen the DIY already, not an option...

Oct 17, 2009 at 3:47 AM Post #438 of 999
hello,i want the RSA Shadow price and shipping cost to hongkong,please
help me,how to order?thx a lot!

Oct 17, 2009 at 4:05 AM Post #439 of 999
Quote:

Originally Posted by grumpyoldman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got mine from Qables, fast delivery and nice and small, being burnt in for the Shadow.....

Did they do a custom design for you? I've looked before and again just now and see no low profile configurations on their website.

Oct 17, 2009 at 6:19 AM Post #441 of 999
I dont know what you mean by low profile, it is relatively small, i just took an extension to a total of 30cm, because i want to strap the shadow to the "lid" of my belkin Ipod case, so that I can still open it and mess about with all the ipod controls. The backside is occupied by the belkins holder to put it into a belt, I hope this is still possible with the shadow, but it should be as the shadow is so tiny. I also have the PTH contraption of my SE530 cliped on the side of the belkin case, works quite well for commuting, to speak to the conductors and such.....although the PTH is bulky and the button is stiff.
wink.gif

Oct 17, 2009 at 12:40 PM Post #442 of 999
OK, I understand. I'm looking for a solution to strap amp to back of iPod and drop it in a pocket with amp front panel facing up, without the combo resting on 2" of LOD connector and cable loop. I.e. a LOD connector that protrudes only about 1/2" and whose cable exits from the bottom or side, not straight out the back. Without sacrificing SQ.

I've seen others express this desire before me. Seems it'd be a perfect complement to either of the super-minature amps coming out this fall/winter. I'm bummed that SARN has apparently discontinued its implementation just as these were coming to market. Hoping for someone else to see and fill the void (as I have zero DIY skills...
confused_face_2.gif
)

Oct 17, 2009 at 12:57 PM Post #443 of 999
Yeah, you are right, that would help a lot, but I have not coma across any, I will have the ipod top down in my pocket (iplan, so to speak) as together with the PTH there is a lot of cables, that I could make all point the same direction, so they might support each other. I dont like the idea at all that the tiny silver cable of the LOD gets stuck tsomething.....and putting it all in a bag like some people do makes it luggable, but not really useable to change songs or volume or rating....

Oct 17, 2009 at 4:35 PM Post #444 of 999
Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyByNight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, so much for that plan. Anyone have other suggestion for a high-quality low profile LOD? I've seen the DIY already, not an option...

That's too bad. I really liked their design. Wouldn't have helped with my iMod anyway.

I would echo what others have said here: the ALO Cryo LODs are excellent. I have a regular one and an iMod one.

Oct 17, 2009 at 10:45 PM Post #445 of 999
Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyByNight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OK, I understand. I'm looking for a solution to strap amp to back of iPod and drop it in a pocket with amp front panel facing up, without the combo resting on 2" of LOD connector and cable loop. I.e. a LOD connector that protrudes only about 1/2" and whose cable exits from the bottom or side, not straight out the back. Without sacrificing SQ.

I've seen others express this desire before me. Seems it'd be a perfect complement to either of the super-minature amps coming out this fall/winter. I'm bummed that SARN has apparently discontinued its implementation just as these were coming to market. Hoping for someone else to see and fill the void (as I have zero DIY skills...
confused_face_2.gif
)

PM Punnisher or stevenkelby about building you a 90 degree low profile LOD.

Oct 18, 2009 at 4:57 PM Post #446 of 999
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
PM Punnisher or stevenkelby about building you a 90 degree low profile LOD.

Anyone have pics of proposed "90 degree low profile" LOD so I can get an idea of how it would look?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back