Emmeline "The Shadow"
Sep 19, 2009 at 9:35 AM Post #332 of 999
I recently purchased a pair of Westone 3´s. I plan to buy or DIY a good quality LOD, which I will use to connect the Shadow with a stock iPhone 3G and Ipod Nano 4G. Since it will not be used with an IMOD, would the SQ experience a significant improvement with the Shadow? (or just a marginal one because it wouldn´t be used with the IMOD?)

I guess this question would also be directed to people with experience with the P-51 Mustang since it should have a fairly comparable SQ to the Shadow.

Apologies if this question may seem too obvious to some but I am a newbie in the world of portable/quality music.

Many thanks.

Sep 19, 2009 at 5:02 PM Post #333 of 999
I think a lot depends upon the quality and ability of the monitors being used as to how much difference will be heard.

The Shadow with the JH13's is stunning. You get beautiful detail but other areas are not sacrificed. The bass does not bleed into the lower mids and stays tight and fast. With a run time on my JH13's, which aren't the easiest IEM to drive, I get over 70 hours. I notice hall ambiance on live recordings to have a transparency that can transport you there. Also multiple singers are distinct, as they should be, when recorded well. With the noted transparency and distinct and clean frequency range, I would equate this to a very low noise floor and extremely fast settling time, which is all good for music when done right. If you want to jam, this little amp will do it.

I am listening to Rhythm Devils from Closing of Winterland on Grateful Dead and it sound's live. Incredible drums, space, hall sound and openness and dynamics!

Sep 19, 2009 at 6:56 PM Post #334 of 999
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am listening to Rhythm Devils from Closing of Winterland on Grateful Dead and it sound's live. Incredible drums, space, hall sound and openness and dynamics!

You should replace your whole sig line with a simple Grateful Dead logo.

GratefullDead%20Logo.jpg

Grateful-Dead-Logo.gif

Sep 19, 2009 at 8:25 PM Post #335 of 999
Your probably right. It would be fine with me since they are about 80 percent of what I listen to.

And now folks the
GratefullDead%20Logo.jpg

Sep 19, 2009 at 9:40 PM Post #337 of 999
I don't know , but I am happy to speculate
biggrin.gif

I bet Ray will either make an announcement here or email us through head-fi how and when to make payment.

I bet we will also hear when the 200 pre order is met.

Sep 19, 2009 at 10:07 PM Post #338 of 999
Quote:

Originally Posted by Woody469 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I asked one be reserved many posts ago. Anyone know where/how to submit payment?

Ray will let you know and since you posted here it is my understanding that you will have one reserved.

Sep 20, 2009 at 11:32 AM Post #339 of 999
Quote:

Originally Posted by davemath2001 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I recently purchased a pair of Westone 3´s. I plan to buy or DIY a good quality LOD, which I will use to connect the Shadow with a stock iPhone 3G and Ipod Nano 4G. Since it will not be used with an IMOD, would the SQ experience a significant improvement with the Shadow? (or just a marginal one because it wouldn´t be used with the IMOD?)

I guess this question would also be directed to people with experience with the P-51 Mustang since it should have a fairly comparable SQ to the Shadow.

Apologies if this question may seem too obvious to some but I am a newbie in the world of portable/quality music.

Many thanks.

I have several amps paired with good iem's : trip pro. shure se530, ety 4s and customs.
with a decent LOD I hear a significant improvement in SQ v the headphone out when using stock IPOD Classic, ITouch, IPOD 5G and a nano into a Meir Move and AN IBasso D3 python.

Bypassing the headphone out is one part of the improvement, the amp is the other.

Based on that I have a reasonable expectation that I will hear a diff. with my soon arriving Westone UM3X and a good amp (Shadow is pre ordered)

Sep 20, 2009 at 11:40 AM Post #340 of 999
thanks tomjtx, this is what i want to do with it, improve my dull ipodclassic sound with the amp and SE530s.....can't wait! Do you have a good contraption to carry all that gear around? I want to strap the Shadow to the lid of my belkin Flip case for the ipod nano, just worried that I am going to damage the LOD (silvercable from qables, just burning it in) one of these days in my pocket or on my pants, It is bound to catch something or get bend at so
confused_face_2.gif
me point....

Sep 20, 2009 at 3:24 PM Post #341 of 999
Quote:

Originally Posted by grumpyoldman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
thanks tomjtx, this is what i want to do with it, improve my dull ipodclassic sound with the amp and SE530s.....can't wait! Do you have a good contraption to carry all that gear around? I want to strap the Shadow to the lid of my belkin Flip case for the ipod nano, just worried that I am going to damage the LOD (silvercable from qables, just burning it in) one of these days in my pocket or on my pants, It is bound to catch something or get bend at so
confused_face_2.gif
me point....

Hippocase from jaben.net.

Sep 20, 2009 at 3:51 PM Post #342 of 999
Please reserve one for me... in silver. Thanks.

Sep 20, 2009 at 7:21 PM Post #343 of 999
Quote:

Originally Posted by grumpyoldman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
confused_face_2.gif
me point....

I velcro the classic to my Ibasso or meir and have a case from headroom.

I likely will velcro the shadow to the back of my ITouch and put it in a front pocket.
I am really going for small as can be and the shadow/touch fits the bill.

Sep 22, 2009 at 1:41 AM Post #345 of 999
Hello Ray,

If there is a spot still available, please put me in!! black casing with s/n 011 or 110 if not taken yet.

BTW whats the overall dimension of Shadow?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back