Emmeline "The Hornet" portable headphone amp.
Oct 24, 2005 at 1:52 PM Post #512 of 802
I'm definitely hanging onto my "none-rechargeable" version. I predict it will quickly become a collectors item and skyrocket in value. Just like when the US Mint makes a mistake on a coin or bill, or the postal service makes a mistake on a stamp. Recently nickels with a goobered-up corn stalk were going for $50 on eBay!

Once my Hornet reaches several thousand dollars in price, I will make it available to only those "exclusive" headphone amp collectors on this forum. It will break my heart to let it go, but knowing it will be in the hands of someone who treasures it even more than I do will allow me to sleep better at night.

For those of you deeply troubled by this tiny typo, might I suggest some counseling? Else perhaps a teeny bit of correction compliments of that sharpie resting inside your desk drawer?

<climbs onto soapbox>
Also, I'm just as happy for you to be on the early list for the Hornet as myself, but might we restrain ourselves and not post each gory detail of our transactions with Ray and withhold this info just for his email, PM, or in the Paypal “comments” box? This thread will get insufferably long otherwise. Thanks!
<steps back down off of soapbox>

Jetlag, None-Sequitur

Oct 24, 2005 at 2:04 PM Post #513 of 802
Just sent my payment for a Hornet, 2 Accupower batteries, 1 Tysonic. Introductory price confirmation/proof is on post 28 of this thread.

Oct 24, 2005 at 2:08 PM Post #514 of 802
Well, it looks like we'll have to conduct some covert double-blind testing to see if there is a sonic difference between the typo vs. corrected version
eek.gif

Oct 24, 2005 at 2:19 PM Post #515 of 802
Quote:

Originally Posted by MonkeyMan
Well, it looks like we'll have to conduct some covert double-blind testing to see if there is a sonic difference between the typo vs. corrected version
eek.gif

I'm hoping for increased sq from the typo. The added weight from the extra letter should act as a vibration damper.

Oct 24, 2005 at 2:40 PM Post #517 of 802
Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrion
I'm hoping for increased sq from the typo. The added weight from the extra letter should act as a vibration damper.

in fact , I agree with this
.. I might decide to get 2 amps one from the first bunch and one from the second , to test differences nuances and placebos ..
I yet sense there's some difference .. "none" is not nothing , but they share traits ..

Oct 24, 2005 at 4:57 PM Post #521 of 802
Ray,

Payment sent (rounded up to nearest dollar):
Hornet $295.00
Shipping $10.00
Batteries $14.00 - 2 Accupower
Paypal $10.00
total $329.00

I am post #137 in the thread and also PM'd you

Thanks,
Bob

Oct 24, 2005 at 6:25 PM Post #522 of 802
hello ray -- sent paypal payment today ($315.00), but am actually posting to see if we can get another link for charles's pictures ... seems photobucket took too many hits from eager head-fiers.

Oct 24, 2005 at 6:41 PM Post #524 of 802
Well, actually there is no need for an extra letter. Both "NONE" and "RECHARGABLE" are incorrect as shown. It should be corrected to read "NON-RECHARGEABLE"

So the "extra" E just gets moved. Although this should not result in added mass, it could yield a slightly more balanced distribution of mass. I'm betting this will provide more palpable resolution of inner details in the 10hZ - 100hZ frequency range.

But wait, if the hyphen is added (as would be correct to do so), there actually would be a slight increase in overall mass. Perhaps in addition to the aforementioned performance expectations, the hyphen-upgrade could net a flatter and more extended response in the uppermost frequencies.

Oh, time will tell I suppose. I'm going to get Tara Labs to make me a custom 3" RA-Mini cable using "The Zero" cable. It will cost about $5k USD, but what the heck...
eek.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrion

Oct 24, 2005 at 6:44 PM Post #525 of 802
I am number 78( thread post number 140) on the originally list and I will be sending a money order for batteries and the hornet. Thanks Ray.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back