Emmeline "The Hornet" portable headphone amp.
Aug 31, 2005 at 7:25 AM Post #376 of 802
Quote:

Originally Posted by chungsoi
Hi Ray,

A question: Will the hornet work with 240v without the use of a separate transformer?

While only Ray's answer really counts, I'm pretty sure he told me the adapter would be world-wide compatible.

Aug 31, 2005 at 12:24 PM Post #377 of 802
Quote:

Hi Ray,

A question: Will the hornet work with 240v without the use of a separate transformer?

Quoting from Ray's description of the Hornet in the first post of this thread:
Quote:

In the back panel where the battery compartment is you will find the DC connector for the 90-240 AC regulated adaptor which serves as a charger too.

Aug 31, 2005 at 1:31 PM Post #379 of 802
Quote:

Hi Ray,

Thanks to gpalmer & joelongwood for answering the question correctly.
It is 1 amp regulated 12 volts DC universal switching power adaptor, works from 90VAC-240VAC. It has very clean output. With no battery inside the Hornet, the adaptor works very well, very clean, NO hum or hiss, you won't know if it is not a battery. Thanks to 15,000MF filter in the in the Hornet.
Ray Samuels

Aug 31, 2005 at 1:47 PM Post #380 of 802
Thanks Ray for considering us as well, the non-US buyers!
icon10.gif

Sep 9, 2005 at 6:35 AM Post #381 of 802
Am I the only one who is impatiently waiting for this?
icon10.gif

I really can't wait to get my hands on one.
cool.gif

Sep 13, 2005 at 4:01 AM Post #383 of 802
Will be such a long wait if I think about it! So what am I doing, thinking about it
tongue.gif

Just hope things go smoothly, else we might be hear till Christmas
frown.gif

Sep 13, 2005 at 4:18 AM Post #384 of 802
Can one still get in on the Hornet ? I emailed Ray Sameuls a few days ago ... but haven't heard back yet ... I guess he might be on vacation.

- raj

Sep 13, 2005 at 2:55 PM Post #386 of 802
I'm sure you can get one, at full price!

But the initial discount time limit is well past.

Steve

Sep 15, 2005 at 12:24 AM Post #387 of 802
Man I hate waiting for stuff I want.

I am very sure the wait will be worthwhile though.
cool.gif

Sep 15, 2005 at 2:31 PM Post #388 of 802
I am currently enjoying an IPOD mini with CD's ripped with Apple's lossless compression. The headphones are Shure E5C's. I have the Sik RAM DIN just waiting for the Hornet. The sound is great!

Do you really think there will be THAT much of a difference with the Hornet??

I am not that anxious for the Hornet because I'm am thinking the improvement will only be slight. Maybe a little more powerful bass, but that's it.

Am I wrong!

Smokinjoe

PS - I have never tried a portable headphone amp before, so I have nothing to base these feelings on, it's just what I am expecting.

Sep 15, 2005 at 2:40 PM Post #389 of 802
Quote:

Originally Posted by Smokinjoe
I am currently enjoying an IPOD mini with CD's ripped with Apple's lossless compression. The headphones are Shure E5C's. I have the Sik RAM DIN just waiting for the Hornet. The sound is great!

Do you really think there will be THAT much of a difference with the Hornet??

I am not that anxious for the Hornet because I'm am thinking the improvement will only be slight. Maybe a little more powerful bass, but that's it.

Am I wrong!

Smokinjoe

PS - I have never tried a portable headphone amp before, so I have nothing to base these feelings on, it's just what I am expecting.

I have the same setup as you and also use Apple lossless. I was without my sr-71 after I donated as part of the recent raffle. It was immediately apparent to me that every aspect of the sound quality dropped. It was night and day for me. I know have another sr-71 that I just bought and I am a happy man again. I have only heard the Hornet out of an HD-650 so I have no idea what the differences will be compared to the sr-71 but I can imagine there will likewise be a difference.

Sep 17, 2005 at 5:57 AM Post #390 of 802
Quote:

Originally Posted by LFF
Am I the only one who is impatiently waiting for this?
icon10.gif

I really can't wait to get my hands on one.
cool.gif

No, you are not the only one -- I ordered one for myself and for my brother (who I am slowly introducing into headfi-dom --- first, MS-1s and now AE-1/Hornet) -- I cant wait to get my hands on this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back