Emmeline "The Hornet" portable headphone amp.
Aug 29, 2005 at 7:44 PM Post #362 of 802
I need my amp! When will these start getting shipped out? Thanks.
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 29, 2005 at 7:49 PM Post #363 of 802
Quote:

Originally Posted by number1sixerfan
I need my amp! When will these start getting shipped out? Thanks.
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray Samuels
This is the last day for the intro price of $ 295.00 for the Hornet portable headphone amp. Please, please, do not ask for the intro price after midnight Chicago time, Central time, as it won't happen. Thanks for all who posted in this thread, those who send me the pms & those who e-mailed me, all your orders will be honored. As to colors we have no way of knowing yet if we can have them at no extra charge, but the Black & dark gray will be the two main colors with Gold silk screen. Please do not send e-mail asking for your orders either as it eats my time which I have very little of, When things are happenning I will post here & update the event & give you the info that I have. All the posted orders have time & dates on them, when the Hornet will be ready we will ship on first comes firs served bases. Please do not ask me if you should send money either, I will only take the money when I have the product to give you. I will let you know before hand that it will be the right time for paying for the amp.
Thanks again for your trust in the Hornet, I will try my best to give you a product that will put a smile on your face, if you are not satisfied, you will have your money back.
Cheers.
Ray Samuels

wink.gif

Aug 29, 2005 at 9:14 PM Post #364 of 802
I've owned your HR-2, XP-7 and SR-71. I have taken a small break from the headphone scene. I would be using an Apple iPod as a source with Ety 4,6 and Sen 650s. Would you suggest the SR-71 or the new Hornet?

Aug 29, 2005 at 9:20 PM Post #365 of 802
Quote:

Originally Posted by RickG
wink.gif

That is why I posted here instead of sending him an email. I thought maybe someone here might have an idea. That post does not give me an idea when they will be shipping.

Aug 29, 2005 at 10:01 PM Post #367 of 802
Quote:

Originally Posted by lextek
I've owned your HR-2, XP-7 and SR-71. I have taken a small break from the headphone scene. I would be using an Apple iPod as a source with Ety 4,6 and Sen 650s. Would you suggest the SR-71 or the new Hornet?

There are a couple of impressions on the Hornet vs. SR-71 in the amps forum and the meet impressions forum. In short, it depends on what type of music you listen to.

Aug 29, 2005 at 11:19 PM Post #368 of 802
if you read through this thread, the estimated ship date seems to be mid-november, give or take. but only ray knows for sure. i'm sure he'll update everyone just as soon as he knows.

Aug 29, 2005 at 11:46 PM Post #369 of 802
Quote:

Ever had a stealth? I think you did right?

Well, if you like that vs the amps you listed, then hornet is for you...

It's a matter of price and conveniance for me, im using an ipod as a source, the idea of something so small and sounding great, and all the features sold me.

Yet, if you know what you like, and it seems you had and weren't satisfied by sr71 to keep it, i think you would sell a new sr71 as well.

GIve it a shot. : ]

Aug 30, 2005 at 1:53 AM Post #370 of 802
Quote:

Originally Posted by Teerawit
There are a couple of impressions on the Hornet vs. SR-71 in the amps forum and the meet impressions forum. In short, it depends on what type of music you listen to.

I prefer the SR-71.

I believe that it is a more neutral and balanced amplifier.

-Matt

Aug 30, 2005 at 2:58 AM Post #371 of 802
Quote:

Originally Posted by crazyfrenchman27
I prefer the SR-71.

I believe that it is a more neutral and balanced amplifier.

-Matt

I hope the Hornet will synergize (to me) with my Senns and bring the sound alittle more forward. I could care less about soundstage.

^^example of how the Hornet vs. SR-71 decision depends on your tastes and gear

Aug 30, 2005 at 4:42 AM Post #372 of 802
Quote:

Originally Posted by Teerawit
I hope the Hornet will synergize (to me) with my Senns and bring the sound alittle more forward. I could care less about soundstage.

^^example of how the Hornet vs. SR-71 decision depends on your tastes and gear

why bicker, own both.....

honestly though after owning the sr and demoing the hornet, they both definatly have their advantages.

Aug 30, 2005 at 4:47 AM Post #373 of 802
Quote:

Originally Posted by ivandal
why bicker, own both.....

honestly though after owning the sr and demoing the hornet, they both definatly have their advantages.

It was an example, man...

In my case anyway, there's only enough funds for one portable amp.

Aug 30, 2005 at 1:39 PM Post #374 of 802
Quote:

Lex, you are living proof that there is no escape from this place........EVER!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back