Eminems new album...SQ?
May 28, 2009 at 2:12 AM Post #17 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by RCGA /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm a big Eminem fan, but the whole accent **** is getting old. I can't listen to the first 2/3 of the album.

Agreed, I can't understand a good bit of the album either.
confused.gif

May 28, 2009 at 5:54 AM Post #18 of 26
not much motivation for them to make a real hi-fi audiophile sounding album ... its made with digital/mp3 distribution in mind more than anything, probably ...
I do like him and can relate to some of his songs about relationships gone bad, hee hee .

May 28, 2009 at 6:09 AM Post #19 of 26
Personally, Dr. Dre's beats sound quite high in quality to me overall. He is known to be a perfectionist when it comes to any beats that he produces. This album in FLAC sounds decent, more emphasized on the vocals more so than the instruments and separation. But remember most of these instruments aren't actually "instruments" but samples from a computer that were placed in a program and looped over to make the overall beat. Listen to Chronic 2001 in CD quality or FLAC and tell me that it does not sound at least half-way decent, especially for a rap/hip-hop album.

May 28, 2009 at 9:12 PM Post #20 of 26
I find the beats in Chronic 2001 are a lot simpler than Relapse....there's too many samples and random instruments going off.

I'm really trying to like this album but can't seem to be able to do it.

May 29, 2009 at 3:13 AM Post #21 of 26
I was sampling this album to see what the fuss was all about etc. I'm not usually into hip hop type music but I have to be honest, this album seems pretty good.

So far from some of the songs that I have sampled, the SQ varies a fair bit. Some songs sound pretty tight and decent but that one song, "Beautiful" sounds terrible. Sounds like clipping to me on the bass notes which is too bad but expected because i'm sure that song is targeted towards the radio etc. where loudness is king.

I can't believe I just bought an Eminem album...

May 29, 2009 at 8:22 AM Post #22 of 26
Oh come on, all that fuss about him years ago is gone, indulge, no ones looking :p.

Bagpipes from Baghdad sounds pretty bad to my ears

May 29, 2009 at 3:00 PM Post #23 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Canon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So far from some of the songs that I have sampled, the SQ varies a fair bit. Some songs sound pretty tight and decent but that one song, "Beautiful" sounds terrible.

I thought Beautiful was one of the best songs on the album haha

Jun 2, 2009 at 4:29 AM Post #24 of 26
I hate myself for just having ordered yet another Eminem album and enriching him even further.

Jun 2, 2009 at 6:31 AM Post #25 of 26
I hear it too. The waveform looks pretty compressed, peaks are brickwalled. It's too bad, I was unimpressed with his 3rd and 4th albums and sort of lost interest - but I'm really digging the lyrics on this one so far. It's just a bit hard to listen to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back