Elysian Pilgrim
May 10, 2024 at 4:10 PM Post #166 of 353
Time to throw out some crazy test scenarios because hey, you asked!

I'd be interested in your impressions between the two with a cable swap since that's a big chunk of the price difference.
OG with Noir cable
Noir with OG cable

Also, I think it'd be cool if you can use PEQ to get one's FR to graph like the other and then get your impressions on whether or not they sound the same. They use the same shell and drivers, just different tuning and crossover.
As I understand it, they use the same amount of drivers, but not the same configuration and not necessarily the same drivers either.
The Noir has two BA drivers for midrange (1-(1+1)-1, as a 4-way) while the OG Pilgrim has two BA drivers for treble (1-1-2, as a 3-way) which is probably why some impressions mention that Noir has better/thicker mid-range and better bass quality (as the DD is free to focus more on sub-bass), and the OG having more treble details. Kinda wish they would have increased the amount of drivers in the Noir to match the OG's treble. Guess we'll see, looking forward to watch Jays' review.

Last edited:
May 10, 2024 at 5:40 PM Post #167 of 353
Hey just wanted to let people know that I am getting a Pilgrim Noire and going to be comparing it to the OG Pilgrim when I Can. I'll put up a graph and review link in thread* when I can. If you have a specific suggestion let me know. I'd be happy to compare stuff, or answer questions when it's in.

This is probably already gonna be in there but looking for a specific comparison between each sound frequency range - bass, mids, treble, then the overall impression of the cohesive sound, and stage and imaging. Excited to hear your thoughts and congrats on the set!

May 10, 2024 at 5:42 PM Post #168 of 353
Got here a few days early, so a nice way to start the weekend!

Attachments

• IMG_2732.jpeg
    IMG_2732.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
May 10, 2024 at 5:59 PM Post #169 of 353
How do you compare from memory the pilgrim to the supermoon ?
That's tough but I heard the supermoon first at Audio46 and remember being impressed. When I heard the Pilgrim at CanJam, I definitely remember being more impressed. When I get the Pilgrim I can say more as I had the supermoon for a few months. The only reason I sold those was for money to finance the Pilgrim and Aviots but I would have kept them otherwise. The Bonneville did not last past their honeymoon period. Solid IEM but did not need to keep them in my rotation. As far as specific sound comparisons, I need to hear the Pilgrim when I get them.

Last edited:
May 10, 2024 at 6:04 PM Post #170 of 353
That's tough but I heard the supermoon first at Audio46 and remember being impressed. When I heard the Pilgrim at CanJam, I definitely remember being more impressed. When I get the Pilgrim I can say more as I had the supermoon for a few months. The only reason I sold those was for money to finance the Pilgrim and Aviots but I would have kept them otherwise. The Bonneville did not last past their honeymoon period. Solid IEM but did not need to keep them in my rotation.
Thanks for that info. I think I will order the pilgrim or Dunu x Gizaudio DaVinci

May 10, 2024 at 6:16 PM Post #171 of 353
Thanks for that info. I think I will order the pilgrim or Dunu x Gizaudio DaVinci
Have you heard sound impressions of the Dunu collab?

I do remember the Pilgrim having a nice solid punchy bass and very good treble detail with no harshness.

May 10, 2024 at 10:58 PM Post #172 of 353
Hey just wanted to let people know that I am getting a Pilgrim Noire and going to be comparing it to the OG Pilgrim when I Can. I'll put up a graph and review link in thread* when I can. If you have a specific suggestion let me know. I'd be happy to compare stuff, or answer questions when it's in.
Awesome! Hope Noir has good QC this time as well!

May 11, 2024 at 12:40 PM Post #174 of 353
Only this really at the moment

oh thanks.

because everybody cares so much, my Pilgrim have landed in the States. I hope they make it to my local carrier over the weekend. Elysian sent me an email saying that being one of the first to get the Pilgrim, they would love feedback on their social media. We are at least some of the first in the US, that can of worms was opened already in Asia.

May 11, 2024 at 2:25 PM Post #175 of 353
Just ordered one, hope the hype is real.

May 12, 2024 at 11:22 PM Post #177 of 353
Quick impressions of pilgrim vs volare:

Pilgrim: Overall a more effortless sound signature. Vocal is forward and lush. Timbre is clean and natural. Not the best bass but still has good slam and dynamics. Sound is never dull or soft.

Volare: More bass more mids, fuller, more focused sound. Ear gain is a bit high but still very smooth and coherent with satisfying technicality and details. A good Harmanish implementation.

May 13, 2024 at 10:33 AM Post #180 of 353
My pilgrim departed an airport in China at 6am China time on Saturday morning. But apparently has not landed anywhere yet 😂

Users who are viewing this thread

Back