Elysian Pilgrim
Apr 23, 2024 at 10:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 114

atechreviews

Head-Fier
Hello fellow Head-Fi'ers!

This is a space dedicated to discussing, sharing impressions, posting pictures, and generally having a respectful and informative discussion about this exciting new IEM from Elysian Acoustics Labs.

I first had the pleasure of experiencing the Pilgrim at the 2024 CanJam Singapore, where I was fortunate enough to have some quiet time with them. After that initial encounter, I was so impressed that I decided to purchase a pair, and I'm excited to announce that I've just received an email saying they're on the way!

To kick things off, here are some pictures of the Elysian Pilgrim:

Pilgrim 1.jpg

Pilgrim 2.jpg

Pilgrim 3.jpg

Pilgrim 4.jpg

Pilgrim 5.jpg

I'll be updating this thread with more pictures and impressions once I've had some more time with them, and I hope other members will do the same. In the meantime, here's what I learned about the Elysian Pilgrim from my discussions with the Elysian team at CanJam SG, as per my notes:

1. It is personally tuned by their lead engineer.
  2. It features a 1 LSR DD + 3 custom Sonion BA IEM configuration.
  3. The custom-made 9.2mm dynamic driver features Liquid Silicon Rubber (LSR) technology, capable of reproducing low frequencies down to an impressive 10 Hz, contributing to a strong sub-bass rumble.
  4. It uses a Magnesium-Aluminum alloy diaphragm to maintain driver performance over time.
  5. Each driver is handpicked and tested to ensure every single driver is within a +/- 1 dB range.
  6. It includes one custom Sonion BA for mid-range.
  7. It features dual ultra-tweeter custom Sonion balanced armature drivers.
  8. It has a custom 3-way crossover with minimal distortion and accurate phase coherency.
  9. The ear shells are made out of corrosion-resistant 304 Stainless Steel.
  10. I loved the cable.

I'm eagerly looking forward to sharing my thoughts on the Pilgrim once they arrive, and I can't wait to hear what everyone else thinks as well. Let's make this a great discussion!

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2024 at 5:01 AM Post #2 of 114
Hello fellow Head-Fi'ers!

This is a space dedicated to discussing, sharing impressions, posting pictures, and generally having a respectful and informative discussion about this exciting new IEM from Elysian Acoustics Labs.

I first had the pleasure of experiencing the Pilgrim at the 2024 CanJam Singapore, where I was fortunate enough to have some quiet time with them. After that initial encounter, I was so impressed that I decided to purchase a pair, and I'm excited to announce that I've just received an email saying they're on the way!

To kick things off, here are some pictures of the Elysian Pilgrim:

Pilgrim 1.jpg
Pilgrim 2.jpg

Pilgrim 3.jpg
Pilgrim 4.jpg
Pilgrim 5.jpg

I'll be updating this thread with more pictures and impressions once I've had some more time with them, and I hope other members will do the same. In the meantime, here's what I learned about the Elysian Pilgrim from my discussions with the Elysian team at CanJam SG, as per my notes:

1. It is personally tuned by their lead engineer.
  2. It features a 1 LSR DD + 3 custom Sonion BA IEM configuration.
  3. The custom-made 9.2mm dynamic driver features Liquid Silicon Rubber (LSR) technology, capable of reproducing low frequencies down to an impressive 10 Hz, contributing to a strong sub-bass rumble.
  4. It uses a Magnesium-Aluminum alloy diaphragm to maintain driver performance over time.
  5. Each driver is handpicked and tested to ensure every single driver is within a +/- 1 dB range.
  6. It includes one custom BA for mid-range.
  7. It features dual ultra-tweeter custom balanced armature drivers.
  8. It has a custom 3-way crossover with minimal distortion and accurate phase coherency.
  9. The ear shells are made out of corrosion-resistant 304 Stainless Steel.
  10. I loved the cable.

I'm eagerly looking forward to sharing my thoughts on the Pilgrim once they arrive, and I can't wait to hear what everyone else thinks as well. Let's make this a great discussion!
Did you order the regular Pilgrim or the Noir edition?

I'm very curious and interested in this iem also, the tuning looks like something I'd enjoy.

Apr 24, 2024 at 5:23 AM Post #3 of 114
I already ordered Pilgrim normal version. Hopefully it would be shipping soon 🎉

Apr 24, 2024 at 6:30 AM Post #6 of 114
Where did you guys order from? I can't see if for sale anywhere yet, not even for pre order.

Apr 24, 2024 at 1:49 PM Post #9 of 114
Apr 24, 2024 at 7:59 PM Post #10 of 114
Where did you guys order from? I can't see if for sale anywhere yet, not even for pre order.
I ordered from Hifigo for the pre-release sample. Not sure if it would be the same as the production unit in terms of packaging and accessories.

Apr 24, 2024 at 8:59 PM Post #11 of 114
Did you listen to the noir as well? Any comparison impressions?

Apr 24, 2024 at 9:31 PM Post #12 of 114
Did you listen to the noir as well? Any comparison impressions?
Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to listen to the Noir as there was a waiting line, and I had already waited some time to try the DIVA and Annihilator 2023. While waiting, I asked the Elysian team about the difference, and they mentioned that the regular version will sound a little "darker" compared to the noir. They also mentioned that the noir has a totally different tuning and a different price bracket, and while it's finalized, it will be released later this year and is not available for preorder.

Apr 24, 2024 at 9:39 PM Post #13 of 114
Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to listen to the Noir as there was a waiting line, and I had already waited some time to try the DIVA and Annihilator 2023. While waiting, I asked the Elysian team about the difference, and they mentioned that the regular version will sound a little "darker" compared to the noir. They also mentioned that the noir has a totally different tuning and a different price bracket, and while it's finalized, it will be released later this year and is not available for preorder.
hmmm shouldnt it be the other way round? At the very lest I found the noir to be lacking in lower treble. But of the 2 evils I would rather take the noir over the regular pilgrim that has treble extension but has a nice hole in the upper bass/lower mids.

Apr 24, 2024 at 9:56 PM Post #14 of 114
hmmm shouldnt it be the other way round? At the very lest I found the noir to be lacking in lower treble. But of the 2 evils I would rather take the noir over the regular pilgrim that has treble extension but has a nice hole in the upper bass/lower mids.
I know, right? It does seem a bit counterintuitive. I actually asked them twice about it, and surprisingly, they said the noir isn't the slightly darker version; it's actually the opposite! The regular Pilgrim is not dark at all; it has excellent treble extension thanks to its dual custom Sonion ultra-tweeters. I've personally confirmed its impressive treble extension. Perhaps there was some misunderstanding due to background noise. I'm looking forward to confirming this when I receive mine. Rest assured, I'll share my thoughts here as soon as they arrive!

Apr 24, 2024 at 10:07 PM Post #15 of 114
I know, right? It does seem a bit counterintuitive. I actually asked them twice about it, and surprisingly, they said the noir isn't the slightly darker version; it's actually the opposite! The regular Pilgrim is not dark at all; it has excellent treble extension thanks to its dual custom Sonion ultra-tweeters. I've personally confirmed its impressive treble extension. Perhaps there was some misunderstanding due to background noise. I'm looking forward to confirming this when I receive mine. Rest assured, I'll share my thoughts here as soon as they arrive!
I wondering if the regular pilgrim can be "modifiend" via EQ to have a more cohesive low to mids transition. but yes the treble is really impressive. Got to go back to zapplin and co to try. But yeah even if on FR the noir has more treble to my ears the balance is a clear downward slope. Looking forward to your review.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back