Elysian Annihilator 2023
Apr 22, 2024 at 11:11 PM Post #721 of 783
Last edited:
Apr 22, 2024 at 11:15 PM Post #722 of 783
Wrote a review on the Elysian Annihilator here.

Very fun to listen to and especially with more energetic modern productions, would look towards purchasing one in the future (or their new TOTL IEM).

Some of the best photos I’ve seen and shows why the gold finish is best.

Apr 23, 2024 at 10:17 PM Post #723 of 783
Just had a first listen with my new Annihilator 2023 (brushed Titanium) and I'm quite blown away. I have never heard an IEM this detailed yet so smooth in my life. Dynamic range is far greater than many IEMs I have tried, I can turn the volume down just a little and not feel like I'm sacrificing any clarity or dynamics.
Paired with the Eletech Baroque eartips, there is not a shroud of sibilance or any harshness at all. Imaging and sub-bass response is exactly what I would like it to be with IEMs. So much balance and the soundstage is large and wide.....wow.

My source and amp is my DX320 Edition X DAP with a modded AMP11MK2s EXN3 amp module using Neutron app in android mode.

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2024 at 10:53 PM Post #724 of 783
Just had a first listen with my new Annihilator 2023 (brushed Titanium) and I'm quite blown away. I have never heard an IEM this detailed yet so smooth in my life. Dynamic range is far greater than many IEMs I have tried, I can turn the volume down just a little and not feel like I'm sacrificing any clarity or dynamics.
Paired with the Eletech Baroque eartips, there is not a shroud of sibilance or any harshness at all. Imaging and sub-bass response is exactly what I would like it to be with IEMs. So much balance and the soundstage is large and wide.....wow.

My source and amp is my DX320 Edition X DAP with a modded AMP11MK2s EXN3 amp module using Neutron app in android mode.

It is certainly a very exciting IEM to listen to! I’ve still yet to hear the Subtonic Storm, but these certainly are the most resolving IEMs on the top end I’ve heard, without a bit of graininess or sharpness. I really am enjoying their timbre overall.

Apr 25, 2024 at 3:41 AM Post #725 of 783
I find it interesting that the recommended upgrade cable in Effect Audio website for Anni is the Cleo II Octa. I didn't like that pairing at all because the Anni treble magic disappears. That cable is warm, analog sounding, and smoothens treble.

Apr 25, 2024 at 9:34 AM Post #727 of 783
Shock horror! I’ve managed to get the Spinfit Omni onto the Anni23.

Thanks to @lolhero who said to gently warm up the tips, as this was what eventually worked. You still need to carefully work it onto the nozzle but with it being a bit warmer it becomes easier to do so.

Apr 25, 2024 at 9:48 PM Post #728 of 783
For those of you who have these IEMs or have owned them in the past,

How does the Elysian Annihilator 2023 fare against the Oriolus Traillii and the Aroma Jewel?

Apr 25, 2024 at 9:59 PM Post #729 of 783

How does the Elysian Annihilator 2023 fare against the Oriolus Traillii and the Aroma Jewel?
I own both Traillii and Anni '23. My take:

• they are extremely complementary. Very differently tuned and serve different genres imo.
  • The Anni is undoubtedly a fun tuning. Just bombastic and satisfying. Lovely, satisfying highs and a really satisfying bass. If you like hip hop or pop or rock/metal - you'll have a blast with it.
  • Traillii has the best upper-mids/highs I've heard. It is just so tastefully tuned. Vocals soar, details are remarkably bright and airy but never fatiguing. I think its highs are really the best around. Oriolus tunes their entire line so tastefully. Their IEMs never try too hard and yet are very engaging. The one gripe some have with it is bass. It is not at all booming/bassy IEM. In fact, it's pretty reserved, leaving room for those mids/highs to shine. If you're a basshead, you're gonna find yourself wanting more for sure.
  • If someone forced me to pick one... it would be Anni 23.
I hope that helps!

Apr 25, 2024 at 10:01 PM Post #730 of 783

Between Trailli and the Annihilator from a technical standpoint, Annihilator is flat-out better in every meaningful metric.

Annihilator has a better bass and treble, and Trailli has the better mids.

They sound very different in practice though, so despite Anni’s technical superiority, I’m sure many will prefer the Trailli over Annihilator, most likely because of Trailli’s exquisite vocals.

Of course there’s also the price, a new Trailli being about double the price of a new Annihilator. A used Trailli can be had for about $3k USD if you can find one.

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2024 at 10:02 PM Post #731 of 783
I own both Traillii and Anni '23. My take:

• they are extremely complementary. Very differently tuned and serve different genres imo.
  • The Anni is undoubtedly a fun tuning. Just bombastic and satisfying. Lovely, satisfying highs and a really satisfying bass. If you like hip hop or pop or rock/metal - you'll have a blast with it.
  • Traillii has the best upper-mids/highs I've heard. It is just so tastefully tuned. Vocals soar, details are remarkably bright and airy but never fatiguing. I think its highs are really the best around. Oriolus tunes their entire line so tastefully. Their IEMs never try too hard and yet are very engaging. The one gripe some have with it is bass. It is not at all booming/bassy IEM. In fact, it's pretty reserved, leaving room for those mids/highs to shine. If you're a basshead, you're gonna find yourself wanting more for sure.
  • If someone forced me to pick one... it would be Anni 23.
I hope that helps!

Yeah that helped a bunch, thanks a lot!

Apr 25, 2024 at 10:06 PM Post #732 of 783

For my preferences, I think I would rank them Annihilator, Traillii, Jewel. But they are all great IEMs and I am happy to have them in the collection.

Apr 25, 2024 at 10:07 PM Post #733 of 783
Between Trailli and the Annihilator from a technical standpoint, Annihilator is flat-out better in every meaningful metric.

Annihilator has a better bass and treble, and Trailli has the better mids.

They sound very different in practice though, so despite Anni’s technical superiority, I’m sure many will prefer the Trailli over Annihilator, most likely because of Trailli’s exquisite vocals.

Of course there’s also the price, a new Trailli being about double the price of a new Annihilator. A used Trailli can be had for about $3k USD if you can find one.

I have very little to complain about with my Annihilator 2023 but I have been experimenting with eartips to see which would give me a boost in imaging, my Eletech Baroques give me great sub-bass impact, overall balance and biggest soundstage but imaging seems a tad pulled back, the Azla Sedna Short Light give me better vocals, and mid-bass quantity but the soundstage is narrower and the eartips themselves aren't comfortable and then I tried my trusty JVC Spiral Dot++ and it has a small improvement in imaging and mids but it gives less sub-bass and bass not to mention soundstage is a tad smaller.

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2024 at 2:25 AM Post #734 of 783
I have very little to complain about with my Annihilator 2023 but I have been experimenting with eartips to see which would give me a boost in imaging, my Eletech Baroques give me great sub-bass impact, overall balance and biggest soundstage but imaging seems a tad pulled back, the Azla Sedna Short Light give me better vocals, and mid-bass quantity but the soundstage is narrower and the eartips themselves aren't comfortable and then I tried my trusty JVC Spiral Dot++ and it has a small improvement in imaging and mids but it gives less sub-bass and bass not to mention soundstage is a tad smaller.
Nice to see the tips discussion. I been rolling aswell.

Spinfit W1: i find the sound very fitting, everything sounds quite nice, although I don't like the fit and seal for my ears, I find them not fit me that well. The bass seems to be little weaker.

Tri clarions: very wide bore, I can see the gold edge of the nozzle, bass enhanced and soundstage wider, but guitars loose a bit of the punch.

Azla sedna/xelastec: good sounding very balanced, doesn't fit me that well

Tangzu Sancai matt texture: currently my favorite fitwise, very comfortable. Guitars are ultra prominent, quite wide bore so bass not to bad.

Waiting for divinus velvets that should arrive today, but delayed.

Apr 26, 2024 at 2:42 AM Post #735 of 783
For me, Divinus Velvet are the worst tips for Anni (and for all the other iems I own). I use either W1 or Azla Crystal (probably the best) or earfit light short.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back