Elysian Annihilator 2023
Mar 30, 2024 at 2:50 AM Post #586 of 802
We were talking about the 2023 Anni between the Ti(the most expensive version) vs Gold (regular one). I think there has to be a reason why the Ti is more expensive compared to the standard one other than the cosmetic difference.
You could ask Andrew from MT (US), Elise (UK) and Zeppelin Audio (JP).

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2024 at 3:00 AM Post #587 of 802
You could ask Andrew from MT (US), Elise (UK) and Zeppelin Audio (JP).
Yep , my friends also planning to ask with Elysian at Canjam Singapore.

Mar 30, 2024 at 3:16 AM Post #588 of 802
Yep , my friends also planning to ask with Elysian at Canjam Singapore.
At the gym now... what a coincidence!! 🫢 Perhaps fate? Should I buy Anni again?! Maybe the Ti Version? 😅

IMG_0187.jpeg

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2024 at 5:17 AM Post #589 of 802
O on
Do you still have them both side by side? It was subtle until i suddenly notice the treble of the guitars in my music are different. And then the bass somehow slightly different too. It was confirmed by many people who tried both together.
i only kept the Ti. I did spend countless hours with Ti in one ear and gold in the other, often in the blind. I just did not hear a difference.

The price difference is undoubtedly solely due to materials and perception that titanium is “better” than gold. I must admit I do miss the gold version. I like the tasteful contrast the gold version provides at the novels. Would still chose the Ti overall though.

Mar 30, 2024 at 5:18 AM Post #590 of 802
Do you still have them both side by side? It was subtle until i suddenly notice the treble of the guitars in my music are different. And then the bass somehow slightly different too. It was confirmed by many people who tried both together.
Maybe the difference in sound is just how many hours they played.I noticed that as anni warms up, the sound changes a little.This mainly concerns the bass, it becomes denser, due to this, probably, the detail of the middle increases a little

Mar 30, 2024 at 5:43 AM Post #592 of 802
Pretty sure if Titanium shell had any advantages sonically they would promote it as such :]

Had a choice between the two and preferred gold to titanium design-wise, just fits the theme much better for me + mirror polish > brushed :)

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2024 at 6:10 AM Post #593 of 802
Pretty sure if Titanium shell had any advantages sonically they would promote it as such :]

Had a choice between the two and preferred gold to titanium design-wise, just fits the theme much better for me + mirror polish > brushed :)
No change in sound aside from variations from unit to unit. I measured a few and they tend to vary quite a bit regardless of “shell” material

Mar 30, 2024 at 6:19 AM Post #594 of 802
Yep as expected.

Mar 30, 2024 at 11:35 AM Post #596 of 802
No change in sound aside from variations from unit to unit.
Correct. The differences between the Gold, Stainless, and Titanium Annihilator 2023 is cosmetic and there are no differences in the sound and or other components. It’s a baseless idea that there is a difference and it’s not worth entertaining the discussion.

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2024 at 2:38 PM Post #597 of 802
While the Gold and Titanium versions sound great, I can’t wait for the Tantalum and Francium versions. They should sound incredible.

Mar 30, 2024 at 3:09 PM Post #598 of 802
If you have problems with landing, do not rush to get rid of anni, try less massive cables.I purchased a Chiron 4W and the problem with landing has disappeared completely for me personally, it is unclear why such a bulky cable is put to anni

Mar 31, 2024 at 3:55 AM Post #599 of 802
It was confirmed by Elysian there is no difference in sound between faceplate material. I wonder why the Ti is more expensive when the color is almost the same with the steel one.

Edit: I think Ti is more expensive due to material price but... why? While the steel look almost the same. hmmm...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back