Elysian Annihilator 2023
May 2, 2024 at 12:03 PM Post #781 of 783
With the Liquid Links Martini stock cable, I just point the longer side of the 4.4mm connector to the right.

1000012637.jpg
We're using the same setup to the tee haha.

Actually, I recently swapped out AMP11 in favor of AMP12W, but still very similar

I think we have similar tastes! Considering you picked up my Caldera too :)

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
May 2, 2024 at 12:12 PM Post #782 of 783
We're using the same setup to the tee haha.

Actually, I recently swapped out AMP11 in favor of AMP12W, but still very similar

I think we have similar tastes! Considering you picked up my Caldera too :)

Yes buddy,

I'm currently waiting for my modded AMP12 back from NPAudio, using a AMP11MK2s EXN3 at the moment which came with this DX320 Edition X.

Thank you again for your fine Caldera!

May 2, 2024 at 1:15 PM Post #783 of 783
I've been in the Vienna today in a very cool shop. Owner was very kind to let me test plethora of his amps/dacs/players, it was awesome. Sharing some quick still fresh impressions.

I've tested some of the mid range options aswell and compared them with Mojo2 on Annihilator 23. I think Questyle in general matches very nicely to my ears. I didnt like the iBasso or Ifi at all. IBasso DC Elite that people mentioned as a good match was quite the disapointment for me. Quirky with weird volume steps and issues once you move them. Sound nothing special, if thats how dx320 tonality is, I wouldn't consider it an awesome pairing. I didnt exactly like the A&K PA10 either, I've tried connecting Mojo2 to it and although it got some additional power, I felt it wasnt any better then just Mojo2 alone, if anything it felt it loosened some crisp and detail and made it more 'smooth', not exactly what I was looking for, and whenever I was unplugging and just going back to Mojo itself, I heard better vocals, better resolution eventhough with less punch. Mojo2 feels like top of the gang in this class range, very good match tbh.

I also like CMA18p a lot, it was a very cool device, vocals were very much spot on for what I wish to hear. Instantly I heard the bigger and wider soundstage compare to Mojo. The punch is also bigger then on Mojo2, which is very obvious on the drums. There are three major shortcoming for me, which is the bass felt a bit worse then on Mojo2, less of it and more 'polite', no battery bypass mode and no direct amp connection. Other then that the cma18p is very very good match. I feel it brings out the vocals a bit more on Anni and makes them a little more romantic and leas dry. I can only imagine the cma18 master is probably one of the very best matches for this IEMs, if you only need desktop and forget about portability.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back