Elysian Acoustics DIVA 2023
Oct 14, 2023 at 4:07 PM Post #226 of 277
Oct 14, 2023 at 5:17 PM Post #227 of 277
Btw what sources do you guys use when you use the Diva 2023? Is a dongle dac ,like Fiio KA5 with a phone, enough to power the Diva, or does it need a better source (Desktop amp, etc.)?
Phone is fine though u would want to play around with all your DAPs and DACs to impedance match a bit. It doesn't change the sound too much but certain DAPs I use like the cowon plenue ii just seems to match with it a bit better than the others.

Oct 14, 2023 at 9:50 PM Post #228 of 277
Phone is fine though u would want to play around with all your DAPs and DACs to impedance match a bit. It doesn't change the sound too much but certain DAPs I use like the cowon plenue ii just seems to match with it a bit better than the others.

does source really matter for the Diva? My main setup is a dongle dac and a phone.

Oct 14, 2023 at 10:30 PM Post #230 of 277
does source really matter for the Diva? My main setup is a dongle dac and a phone.
It's a power hog in my experience. All DAPs on high gain and turned up higher than almost anything else I have.

Oct 15, 2023 at 4:00 AM Post #231 of 277
Btw what sources do you guys use when you use the Diva 2023? Is a dongle dac ,like Fiio KA5 with a phone, enough to power the Diva, or does it need a better source (Desktop amp, etc.)?
I planned on selling my Diva 23 but decided to keep them to pair with my iFi Go Pods. It’s quite shocking how good they sound using a wireless dac/amp like the Go Pods, even through the crappy AAC codec on iPhone.

IMG_2411.jpeg

Oct 15, 2023 at 10:55 AM Post #232 of 277
Hello! I don't think it’s a matter of “need” but more of a preference of sound signature/synergy. RU7 dongle had a wider soundstage, slightly less bass compared to Mojo 2 which sharpened things in a good way, had more mid bass punch and allowed you to peer into the wonderful Diva mids. Diva is harder to drive than the Spartacus which I now own. On RU7 volume was 33 vs 24 with Spartacus. I had to return Diva for fit issues otherwise I would have happily kept it. This was the first IEM that I couldn’t keep in my ears for more than 30 minutes.

Oct 15, 2023 at 12:56 PM Post #233 of 277
Not really, it's not even a big difference in sound. As long as device can power it to decent volume you are good. It does seem to want a bit more power than other IEMs though. However I use it on my Sony Xperia phone and it works just fine at about 70-80% volume.

Oct 17, 2023 at 6:04 PM Post #234 of 277
Ok, so I've spent a bit more time this afternoon swapping Diva23 back and forth between the stock Ares S and the LL Martini cables, and my verdict is... that they sound nearly identical.

What difference I do hear is incredibly small, and I have to close my eyes to shut out any other distractions to notice, but the LL Martini is ever so slightly tighter and more 'controlled' than the Ares S. There is just a very faint increase in noise around the notes with the Ares S, mostly in the upper midrange and treble, with just a hint of edginess by comparison to the LL Martini. That's not to say Diva is in any way harsh or edgy at all, it's just that the LL Martini takes what's already a great IEM and refines it a bit.

The biggest differences I'm hearing with Diva, are (unsurprisingly) by adjusting the tuning switches. Going 'bass lite' with the white setting does give the feeling of opening them up a bit and making them sound a bit wider and more expansive, so maybe that's a soundstage improvement? Of course that's at the expense of a lot of sub-bass energy, but you can't get something for nothing I guess.

Have to say, the more time I'm spending with Diva, the more impressed I am with it, despite the fact I'm spoiled to have it's big sister Anni in my collection. I'll write up a more in depth impressions post in a couple weeks, but Diva is a very strong contender in it's price class with it's fun lively presentation that has the all-important factor of making me want to 'play just one more track'
That's interesting. I've been using my Divas on the max bass setting since day 1. Now that I'm listening with the middle white setting, I'm hearing a soundstage improvement too. Thanks for the heads up!

Oct 18, 2023 at 2:48 AM Post #235 of 277
I planned on selling my Diva 23 but decided to keep them to pair with my iFi Go Pods. It’s quite shocking how good they sound using a wireless dac/amp like the Go Pods, even through the crappy AAC codec on iPhone.

IMG_2411.jpeg
This is great!

How is the sound?

I have the impression that TWS attenuates the treble, but I am very concerned.

Oct 18, 2023 at 4:52 AM Post #236 of 277
This is great!

How is the sound?

I have the impression that TWS attenuates the treble, but I am very concerned.
It’s surprisingly really good! Much better than any other TWS I’ve heard and probably not far off what I’ve heard from Diva driven by a high end dongle like the Luxury & Precision W4.

Oct 18, 2023 at 5:14 AM Post #237 of 277
IMG_8928.jpg

got my hands on DIVA to try! i must say the vocals WOW,,!! i like listening to ballad songs with DIVA as the vocals sound airy and natural with DIVA.

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2023 at 10:11 PM Post #239 of 277
@Smirk 24 @AoiMomo Curious what cables you all ended up deciding on. I know you both have gone through a bunch of different ones and I'm still looking to find a good replacement for the stock one.

Oct 31, 2023 at 10:15 PM Post #240 of 277
Lee has branched out to tuning craft beer.

1698804920252.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back