Elysian Acoustics DIVA 2023
Nov 1, 2023 at 2:01 PM Post #243 of 276
Huge size or insertion? I would love to try this model but fit seems reserved to some people only. Thanks.
Also thinking on selling the Diva , it’s big but for me the nozzle is the problem.. to get a good seal I need 13mm 13.3mm eartip size and with big nozzle it hurts. Can’t use the diva for more than a hour…

Nov 1, 2023 at 6:31 PM Post #244 of 276
Huge size or insertion? I would love to try this model but fit seems reserved to some people only. Thanks.
Hello, the upper portion of the shell put pressure on my ears. Couldn’t wear them longer than 15 or 20 minutes. Tried many tips to see if I could position the IEM for less discomfort in that area but didn’t have success. I use large tips and my Mason 2 is very chunky so I didn’t ever anticipate fit as an issue. I’ve had Spartacus for about a month and thankfully discomfort isn’t an issue. Wonderful IEM as well. I perhaps could have gone the custom route but it didn’t occur to me until after I returned Diva. Hope this feedback was helpful. :)

Nov 1, 2023 at 6:39 PM Post #245 of 276
Thanks you @Badlands this is very helpful. I have great appreciation and curiosity for the Elysian brand
yet I had some terribles experiences with VE EXT and like some recognized community members expressed
after some time comfort take precedence over any other qualities.

Right now I'm exploring trumpet artists so I was looking for the most adequate tools to experience the richness of the instrument.

Elysian is out but your feedback with Noble is important info.
I've previously vetoed them thinking the shells was surely too uncomfortable.
Thanks to you, a door close, another open :wink:

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2023 at 8:30 PM Post #246 of 276
Is the diva vented?
Yes. It's does not feel as sealed in as a closed BA set like Andromeda, but it does not feel pressure-free like a vented DD (or something like 64 Audio IEMs) either.

These IEMs are very large. It's kinda comical, as if someone has used Doraemon's big light gadget, since it looks like a small IEM in photos, and it is shaped like a small IEM, but its size is like a potato.

Nov 1, 2023 at 8:52 PM Post #248 of 276
Had a good laugh visualizing someone inserting an in-ear 'potato'
How do you compare Mest MK3 to Diva? I though they were comparable in size.
I had less problem problem with MEST III, but I wouldn't consider either to be "super comfortable." The MEST III fit my ears better, as if it is custom, but it also has pressure build up and driver flex. The DIVA has too large nozzle that tends to lose seal after a while, unless I use a pair of sticky ear tips.

Personally, if I pay around 2k USD for an IEM, I would look at something from 64 Audio, just for the APEX vent and smaller size.

If I stick to the Elysian house, I much prefer the Gaea. It's smaller and better vented. Of course, you have to deal with a different sound signature that is much more aggressive than DIVA.

Nov 1, 2023 at 9:02 PM Post #249 of 276
After receiving advices from headfiers it seems impossible for me to ever access Elysian
between the size of shells/nozzle or my already bright DAP. From the last years we've seen
a kinda injustifiable price update while basic needs like comfort are still not covered.

Those tools receive a lot of use to justify the price and not being vented or building pressure on
organism seems like ill conceived shoes where foots would deform.

Maybe it's me but need big feature should be... comfort.

Tonight really seems like Noble is my last option and I need to test it before!

Thanks @o0genesis0o !

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2023 at 9:51 PM Post #250 of 276
I have been demoing Diva for a couple weeks now, and while it's large, it's not bigger than its big brother, Annihilator! Despite their sizes, I find both very comfortable for hours on end. YMMV and all that.

Nov 1, 2023 at 9:55 PM Post #251 of 276
I have been demoing Diva for a couple weeks now, and while it's large, it's not bigger than its big brother, Annihilator! Despite their sizes, I find both very comfortable for hours on end. YMMV and all that.
Pov: Send a picture of your ears next to a banana for reference :wink:

I'm on the medium side, EXT nozzle was the limit with 40mins max audition.

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2023 at 11:00 PM Post #252 of 276
Pov: Send a picture of your ears next to a banana for reference :wink:

I'm on the medium side, EXT nozzle was the limit with 40mins max audition.
Not ripe, but my ears aren't too huge! 😂😂😂
20231101_195828.jpg

Nov 1, 2023 at 11:55 PM Post #254 of 276
As far as shape goes, the Diva fits within my concha, but sticks out a bit since she's a BBW. With the stock Spinfit W1, the medium (12.5mm w, 9.9mm h) gets me a good seal. They're grippy and hold in place, but I can't use them for more than an hour due to pressure build-up.

Fortunately, I recently came across the Divinus Velvet tips (medium: 12.4mm w, 9mm h) and they're perfect for the Diva. I still get a good seal and there's no more pressure build-up. They've also fixed the pressure-buildup issues on a couple of other IEMs for me as well. I'm hoping to pick up some more if they go on sale during the 11.11 sale.

Nov 10, 2023 at 7:16 AM Post #255 of 276
Elysian Acoustics DIVA 2023 - Australian Tour Impressions

Thanks to @Damz87 and Elysian Acoustics for the Australian tour!

I was really looking forward to this one, I haven’t read any reviews as I prefer to go in blind where possible, but I had heard positive things. Let’s see how it went!

Packaging is great, a little reminiscent of the Sony IER-Z1R packaging, very nice and fitting for the price tag. It’s also a very beautiful looking IEM.

It has 6 x BA drivers, comes with the great Effect Audio Ares S cable, Spinfit tips, a decent case, cleaning tool, cleaning cloth and a mini screwdriver to change the bass setting.

Fit: This is where I struggled from the start, despite being vented I had continual pressure build up. I ran through lots of different tips but couldn’t find a happy medium with any silicone tips without having to take them out after about an hour. I did find I was OK with some foam tips I had however didn’t like the change to the sound signature with them so chose not to use them. Due to this my time with them wasn’t as long as I would have liked, I had ten sessions of about an hour each, so my impressions are not as fully formed as I would generally like.

Bass: You’ve got three options here, Red (no thanks), White (nice mid-level), Blue (boosted / fun). Not sure on the exact change, however I didn’t enjoy them on red – the bass was a little too low for me and didn’t seem to improve anything else. White was my preferred setting however Blue was nice for some tracks where a bass boost is preferable.

Overall the bass is very good, has nice texture and somewhat of a physical feel. I generally prefer a DD for bass, and this didn’t change that, however it’s extremely well done.

Mids: Ever so slightly warm leaning, vocals are nicely placed in the centre and sound fantastic across male and female, instruments are generally a little forward of the vocals and sound quite natural. No real complaints, and looking at my notes I don’t have any actual critiques, however I’ve heard a lot of the different IEM’s in the past few months and this isn’t anywhere near my favourite for mids.

Treble: Not bright, I’ve been listening to some darker sounding IEM’s and this certainly isn’t one either, just nicely in the middle. Not energetic nor relaxed. Overall very pleasant. Not much air, which can lead to a more wall of sound type presentation on some tracks.

Soundstage and Imaging: Soundstage doesn’t extend beyond the physical placement of the IEM’s, nor does it extend out in front of me. Everything is within my head. Imaging is OK, however due to the overall tuning of the IEM imaging is not it’s strong point.

Subjective: It’s a great IEM from a tuning point of view. It doesn’t do anything wrong, sounds very cohesive, and is overall fine to listen to (apart from the fit / pressure issue for me). For vocal focussed tracks its beautiful, listening to Norah Jones cover of Tom Waits ‘The Long Way Home’ and her voice is simply sublime, I melt into the track. But this track is otherwise sparse with the vocal being the focus, when the vocal isn’t the sole focus I simply didn’t enjoy it that much unless it was on the Blue (fun) setting but that’s not my preferred tuning for extended listening. Rather than making me want to listen to one more track, I was focussing on finding vocal tracks to throw at it. It never disappointed when it came to this but when I let Tidal play the next track I generally went straight back into the app to find another vocal track to play.

Overall: This will absolutely be a one and done IEM for many people. I can easily see how you’d love it and not want anything else. I loved vocals on it, not the best I’ve heard but for this price I think it would be, I just needed something more than vocals to grab me and while I kept hoping that would happen it never did for me. The bass switch is useful, and you get two great options (white/blue) in my opinion, so if you don’t already have different sets this would be extremely handy.

This opinion piece is coming across as conflicted because I am on this one, and I have to give it a recommendation as most people will enjoy it and find value for money with the caveat that I didn’t overly enjoy it other than for vocal focussed tracks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back