Elite TWag Replacement cable SALE - July only.....
Jul 10, 2010 at 4:29 PM Post #16 of 49
Sorry, I was using the Twag as shorthand for all three of the cables.  To clarify, why are the TWspc and the TWcu so much cheaper than the Twag?  It was my understanding that silver is not inherently any better than silver/copper or copper alone, simply that it has a different sound signature.  (Of course, many believe that cables make no difference whatsoever and that this is all snakeoil and psychoacoustic placebo, but I'm not talking about that.)

Quote:

Could you clarify as the TWag is the higher price of the three available cables.

TWag
$300, now $249!!!

TWspc
$225, now $199!!!

TWcu
$199, now $175!!!

Jul 10, 2010 at 5:57 PM Post #17 of 49
From Cyro-Parts website, a 4 wire braided sells for

TWcu - $24.50 per foot.

TWsp - 28.60 per foot

TWag - not listed since Craig is the exclusive distributor of this wire.  

Jul 11, 2010 at 7:24 PM Post #18 of 49
Its simple:

Just forget the sound result...

Copper
Copper/silver
Silver

The raw material cost is MUCH MUCH MUCH higher on silver. You blend the 2 together and thats the spc. Price has many factors:

1. cost of raw material
2. cost to manufacture
3. impact to the marketplace.

Add these together and thats the price. SOME might price copper too high and thats not my doing. Than take the TWag and SCSCag; 2 superior products and the impact to the marketplace. These 2 products alone should be double the price vs the results produced. I try to level the price according in order for many people to take advantage of these products...

TWcu which is copper, is really prices where the market should be. The sound result is much higher than the price, however the raw material is somewhat in line. I eat the differences in raw material cost when I run sales or price them close. 

Craig

Jul 12, 2010 at 12:52 AM Post #19 of 49
Thanks, Craig.  Exactly what I wanted to know.
smile_phones.gif

Jul 13, 2010 at 6:51 PM Post #22 of 49
And, the obscene amount of money I have spent getting these wires to where they are now, and when I say obscene, I mean it.  Add that to two or three years of my development costs, plus all that Craig mentioned below, and, the price is what it is. 

I know the price I sell the wire to Craig, and IMO, he is charging too little. Some of the stuff he makes is tricky, not trivial to accomplish, and hard to make repeatedly, while keeping a high standard of manufacture.  All of which Craig does.  Personally, I would charge much more than he is.  So, hurry and buy him out, before he gets wise and decides that he wants to actually make a living at this audio nonsense. 
smile.gif

Peace,

Lee

Quote:
Its simple:

Just forget the sound result...

Copper
Copper/silver
Silver

The raw material cost is MUCH MUCH MUCH higher on silver. You blend the 2 together and thats the spc. Price has many factors:

1. cost of raw material
2. cost to manufacture
3. impact to the marketplace.

Add these together and thats the price. SOME might price copper too high and thats not my doing. Than take the TWag and SCSCag; 2 superior products and the impact to the marketplace. These 2 products alone should be double the price vs the results produced. I try to level the price according in order for many people to take advantage of these products...

TWcu which is copper, is really prices where the market should be. The sound result is much higher than the price, however the raw material is somewhat in line. I eat the differences in raw material cost when I run sales or price them close. 

Craig

Jul 13, 2010 at 9:22 PM Post #24 of 49
Have you been getting my emails too craig?

Jul 14, 2010 at 2:21 AM Post #27 of 49
So the preorder for the new TWag iem cables is not on yet right?

Jul 14, 2010 at 3:48 AM Post #28 of 49

Quote:
They have been returned..and verified. Check your Spam folder....

Nothing in mine :frowning2: perhaps if you can fwd me the respoonses from your sent folder?

sorry to bug you, just want some TWag goodness :D

thanks mate

Jul 14, 2010 at 3:44 PM Post #30 of 49
hi craig,

nothing received here either.  it isn't in my spam folder (it shouldn't be anyway, as you're in my contact list)

paypal was sent on 7/2 and a follow up email on 7/9

could you re-check and let me know?

basically, it was payment for a 48" TWag cable and protector adapter, but would like it without the heatshrink (i'd already been in discussion with you regarding modifying the heatshrink, if you remember)

thanks, dude!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back