Elite TWag iPod Stand
Aug 11, 2010 at 1:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

SACD-Man

Formerly With Whiplash Audio
This project has been in progress for over 2 years. After 8 failed attempts and $$$ of wood, the birth of the new Elite TWag iPod Stand!!!!

Details
*The first Audiophile iPod stand that folds for easy travel. 
*Wood options; Teak (the wood used in these photos), Bubinga, or Oak.
*TWag UPOCC HIGH strain count that is cryo'd. Its very flexible and one of the most well rounded, full body and engaging wires made. 
You can find more details on CryoParts website http://www.cryo-parts.com/cryoparts_twag.html
*1 meter is standard. Any length can be ordered and any connector can be terminated. Balanced XLRs, 3.5mm Viablue or Oyaide are other options.
*This is WhipMOD compatible!!!!! The stand can be made with Black Gate Caps!!! Man, what a combination.
*Compatible with the WhipMOD, all iPods including all iPhones and iTouch. 

More Photos...

The design circle is made from Oak

Flexible and likes to travel!!

Orders can be placed now. It takes 2 weeks to build. 

Price:
Standard 1 meter - $250. Please add $25 for every 6" of cable.
Balanced XLRs 3pin or 4pin please add $50. 
Oyaide connectors add $25

WIth Black Gate Caps please add $40. 

For ordering or questions, please post your comments or csanborn@whiplashaudio.com

Craig

Aug 11, 2010 at 6:52 AM Post #2 of 8
Whip me, Craig :)

Email sent with ordering specs. I'd prefer scrapwood but I take Bubinga, 'cause I like to say the name again and again and again....

Exquisite woodwork BTW. What's next, a Wadia-like transport Cryo'd?

Aug 18, 2010 at 7:36 PM Post #5 of 8

Quote:
This project has been in progress for over 2 years. After 8 failed attempts and $$$ of wood, the birth of the new Elite TWag iPod Stand!!!!

Details
*The first Audiophile iPod stand that folds for easy travel. 
*Wood options; Teak (the wood used in these photos), Bubinga, or Oak.
*TWag UPOCC HIGH strain count that is cryo'd. Its very flexible and one of the most well rounded, full body and engaging wires made. 
You can find more details on CryoParts website http://www.cryo-parts.com/cryoparts_twag.html
*1 meter is standard. Any length can be ordered and any connector can be terminated. Balanced XLRs, 3.5mm Viablue or Oyaide are other options.
*This is WhipMOD compatible!!!!! The stand can be made with Black Gate Caps!!! Man, what a combination.
*Compatible with the WhipMOD, all iPods including all iPhones and iTouch. 

More Photos...

The design circle is made from Oak

Flexible and likes to travel!!

Orders can be placed now. It takes 2 weeks to build. 

Price:
Standard 1 meter - $250. Please add $25 for every 6" of cable.
Balanced XLRs 3pin or 4pin please add $50. 
Oyaide connectors add $25

WIth Black Gate Caps please add $40. 

For ordering or questions, please post your comments or csanborn@whiplashaudio.com

Craig

Craig,

If you used XLR out, are truly getting a balance out or is it still basically single ended since it is only the regular out from the ipod?

Aug 19, 2010 at 4:44 AM Post #7 of 8
From the Headroon BUDA description:

Quote:
 The HeadRoom BUDA has both balanced and single-ended analog inputs on the rear panel. The single-ended inputs go through an internal "phase-splitter" to create the inverted signal ready for balanced drive XLR output.

I think that you guys are talking about two different things. Balanced output connectors (which could be useful, for example, to feed an Auditor or Phonitor) is not the same as an "inverted signal ready for balanced drive XLR output".

Aug 19, 2010 at 7:09 AM Post #8 of 8

From the Headroon BUDA description:

I think that you guys are talking about two different things. Balanced output connectors (which could be useful, for example, to feed an Auditor or Phonitor) is not the same as an "inverted signal ready for balanced drive XLR output".

Oh true...

Balance in the connector since.

-)
Craig

Users who are viewing this thread

Back