Eliminating cord-noise from ER-4P
Nov 26, 2003 at 10:11 AM Post #16 of 26
putting it under the shirt is a bit too much of a pain in the ***** for me.

and it also doesn't prevent microphonics caused by the wind.
actually, nothing prevents it except putting the ety's around your ears.
of coarse i'm talking about the previous cord version.

Nov 26, 2003 at 10:26 AM Post #18 of 26
cynicism?

Nov 26, 2003 at 10:48 AM Post #19 of 26
No ! Sorry if you got that impression. I am pretty comfy with the t-shirt workaround. But as you say, wind is indeed an issue. I just didn't think far enough. (I know, "think before you speak").

What bothered me more is the comfort issue as blessingx has pointed out. And, of course, that I wasn't 250$$ amazed when I first heard them. I wasn't stunned or anything. I bought my Etys solely because they got such high praise at this place (and headwize).

Now I would never ever give them away anymore. I learned that listening takes time and dedication.

I am more of a forum reader than a poster. I guess I am not familiar with the "postiquette."
I am annoyed with useless or redundant posts and don't want to fall into this category.

Nov 26, 2003 at 10:59 AM Post #20 of 26
ok, all is clear
smily_headphones1.gif

well i admit i tend to be a bit paranoid sometimes.. non of your fault, friend.
enjoy your ety's!

Nov 10, 2004 at 6:02 AM Post #22 of 26
Edit: Posted to wrong thread...

Nov 10, 2004 at 12:46 PM Post #23 of 26
will bring it up once more here as I have found arelatively easy fix where the cables are not unnecessarily strained or pulled.
WHat you have to do is insert the ety's in normally.
Now run the cables behind the ears and bring both to the front near the throat. essentially what you have to do is use one of the zip ties/strip locks/zip locks, to join the 2 cables so that there is just enough gap to move it up and down.
THis way once you have inserted the ety's in follow the cable looping procedure and then just bring the tie lock up so that it sits under the neck, no movement, no microphonics no **** like that.
My trips in the bus are getting better and better. I can't even feel the vibrations throught the wires now.
Pretty easy to do and works easily.

Nov 10, 2004 at 1:40 PM Post #25 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Natsuiro
Kunwar, I just tried what you said, and it works great. Thx alot for sharing this info!

No problems mate, that's why we are here.
I have found this an ideal and would recommend without hesitation to anyone.
the best part is they don't stick out looking ugly or odd and attract more attention with people actually wanting to know what they are.
have fun and death to microphonics

Nov 10, 2004 at 8:06 PM Post #26 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by blessingx
I have the new 4P's. Either the problems has been mostly fixed or the microphonics problem is greatly exaggerated. I suspect the former. The Etys comfort issue though isn't talked about as much as maybe it should (comparison to Grados, which the Etys take more to get use to). I'd be more concerned with that. Otherwise really nice phones.

I got a cable replacement a few weeks ago and it's quite a bit less microphonic than the old cable I used to have. Big improvement and I've had mine for over 2 years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back