Eletech Cables Official Impressions & Discussions Thread
Mar 15, 2024 at 1:01 PM Post #5,431 of 5,576
Along with the Calvary Companion Case sent by @Eric Chong, was another surprise: the Romeo prototype, paired with Sonnet of Adam. In a very elegant “quiet luxury” case. :)

Look forward to giving the Romeo a listen this weekend with different sources.

IMG_3670.jpegIMG_3672.jpeg
I'm so curious about your listening impressions with Romeo (connected to P6Pro Ti99 ?), @Kiats
-
Take care.

Mar 15, 2024 at 3:26 PM Post #5,432 of 5,576
Nice photo of the Calvary Companion Case with the similar leather cover of the Luxury & Precision P6Pro Ti. And of course, the Romeo prototype. :)

I think @Eric Chong and Riccardo have hit it out of the park with the Romeo. I now understand why there were such great memories of it from CJ NYC. it is one of the most balanced yet musical IEM I have heard for a while. Excellent sense of space and sparkle. I also enjoy the resonance from the bass when listening to ACG. It is just so easy to enjoy. Effortless musicality! :)

IMG_3677.jpeg
Kiats,

THANK YOU!
Love the photos, and really enjoyed your impressions of “Romeo”.
Makes me wish I could have made arrangements to be at Can Jam NYC.
Can’t wait for my chance to listen to Romeo, Juliet as well as Prototypes “A” and “E”.
Envy those who have had a chance to do so already!
And thanks for the photos of the Calvary Companion Case. This time I was able to get an order in and look forward to receiving mine also!
Cheers!

Mar 16, 2024 at 11:19 AM Post #5,433 of 5,576
I'm so curious about your listening impressions with Romeo (connected to P6Pro Ti99 ?), @Kiats
-
Take care.
Apologies. I missed your post. It is excellent with the Ti, if you are concerned about synergy. The Ti allows the Romeo to show off all its strengths while providing that note weight and beautiful black background. :)

Mar 16, 2024 at 11:22 AM Post #5,434 of 5,576
Kiats,

THANK YOU!
Love the photos, and really enjoyed your impressions of “Romeo”.
Makes me wish I could have made arrangements to be at Can Jam NYC.
Can’t wait for my chance to listen to Romeo, Juliet as well as Prototypes “A” and “E”.
Envy those who have had a chance to do so already!
And thanks for the photos of the Calvary Companion Case. This time I was able to get an order in and look forward to receiving mine also!
Cheers!
Congrats! It is indeed a lovely case! So classy! Kudos to @Eric Chong and team on another leather masterpeice. 🤗

As for the Romeo, very seldom am I so impressed by a universal, being a FitEar customs adherent. :)

Mar 17, 2024 at 1:18 AM Post #5,435 of 5,576
I have been running through a few DAPs to get a sense on the synergy of the Romeo with some of those I have. I had already run it through the wonderfully nimble Luxury & Precision P6Pro Ti.

I next ran it with the Luxury & Precision flagship LP6 Ti 7th Anniversary. The difference between the P6Pros and the LP6s, for those who are not as familiar with the wonderful (but sometimes character building, because of its focus purely on SQ) world of Luxury & Precision is that the P6Pros are more nimble and dynamic whilst the LP6s tend to have a grander and perhaps more serious presentation of the music. I am happy to say that the Romeo is enough of a chameleon to scale up with the LP6 Ti 7AE to paint that the grand scale that Andrea Bocelli’s operatic style brings to the table. Very satisfying listening to the Romanza album. :)

Another heavyweight, the Sony flagship 1ZM2, was up next. I am glad that the 1ZM2 is much more appreciated than when it was first introduced. There were the naysayers who criticized the “old” SOC, the output on paper and the bigger footprint (compared to the OG 1Z). 2 years on, it is now lauded for what it brings to the table: the Sony sound, which is unapologetically on the warmer side of neutral, and exemplifying how solid state can give tube based sound a run for its money. Whilst having impressive evocative mids and sparkly treble extension and big soundstage. As I was listening with the Romeo, it did take my breath away how sparkling and sweet the sound was. Not to mention how well it handled the bass impact that the 1ZM2 is well know for. Yes, I think during this short listen through the AI selected playlist on QQ Music it was evident that the Romeo adapted well to the 1ZM2 sonic signature.

Finally, the iBasso DX320 Edition X (with balanced nutube AMP14 card). What I do love about the DX320 with AMP14 card is the timbre and natural tonality the amp card brings to the DX320. The other notable characteristic it brings is a more 3D image with a nice big soundstage. The Romeo does very well to convey the aforementioned characteristics of the DX320/AMP14. There is even a subtle resonance in the timbre that the nutubes add to the sonic portrayal. And of course the bass rumble can be felt with the Romeo. Very pleasing listen for sure.

I think the Romeo does show itself to be a bit of a chameleon. Not only is it balanced and musical, it adapts well to various sound signatures. As my experience with the various DAPs has shown. I do look forward to when @Eric Chong and Riccardo finalize the Romeo for release. I have no doubt it will be a great success. :)

IMG_3707.jpeg

IMG_3708.jpeg
IMG_3709.jpeg

Mar 17, 2024 at 1:30 AM Post #5,436 of 5,576
I have been running through a few DAPs to get a sense on the synergy of the Romeo with some of those I have. I had already run it through the wonderfully nimble Luxury & Precision P6Pro Ti.

I next ran it with the Luxury & Precision flagship LP6 Ti 7th Anniversary. The difference between the P6Pros and the LP6s, for those who are not as familiar with the wonderful (but sometimes character building, because of its focus purely on SQ) world of Luxury & Precision is that the P6Pros are more nimble and dynamic whilst the LP6s tend to have a grander and perhaps more serious presentation of the music. I am happy to say that the Romeo is enough of a chameleon to scale up with the LP6 Ti 7AE to paint that the grand scale that Andrea Bocelli’s operatic style brings to the table. Very satisfying listening to the Romanza album. :)

Another heavyweight, the Sony flagship 1ZM2, was up next. I am glad that the 1ZM2 is much more appreciated than when it was first introduced. There were the naysayers who criticized the “old” SOC, the output on paper and the bigger footprint (compared to the OG 1Z). 2 years on, it is now lauded for what it brings to the table: the Sony sound, which is unapologetically on the warmer side of neutral, and exemplifying how solid state can give tube based sound a run for its money. Whilst having impressive evocative mids and sparkly treble extension and big soundstage. As I was listening with the Romeo, it did take my breath away how sparkling and sweet the sound was. Not to mention how well it handled the bass impact that the 1ZM2 is well know for. Yes, I think during this short listen through the AI selected playlist on QQ Music it was evident that the Romeo adapted well to the 1ZM2 sonic signature.

Finally, the iBasso DX320 Edition X (with balanced nutube AMP14 card). What I do love about the DX320 with AMP14 card is the timbre and natural tonality the amp card brings to the DX320. The other notable characteristic it brings is a more 3D image with a nice big soundstage. The Romeo does very well to convey the aforementioned characteristics of the DX320/AMP14. There is even a subtle resonance in the timbre that the nutubes add to the sonic portrayal. And of course the bass rumble can be felt with the Romeo. Very pleasing listen for sure.

I think the Romeo does show itself to be a bit of a chameleon. Not only is it balanced and musical, it adapts well to various sound signatures. As my experience with the various DAPs has shown. I do look forward to when @Eric Chong and Riccardo finalize the Romeo for release. I have no doubt it will be a great success. :)

IMG_3707.jpeg

IMG_3708.jpegIMG_3709.jpeg
Oh yes! I should add that the reason I took so long to listen to the Romeo off the LP6 Ti 7AE, Sony 1ZM2 and iBasso DX320X was because I spent most of Saturday glued to the Romeo and the Shanling M9+. 🙊

What can I say? I do love the glorious warm and analogue sound of the M9+. The Romeo sounded so good off the M9+! It was just so addictive! So, it was great synergy. Irrepressible combination. :)

Mar 17, 2024 at 5:17 AM Post #5,437 of 5,576
Spending the late Sunday afternoon with one of my favourite FitEar customs, the discontinued C435, paired with the sumptuous Raphael. Playing out of the LP6 Ti 7Anniversary (that has received the pentiometer upgrade for better control). And of course the Cavalry Companion Case.

I picked up the FitEar C435 in August 2013. Back then, it took all of two weeks for the finished product to reach me. The C435 is known for its pristine and extended trebles and big soundstage, delicate yet slightly sweet mids. Hence, the pairing with the Raphael does give it a nice romantic tinge. :)

IMG_3711.jpeg

Mar 17, 2024 at 9:16 PM Post #5,439 of 5,576
Since pairing my CFA Bonnevilles with the Pentaconn Corier tips and Eletech Victoria, I feel I have caught the synergy. The warm analog sound of the Victoria with the clarity of the Corier tips are a great match…
That said, I should have a Cayin N7 in a couple days, for the second time, to replace my RU7 and I expect this to be a keeper chain for some time..

IMG_7596.jpeg

I may yet try the Raphael and still have my Baroque tips on the way so maybe some changes yet but this is sounding so good.

Mar 18, 2024 at 4:06 AM Post #5,440 of 5,576
I have 2 Socrate cables.. And i want ask how I can obtain the versa Upgrade on these two Eletech cables
Hello there!

Please send me a mail at eric@elementechnology.com. I'll assist you over there :)
Since pairing my CFA Bonnevilles with the Pentaconn Corier tips and Eletech Victoria, I feel I have caught the synergy. The warm analog sound of the Victoria with the clarity of the Corier tips are a great match…
That said, I should have a Cayin N7 in a couple days, for the second time, to replace my RU7 and I expect this to be a keeper chain for some time..

IMG_7596.jpeg

I may yet try the Raphael and still have my Baroque tips on the way so maybe some changes yet but this is sounding so good.
ooo! Let me know how the Baroque goes :)

Eletech Cables Stay updated on Eletech Cables at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/eletechsg https://twitter.com/EletechJP https://instagram.com/eletechsg/ https://elementechnology.com/ eric@elementechnology.com
Mar 19, 2024 at 9:54 AM Post #5,441 of 5,576
One of the pairings with the Enigma cable I have wanted to try out is with the SoftEar Turii. One of the strengths (and weaknesses) of the OG Turii has always been its great bass and sub bass. It is so fun and addictive and yet can sometimes get irrationally exuberant. Whilst I do love my Turii Ti, with its treble extension and great soundstage, I do miss the bass quantity of the OG Turii.

Anyway, I am pleased that I got around to pairing the two. The Turii’s bass is more controlled and more taut thereby giving the mids and trebles of the Turii to have some breathing space. It is a very nice change indeed! :)

IMG_3751.jpeg

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2024 at 12:59 PM Post #5,445 of 5,576
Hi. Just listened Ode de Laura, in i think it is too much overpriced. Did not like it, what is wrong?

You didn't like because it is outside your budget or because it didn't pair up well with your iems? Maybe you had different expectations?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back