Eletech Cables Official Impressions & Discussions Thread
Nov 7, 2023 at 10:42 AM Post #5,161 of 5,745
Late on a Tuesday evening. Can’t really stop listening to the Luxury & Precision P6Pro Ti. It is just so addictive!

Decided to switch out to FitEar Titan paired with the Eletech Sonnet of Adam. Gorgeous pairing. :)

IMG_0583.jpeg

Nov 7, 2023 at 3:30 PM Post #5,162 of 5,745
I (we) need some buttery ET leather IEM baggies @Eric Chong 🤭 and hint hint an ET Cayin N30LE custom leather case 😉

IMG_0297.JPG

Nov 8, 2023 at 1:59 AM Post #5,163 of 5,745
I was just telling @Eric Chong that the Iliad is the absolute break out cable for Eletech. Next to the Plato, the Iliad is the most pristine sounding and efficient cable they have made. But with character and personality. Even though the hardware seems pretty understated compared to its younger siblings.

Paired here with the mighty FitEar DC, which is also underrated in the FitEar DD range. I still find it is the most organic and natural of them all. But it appreciates power and a great cable. And we have with the Iliad and, of course, the Luxury & Precision P6Pro Ti (the edition of 99 is all sold out, in Asia on day one of its release).

Blissful way to spend a Wednesday afternoon of cloudy skies near the Equator… :)

IMG_0594.jpeg

Nov 8, 2023 at 4:11 AM Post #5,164 of 5,745
I (we) need some buttery ET leather IEM baggies @Eric Chong 🤭 and hint hint an ET Cayin N30LE custom leather case 😉

IMG_0297.JPG

Actually, I wouldn't mind seeing those done up in suede. :relaxed: I'm totally okay with them taking on a patina over time, and even getting destroyed eventually. But I think soft suede IEM scrotums would result in fewer micro scratches, and protect my sonic jewels well.

I was just telling @Eric Chong that the Iliad is the absolute break out cable for Eletech. Next to the Plato, the Iliad is the most pristine sounding and efficient cable they have made. But with character and personality. Even though the hardware seems pretty understated compared to its younger siblings.

IMG_0594.jpeg

Yeah, I think I'd agree with that. Along with EA's Leonidas II (which @Eric Chong also turned me on to), the Iliad is very consistent in character. It's clean, linear, and detailed without being clinical at all. I'm a little sad to see it disappear from the line-up... though I can't help but notice there's a gaping hole in the Parnassus series, right where a silver offering would be. Hopefully that gets filled in soon. :relaxed:

Nov 8, 2023 at 4:14 AM Post #5,165 of 5,745
But I think soft suede IEM scrotums would result in fewer micro scratches, and protect my sonic jewels well.

'soft suede IEM scrotums would result in few micro scratches, and protect my sonic jewels well'

*ded*

😭

(yes I would like a couple of these as well)

Nov 8, 2023 at 4:17 AM Post #5,166 of 5,745
Sorry for being MIA guys, i've just returned from an overseas meet and will resume office tomorrow and get back to all the PMs and mails.

IMG_0297.JPG
Oho, these leather pouches eh? Indeed, i think it could make for a good offering. Let me see what i can cook up with heheh. We dont really do DAP cases though, because by the time we got in the samples and start to procure, design and manufacture, the next new model would be on the market =/

Paired here with the mighty FitEar DC, which is also underrated in the FitEar DD range. I still find it is the most organic and natural of them all. But it appreciates power and a great cable. And we have with the Iliad and, of course, the Luxury & Precision P6Pro Ti (the edition of 99 is all sold out, in Asia on day one of its release).

Blissful way to spend a Wednesday afternoon of cloudy skies near the Equator… :)

IMG_0594.jpeg
Heheh! Perhaps we have something in sleeve for next year's 5th anniversary :p

Eletech Cables Stay updated on Eletech Cables at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/eletechsg https://twitter.com/EletechJP https://instagram.com/eletechsg/ https://elementechnology.com/ eric@elementechnology.com
Nov 8, 2023 at 10:12 AM Post #5,167 of 5,745
Morning Aeneid sesh

IMG_0301.jpeg

Nov 8, 2023 at 10:16 AM Post #5,168 of 5,745
Eletech Cables Stay updated on Eletech Cables at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/eletechsg https://twitter.com/EletechJP https://instagram.com/eletechsg/ https://elementechnology.com/ eric@elementechnology.com
Nov 8, 2023 at 10:18 AM Post #5,169 of 5,745
I like how perfectly color synced this setup is :)

Have an amazing day ahead!

Ja, nothing like ET gold, classic! :heart_eyes:

Thank you and have an amazing day and week my friend!

Nov 8, 2023 at 10:25 AM Post #5,170 of 5,745
Perfect match 🥰😎👌👍

Nov 8, 2023 at 7:36 PM Post #5,171 of 5,745
I have been using the Baroque ear tips with my small collection of Softears Turii, Turii Ti and Final B series IEMs as well as the Final A8000 and the SK.

I have always had issues with the Turii pair because I find that the best ear tips thus far have been the slightly elongated ones but what it does mean is I often wonder if there is a change in sound signature because now the nozzle is further from the ears. But with the Baroque ear tips, and because it will fit and fill up my ear canal with no issues, I am much closer to the music. Joy there.

On the other hand, the stock ear tips for the Final IEMs while they have that desirable bulb shape, the issue I have always had is a matter of comfort: they do tend to be a bit stiff and may I say a bit rough. I reckon the latter is cos it will give better grip since the shape makes them also a bit short. But with the Baroque, you do have that nice bulb shape while it is soft enough that it will fit in the shape of my ear canal with no issue while springing back to give isolation. And of course, no ear burn here at all because of its velvety finish.

So, all in all, I foresee my neglected UIEMs will get more ear time after this. Only question now is whether i rotate the two pairs I have or do I now try to get more pairs so I have ease of use. OK OK… I am just lazy. 🤭

Nov 9, 2023 at 7:57 PM Post #5,172 of 5,745
Oh M Gee I just finished reading all 346 pages worth of posts here. I have got to say I enjoyed reading every single post from everyone here, especially @Eric Chong with how friendly and approachable he is. I just love the camaraderie amongst everyone here! :)

I'm kind of an audio noob but also kind of went down the rabbit hole a bit. It's kind of hard for me to describe sonically what I prefer, so I was wondering if I can ask you nice fellows here for some recommendations for my first Eletech cable purchase (I am secretly annoyed at not finding this thread much earlier so I can buy some of the leather goods). I currently have the Thieaudio Monarch Mk3 and it's paired with Cayin N7. I was wondering which of ET's cables do you recommend? I'm kind of enamored by the Illiad, Aenied, P8 Plato X Socrates (if I can find these). Not that price is of no object, but if ignoring price which one of ET's cables do you all recommend?

Nov 10, 2023 at 12:39 AM Post #5,173 of 5,745
If you are searching for :

- no coloration
- high precision
- lighting fast presentation

Plato is the best choice.

But :

- beware of the high frequencies
- not a hint of romanticism, only "truth", or sort of ... 😜

My 2 cts pal (and welcome to the rabbit hole 🐰) 👍

Nov 10, 2023 at 12:47 AM Post #5,174 of 5,745
Oh M Gee I just finished reading all 346 pages worth of posts here. I have got to say I enjoyed reading every single post from everyone here, especially @Eric Chong with how friendly and approachable he is. I just love the camaraderie amongst everyone here! :)

I'm kind of an audio noob but also kind of went down the rabbit hole a bit. It's kind of hard for me to describe sonically what I prefer, so I was wondering if I can ask you nice fellows here for some recommendations for my first Eletech cable purchase (I am secretly annoyed at not finding this thread much earlier so I can buy some of the leather goods). I currently have the Thieaudio Monarch Mk3 and it's paired with Cayin N7. I was wondering which of ET's cables do you recommend? I'm kind of enamored by the Illiad, Aenied, P8 Plato X Socrates (if I can find these). Not that price is of no object, but if ignoring price which one of ET's cables do you all recommend?

Eletech Raphael is a great start IMHO. Knowing Thieaudio MK2's sound, if MK3 is similar to MK2, Raphael should enhance the midrange presence as well as midbass to make the Monarch a little less thin and have a richer/organic mids. Soundstage width is also slightly improved with Raphael

Nov 10, 2023 at 12:59 AM Post #5,175 of 5,745

What are your trying to improve or achieve with MMK3 + N7?

N7 has a natural analog like tonality, large soundstage and textural bass impact that Cayin DAPs are known for.

If you're looking for a great starting all-rounder, I'd recommend Raphael - bass impact is exceptional, richer and organic. Mids are slightly forward for extended treble bring clarity and layering. I also perceive larger soundstage. Raphael does wonders for IEMs like EXT and Indigo. I also enjoy pairing with my FiR Radon 6 for rich mids and bass.

TBH the revamped Virtue Series are exceptional performance for price. Raphael is the standout for me more so than Socrates. For warmth, Azrael and clarity + warmth, Cassiel.

Going up, Illiad would be my next recommendation - it's silver that has qualities of copper.

Hope this helps and welcome!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back