Eletech Cables Official Impressions & Discussions Thread
Jul 11, 2021 at 1:57 AM Post #2,011 of 5,559
35DF3FE9-3F95-411A-BA01-F697722A5732.jpeg

Speaking of the Socrates, lovely listening with the FitEar Air2 and the Luxury & Precision P6 Pro on a stormy Sunday afternoon…

Jul 11, 2021 at 2:24 AM Post #2,012 of 5,559
Congrats on owning the Socrates! :) Enjoy the Socrates and let me know what you think of it :) We may have something exciting for you in Sept depending on how you feel on the Socrates :D
I havent even recieved my Socrates yet, and you're already tempting me Eric! :sweat_smile:

That case was just too good to past up as well. I'm sure I'll love the Socrates like I've done with Fortitude and Prudence. The buyers for my MEST and DMagic loved the pairings.

In my opinion, Plato is not only the best cable of Eletech’s I have tried (I have Socrates and Iliad - both also great - as well as many, many other manufacturers’ cables too) but it’s also my favourite cable period. There’s a ‘special sauce’ element to the Plato that no other cable can match and it pairs beautifully with a wide range of IEMs. I particularly love the Plato/Legend X synergy which is next level IMO. You really can’t go wrong with the Plato so, if you can afford it, I’d say you should jump right in.
For me,its mostly the fear of the oxidation because its not Litz. Otherwise I'd probably have one already

Jul 11, 2021 at 8:52 AM Post #2,013 of 5,559
Relaxing Sunday evening listening with some old dance classics. Socrates/Plato pigtails. FitEar Air2. Luxury & Precision LP6. Excellent synergy!

DAD7B49A-D22E-4287-88B3-E87A41DF3724.jpeg

Jul 12, 2021 at 12:16 AM Post #2,014 of 5,559
I'll be taking the 2nd vaccine jab today, should be feeling woozy the next few days. Will come back to pick the Socrates Giveaway winner by end of week! :)

-Eric

Eletech Cables Stay updated on Eletech Cables at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/eletechsg https://twitter.com/EletechJP https://instagram.com/eletechsg/ https://elementechnology.com/ eric@elementechnology.com
Jul 12, 2021 at 5:42 AM Post #2,016 of 5,559
I'll be taking the 2nd vaccine jab today, should be feeling woozy the next few days. Will come back to pick the Socrates Giveaway winner by end of week! :)

-Eric
Good luck with the jab, Eric. Hope it doesn't make you feel too awful.

Jul 12, 2021 at 6:39 AM Post #2,017 of 5,559
I havent even recieved my Socrates yet, and you're already tempting me Eric! :sweat_smile:

That case was just too good to past up as well. I'm sure I'll love the Socrates like I've done with Fortitude and Prudence. The buyers for my MEST and DMagic loved the pairings.

For me,its mostly the fear of the oxidation because its not Litz. Otherwise I'd probably have one already

Mine’s a year old and it still looks new, no oxidisation so far.

Attachments

• A5DF2F9A-A972-40DE-B682-FC99DEE40C6D.jpeg
    A5DF2F9A-A972-40DE-B682-FC99DEE40C6D.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Jul 12, 2021 at 7:42 AM Post #2,018 of 5,559
Same for me. Still serving me well with the Z1R. In fact it’s about 1 1/2 years. When I reached out to @Eric Chong at the start of the Covid madness and i had more time to listen at home to my Z1R. Eric will tell you I am terrible that way: I was sure that the Plato would do what I needed to bring some discipline to the DDs in the Z1R. Heheh! Still going strong and still looks pristine.

Jul 12, 2021 at 7:51 AM Post #2,019 of 5,559
there you go:

20D02246-96BF-432A-BC6F-738E98FEDBA2.jpeg

Jul 12, 2021 at 11:11 AM Post #2,020 of 5,559

Same for me. Still serving me well with the Z1R. In fact it’s about 1 1/2 years. When I reached out to @Eric Chong at the start of the Covid madness and i had more time to listen at home to my Z1R. Eric will tell you I am terrible that way: I was sure that the Plato would do what I needed to bring some discipline to the DDs in the Z1R. Heheh! Still going strong and still looks pristine.
I've probably worrying way too much anyhow. It's more that I currently don't have an iem to put Plato on atm.

Jul 12, 2021 at 11:22 AM Post #2,021 of 5,559
I've probably worrying way too much anyhow. It's more that I currently don't have an iem to put Plato on atm.
The cable manufacturers have sort of surpassed the IEM manufacturers for me at the moment - I’d like to own so many cables but I’ve just run out of things to pair them with

Jul 12, 2021 at 12:03 PM Post #2,022 of 5,559
The cable manufacturers have sort of surpassed the IEM manufacturers for me at the moment - I’d like to own so many cables but I’ve just run out of things to pair them with
I've had pretty bad QC failures with the EA stuff back in the day (no fault of Eric's) . But PW and Eletech have been incredible standouts.

Gotta love the Eletech aesthetic as well.

Jul 12, 2021 at 12:30 PM Post #2,023 of 5,559
I've had pretty bad QC failures with the EA stuff back in the day (no fault of Eric's) . But PW and Eletech have been incredible standouts.

Gotta love the Eletech aesthetic as well.
I’ve heard some pretty bad QC stories about the Code51, and I really didn’t enjoy their latest Horus lineup. I’m optimistic about the centurion but not at 4000$ haha

My metropolis should be here any day speaking of which. I don’t love how standardized PW cables are, but I do agree there’s something fundamentally attractive about their newer offerings

And ET… ET is just king hehe

Jul 13, 2021 at 12:17 AM Post #2,025 of 5,559

-Eric
Didn't you already pick me? Geez... :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back