Eletech Cables Official Impressions & Discussions Thread
Jul 9, 2021 at 10:01 PM Post #1,996 of 5,610
May I please ask for some opinions (@Eric too) whether a Socrates Eletech pigtail would synergise well with my Leo II Octa (main genres of music I listen to is hard rock/metal like Within Temptation, Alter Bridge, Korn), currently paired to my Erlk. I have an Iliad pigtail but I’m looking for other synergy options. Thank you in advance!

Jul 9, 2021 at 10:18 PM Post #1,997 of 5,610
May I please ask for some opinions (@Eric too) whether a Socrates Eletech pigtail would synergise well with my Leo II Octa (main genres of music I listen to is hard rock/metal like Within Temptation, Alter Bridge, Korn), currently paired to my Erlk. I have an Iliad pigtail but I’m looking for other synergy options. Thank you in advance!
PM Eric with all the details, He'll respond with an equal letter addressing everything and more.

@Kiats does Eletech make Cantopop even better? I swear it's always cantopop on your dap screen.

@Eric Chong what else do you have planned to push me up to Plato now that I've ascended to the next series of the portfolio

Jul 9, 2021 at 10:22 PM Post #1,998 of 5,610
Wonderful power combo: Luxury & Precision LP6, FitEar DC and to make it all complete, the Iliad. Sonic bliss :L3000:

0C80C272-093A-4C96-9C0F-EF6C24B77BA9.jpeg

Jul 10, 2021 at 1:32 AM Post #1,999 of 5,610
Wonderful power combo: Luxury & Precision LP6, FitEar DC and to make it all complete, the Iliad. Sonic bliss :L3000:

0C80C272-093A-4C96-9C0F-EF6C24B77BA9.jpeg
Just imagine that you let Eric and his boys try P6 Pro and LP6.

444C288C-E119-4612-88AF-3D8BE30D9CFA.gif

Jul 10, 2021 at 1:57 AM Post #2,000 of 5,610
PM Eric with all the details, He'll respond with an equal letter addressing everything and more.

@Kiats does Eletech make Cantopop even better? I swear it's always cantopop on your dap screen.

@Eric Chong what else do you have planned to push me up to Plato now that I've ascended to the next series of the portfolio
Thanks, I did think of that but wanted to hear others’ views too. I thought posting here may be more convenient anyway…

Jul 10, 2021 at 2:56 AM Post #2,001 of 5,610

Hahah! Well, I do listen to a fair of vocals. In fact mostly. Even when it comes to non-Chinese music, I listen to Stacey Kent, Diana Krall, Steve Tyrell, Michael Buble. You get the general idea.

I do think that, generally speaking, Eric is partial to vocals as well. Hence, there is a magical quality to vocals on the cables that Eric comes out with. There is a hint of color like you would get with the Iliad or the Aeneid. But even with the Fortitude 8 that I just received, there is a fullness of the vocals which is so important. So, yes, for the music I am partial to, there is much to be said for the magical quality, extra sparkle, that Eletech cables do bring to the table. What I particularly like about the Eletech cables are even with the copper cables like the Socrates and the Fortitude 8, there isn’t that dreaded veil to the music. Most cable makers tend to treat copper as a poor cousin. Because they would rather sell you the much more silver stuff.

For Cantopop/Mandopop, I love the way the cables are able to convey the emotions and nuances behind the vocals.

Maybe it’s just me. But that’s how I feel about what @Eric Chong and team bring to the table.

Jul 10, 2021 at 3:12 AM Post #2,002 of 5,610
Hahah! Well, I do listen to a fair of vocals. In fact mostly. Even when it comes to non-Chinese music, I listen to Stacey Kent, Diana Krall, Steve Tyrell, Michael Buble. You get the general idea.

I do think that, generally speaking, Eric is partial to vocals as well. Hence, there is a magical quality to vocals on the cables that Eric comes out with. There is a hint of color like you would get with the Iliad or the Aeneid. But even with the Fortitude 8 that I just received, there is a fullness of the vocals which is so important. So, yes, for the music I am partial to, there is much to be said for the magical quality, extra sparkle, that Eletech cables do bring to the table. What I particularly like about the Eletech cables are even with the copper cables like the Socrates and the Fortitude 8, there isn’t that dreaded veil to the music. Most cable makers tend to treat copper as a poor cousin. Because they would rather sell you the much more silver stuff.

For Cantopop/Mandopop, I love the way the cables are able to convey the emotions and nuances behind the vocals.

Maybe it’s just me. But that’s how I feel about what @Eric Chong and team bring to the table.
I think you nailed it on the spot. Eric and the Eletech team are the first ones to master copper beyond the traditional entry level cables that most relegate them too. So far the Prudence and Fortitude are the only cables I've owned.

And as I told Eric, it was more of the proprietary connectors they were built with that I ended up selling them with the paired iems.

Eletech cables do vocals very very well. I enjoyed the DMagic + Fortitude pairing especially.

Jul 10, 2021 at 8:11 AM Post #2,003 of 5,610
More music on a relaxing Saturday evening: the Luxury & Precision LP6, FitEar EST and the king of the hill, the Aeneid. Interestingly, I don’t seem to be able to find this series of compilation albums on Apple Music. But they were a great introduction to great singers. Like Alison Krauss. :)

D6E4205F-478D-4A2B-A8BA-CDBEAADDD335.jpeg

Jul 10, 2021 at 9:57 AM Post #2,004 of 5,610
Been spending the Saturday chilling with the new DAPs (courtesy of @Kiats) trying to decompress and rejuvenate from the busy week. Just came back to realise i’ve many messages unanswered, apologies!

m15 is good for testing cables?

I actually spent quite abit of time on the M15. It has actually become one of my go-to for critical listening and testing now. I find the M15 rather neutral and extremely powerful not to mention it being very revealing. All these qualities points to a very good device for testing our future prototypes :) Fact is, since the lack of shows, our DAPs collection has gradually become outdated..

What Eletech cable are you using on your VE V8?

I actually alternate between the Socrates and Iliad on the VE8. Depending on where the mood takes me. Definitely will do Iliad if im in the mood for some excitement and heavily textured sound :) Otherwise Socrates/VE8 is great to kickback for easy listening.

Congrats on owning the Socrates! :) Enjoy the Socrates and let me know what you think of it :) We may have something exciting for you in Sept depending on how you feel on the Socrates :D

Hmm, that’s a tough one. Mainly because we’re talking about interconnects here that wouldn’t significantly impact on the general Sound Sig. Though i would believe Plato would be a better bet based on your set-up and preferences.

Just imagine that you let Eric and his boys try P6 Pro and LP6.

Staphh! Im very close to purchasing the P6pro. The only thing stopping me is the impending LP7 lol

Eletech Cables Stay updated on Eletech Cables at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/eletechsg https://twitter.com/EletechJP https://instagram.com/eletechsg/ https://elementechnology.com/ eric@elementechnology.com
Jul 10, 2021 at 11:18 AM Post #2,005 of 5,610
Staphh! Im very close to purchasing the P6pro. The only thing stopping me is the impending LP7 lol

Heheh! I am planning to take leave at strategic intervals for the rest of the year. Since we are not going to be traveling anywhere any time soon. I could always pop by the workshop… :ksc75smile:

Jul 10, 2021 at 6:16 PM Post #2,008 of 5,610

In my opinion, Plato is not only the best cable of Eletech’s I have tried (I have Socrates and Iliad - both also great - as well as many, many other manufacturers’ cables too) but it’s also my favourite cable period. There’s a ‘special sauce’ element to the Plato that no other cable can match and it pairs beautifully with a wide range of IEMs. I particularly love the Plato/Legend X synergy which is next level IMO. You really can’t go wrong with the Plato so, if you can afford it, I’d say you should jump right in.

Jul 10, 2021 at 7:58 PM Post #2,009 of 5,610
I have Socrates, Plato and Iliad, but my fav is Socrates. My preference is Socrates paired with LX and Thummim, esp on how the bass sounds (don’t know how to use audio parlance) 😋

Jul 10, 2021 at 10:19 PM Post #2,010 of 5,610
After reading the notes about synergy with the LX - I really wanna win this cable!! :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back