Eletech Cables Official Impressions & Discussions Thread
Jul 6, 2021 at 3:10 AM Post #1,968 of 5,576
Can someone recommend an IEM that pairs especially well with the Iliad? Mine is currently sitting lonely in its case, the Thummim is getting the PW Metropolis, and I need just one more pair to match the cable collection to the IEM collection

Any suggestions are appreciated!

Jul 6, 2021 at 3:43 AM Post #1,969 of 5,576
Can someone recommend an IEM that pairs especially well with the Iliad? Mine is currently sitting lonely in its case, the Thummim is getting the PW Metropolis, and I need just one more pair to match the cable collection to the IEM collection

Happily seated in my Noble Sultan, though i have been spending less time with this rig

Jul 6, 2021 at 3:48 AM Post #1,970 of 5,576
Happily seated in my Noble Sultan, though i have been spending less time with this rig
The Sultan is a special special IEM, I really enjoyed it back when I had it, but I think it overlaps too much with the Thummim for me, and I usually end up picking the latter when given the option to listen to either

I might also wait for the new 64A releases, if they ever come out with a new flagship that's Iliad-worthy I'd be all over it

Jul 6, 2021 at 8:08 AM Post #1,971 of 5,576
Man I would love to give the Socrates a role with the Odin or Elysium (easily tied for my favorite iems). Aside from reviews on the sound, the splitter design is so cool :)
I am using Socrates on Odin, its a very underrated combo I should say and not many people like that combo but to my ears its sounds fabulous :ksc75smile: :ksc75smile: :ksc75smile:

Jul 6, 2021 at 9:11 AM Post #1,972 of 5,576
I am using Socrates on Odin, its a very underrated combo I should say and not many people like that combo but to my ears its sounds fabulous :ksc75smile: :ksc75smile: :ksc75smile:
To my ears too…

856C358B-DF98-4767-80CE-968F70358DC9.jpeg

Jul 6, 2021 at 9:47 AM Post #1,973 of 5,576
Am I on time?
1. Done
2. I really like the Andromeda 2020, especially its small form factor
3. My favourite would be the Prudence and Fortitude, for their physical properties being that of flagships. Begone, stiff stock cables! Also, the splitters are cool, if on the bulkier side.

Jul 6, 2021 at 12:59 PM Post #1,975 of 5,576

To my ears too…

856C358B-DF98-4767-80CE-968F70358DC9.jpeg
This was a combo that I loved, but never had a chance to write on the forums about. I personally feel it helped give the ODIN's bass a bit more oomph, which better balanced it against its brighter midrange. It also brought lower-pitched instruments a bit further forward - not as freely open as the Stormbreaker - which also made it more evenly engaging. If you don't mind a presentation that's more involving and less laidback or spacious, it's one of the best cables to pair the ODIN with.

Jul 7, 2021 at 3:46 AM Post #1,977 of 5,576

UM 3DT 😂 Seriously it’s that good, for me it beats Elysium, VE8. To me it’s not too far from Erlkonig. It’s a amazing synergy, as long as you use Illiad, Azla Sednafit Xelatec and for me Sony 1Z Romi mod, or probably Shanling M8 and equivalent

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2021 at 4:53 AM Post #1,978 of 5,576
Any of you using an Eletech cable on Vision Ears VE 7 or Elysium ? Witch one?
Unpopular opinion but I don't like Elysium/Plato pairing. For me the bass was too elevated and treble lost some excitement. Plato has great resolution, transparency and notes feel more fluid. I actually really like the fluidity of Plato, but the bass just thumps too hard... and treble was a bit too smooth. The main things I love about Elysium are the mids and highs. With Plato the bass kind of takes the spotlight away.

Bear in mind the comparison is done against the stock SPC cable, which is far from a reference cable, but for me it suits Elysium very well. In fact I probably wouldn't replace it if I didn't need a 4.4 cable. At the end of day it's all about personal taste, in the case Elysium I just really like the controlled bass and the vivid treble of the stock cable.

Jul 7, 2021 at 5:23 AM Post #1,979 of 5,576
Unpopular opinion but I don't like Elysium/Plato pairing. For me the bass was too elevated and treble lost some excitement. Plato has great resolution, transparency and notes feel more fluid. I actually really like the fluidity of Plato, but the bass just thumps too hard... and treble was a bit too smooth. The main things I love about Elysium are the mids and highs. With Plato the bass kind of takes the spotlight away.

Bear in mind the comparison is done against the stock SPC cable, which is far from a reference cable, but for me it suits Elysium very well. In fact I probably wouldn't replace it if I didn't need a 4.4 cable. At the end of day it's all about personal taste, in the case Elysium I just really like the controlled bass and the vivid treble of the stock cable.

That actually sounded a lot like a Iliad synergy to me, if i recall correctly. @mvvRAZ echoed similar sentiments and Iliad pairing

Jul 7, 2021 at 5:51 AM Post #1,980 of 5,576
That actually sounded a lot like a Iliad synergy to me, if i recall correctly. @mvvRAZ echoed similar sentiments and Iliad pairing
Definitely, Iliad + elysium is one of my favourite pairings but mostly because it takes some of the focus away from the midrange and adds some bass decay which the elysium needs IMHO

Plato to me was too tight and mid focused

Users who are viewing this thread

Back