Eletech Cables Official Impressions & Discussions Thread
Mar 30, 2020 at 1:32 AM Post #421 of 5,560
Yeah if you ask me not losing packages is as much as one can really ask for in a time like this :D

Well i spoke too early. I received a damaged package from DHL today. It's a partial shipment as well with 2 out of 3 boxes, the last box is currently whereabouts unknown. These are indeed not good times to be shipping things around..

On another note - @PinkyPowers & @EagleWings - Thank you for the very well written and detailed review of the "Plato"!! :)

-Eric

Eletech Cables Stay updated on Eletech Cables at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/eletechsg https://twitter.com/EletechJP https://instagram.com/eletechsg/ https://elementechnology.com/ eric@elementechnology.com
Mar 30, 2020 at 5:31 AM Post #422 of 5,560
Well i spoke too early. I received a damaged package from DHL today. It's a partial shipment as well with 2 out of 3 boxes, the last box is currently whereabouts unknown. These are indeed not good times to be shipping things around..

On another note - @PinkyPowers & @EagleWings - Thank you for the very well written and detailed review of the "Plato"!! :)

-Eric
Oh man that's unfortunate :/ Well I lucked out I guess and my A18s is here!

Since it has that Iliad logo I figured I'd post the impressions here, almost feels like an Eletech collaboration :D

"The A18s has arrived, a shoutout to @ceeloChamp for shipping them to me and helping me dodge them customs :D

Now these impressions are quite preliminary as I've only had an hour or so with them, but hey for a first feel that's plenty

64 have done a truly awesome job with these I think - it combines what I love about several different models and is comfortably my favourite overall IEM by 64 so far. To start with the bad, it is that while the timbre has improved significantly, there's no getting around the fact that it's a BA midrange. It sounds significantly more textured and thicker than the A18t our the Fourte, but regardless in that respect it's no Elysium

The good news is that everything else about it is plain exceptional.

The lows are the first thing that needs to be discussed here as 64 have created an extremely DD-like presentation. It still has that BA speed, but the depth and decay that the A18s delivers is some of the best I've heard out of any BA - it is probably similar to that of the A12t though I've only heard the universal version and considering how bad the 64 U series fits me, I can't really comment on it excessively. Either way though, the lifted bass not only adds that wonderful weight to instruments, but serves as its own thing that you can enjoy the crap out of.

The mids are insanely detailed, and have some of the better BA textures out there - just working off memory, I'd say the VE8 is probably the only IEM I've heard that comfortably outperforms them. I also have an Anole sitting on my desk here that I haven't had the chance to try yet because the A18s has kind of stolen the show, but I will report on the comparisons in the full review of the S :)

Other than that, vocals have significantly more warmth than they do in the original A18t and so does the overall presentation. I think the somewhat reduces treble quantity is helping here as well, as the standard 18t felt like it really overdid the highs and that contributed to the feeling of thinness that I always got when listening to it

The treble execution is spot on - neutral, with extreme extension and wonderful sparkle. Can't say anything here other than pure perfection

The technicalities are pretty much what gave the A18t its name, and I am happy to report they've been preserved if not enhanced - you won't miss a single breath with the A18s, the soundstage is as holographic and wide as any soundstage gets, instrumental separation can only be described as excessive :D

Amazing work by 64 - of course time will tell just how much these enter my daily rotation but I have once again been given that wow feeling from an audio product. Love it"

IMG_5985.jpg

Mar 30, 2020 at 5:03 PM Post #423 of 5,560

Oh god... Pls. let me get my iliad safely and undamaged.
giphy.gif

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2020 at 8:45 PM Post #424 of 5,560
I have known Eric for more than 10 years now, likely closer to 15 years because I recall my son was a small boy then. He is now 21! Eric has always been great in terms of customers service, genuine enthusiasm, excellent insight and ultimately honesty in terms of the products he has in his repertoire. So, it was with great delight that during one of our WhatsApp chats, he finally revealed that he had started a new cable company! Eric is just the kind of guy who is too shy to let me know because he likely didn't want me to feel obliged to support his new venture. :relaxed:

But I am very happy Eric is back in the fold. And I happily placed an order for the Iliad for my FitEar CIEMs and the Plato for my Sony IER Z1R. So, the delicious anticipation begins for sonic bliss. :)

Mar 31, 2020 at 2:57 AM Post #425 of 5,560
Oh man that's unfortunate :/ Well I lucked out I guess and my A18s is here!

Since it has that Iliad logo I figured I'd post the impressions here, almost feels like an Eletech collaboration :D

"The A18s has arrived, a shoutout to @ceeloChamp for shipping them to me and helping me dodge them customs :D

Now these impressions are quite preliminary as I've only had an hour or so with them, but hey for a first feel that's plenty

64 have done a truly awesome job with these I think - it combines what I love about several different models and is comfortably my favourite overall IEM by 64 so far. To start with the bad, it is that while the timbre has improved significantly, there's no getting around the fact that it's a BA midrange. It sounds significantly more textured and thicker than the A18t our the Fourte, but regardless in that respect it's no Elysium

The good news is that everything else about it is plain exceptional.

The lows are the first thing that needs to be discussed here as 64 have created an extremely DD-like presentation. It still has that BA speed, but the depth and decay that the A18s delivers is some of the best I've heard out of any BA - it is probably similar to that of the A12t though I've only heard the universal version and considering how bad the 64 U series fits me, I can't really comment on it excessively. Either way though, the lifted bass not only adds that wonderful weight to instruments, but serves as its own thing that you can enjoy the crap out of.

The mids are insanely detailed, and have some of the better BA textures out there - just working off memory, I'd say the VE8 is probably the only IEM I've heard that comfortably outperforms them. I also have an Anole sitting on my desk here that I haven't had the chance to try yet because the A18s has kind of stolen the show, but I will report on the comparisons in the full review of the S :)

Other than that, vocals have significantly more warmth than they do in the original A18t and so does the overall presentation. I think the somewhat reduces treble quantity is helping here as well, as the standard 18t felt like it really overdid the highs and that contributed to the feeling of thinness that I always got when listening to it

The treble execution is spot on - neutral, with extreme extension and wonderful sparkle. Can't say anything here other than pure perfection

The technicalities are pretty much what gave the A18t its name, and I am happy to report they've been preserved if not enhanced - you won't miss a single breath with the A18s, the soundstage is as holographic and wide as any soundstage gets, instrumental separation can only be described as excessive :D

Amazing work by 64 - of course time will tell just how much these enter my daily rotation but I have once again been given that wow feeling from an audio product. Love it"

IMG_5985.jpg

This SQ sounds right up my alley - It's a shame i couldn't grab time during the NYC Canjam away from the booth to go listen to the A18s. I've heard good things about it.

PS : If i may be so shameless - What a nice logo on the FP! :p

Oh god... Pls. let me get my iliad safely and undamaged.
giphy.gif

Not to worry buddy - I'll take extra precautions to make sure the package shall reach you guys safely and undamaged :)

I have known Eric for more than 10 years now, likely closer to 15 years because I recall my son was a small boy then. He is now 21! Eric has always been great in terms of customers service, genuine enthusiasm, excellent insight and ultimately honesty in terms of the products he has in his repertoire. So, it was with great delight that during one of our WhatsApp chats, he finally revealed that he had started a new cable company! Eric is just the kind of guy who is too shy to let me know because he likely didn't want me to feel obliged to support his new venture. :relaxed:

But I am very happy Eric is back in the fold. And I happily placed an order for the Iliad for my FitEar CIEMs and the Plato for my Sony IER Z1R. So, the delicious anticipation begins for sonic bliss. :)

Haha! Thank you for dropping in @Kiats and for supporting Eletech! I'm probably not far off to say that you've watched me grow up and throughout my career as well! :) Your kind words meant alot to me and the team!

We'll be toiling to have the Iliad & Plato sent over to you as soon as we can! :D

-Eric

Eletech Cables Stay updated on Eletech Cables at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/eletechsg https://twitter.com/EletechJP https://instagram.com/eletechsg/ https://elementechnology.com/ eric@elementechnology.com
Mar 31, 2020 at 2:58 AM Post #426 of 5,560
This SQ sounds right up my alley - It's a shame i couldn't grab time during the NYC Canjam away from the booth to go listen to the A18s. I've heard good things about it.

PS : If i may be so shameless - What a nice logo on the FP! :p

Not to worry buddy - I'll take extra precautions to make sure the package shall reach you guys safely and undamaged :)

Haha! Thank you for dropping in @Kiats and for supporting Eletech! I'm probably not far off to say that you've watched me grow up and throughout my career as well! :) Your kind words meant alot to me and the team!

We'll be toiling to have the Iliad & Plato sent over to you as soon as we can! :D

-Eric
Haha next up I open the email and receive a lawsuit from you boys :D talk about shameless

Mar 31, 2020 at 3:03 AM Post #427 of 5,560
Haha next up I open the email and receive a lawsuit from you boys :D talk about shameless

Haha! That'll be downright unscrupulous. You know i won't do you like that bruh

-Eric

Apr 2, 2020 at 5:28 AM Post #432 of 5,560

What do you guys think about this possible Y-Split design?

The design of the ceramic part itself is good, but I think I would recommend to change the colour of it.
Either change the rest of the Y-split colour from black to something else (white? copper?), and/or change the ceramic part itself to white or grey.
Basically for me, that brown, traditional earthy colour doesn't really match with the modern materials of the rest of the cable.

I like the idea and the classy combination of materials, I just feel a colour change would make it gel better.
Well, that's my constructive and honest feedback; hope this helps :)

Apr 2, 2020 at 1:10 PM Post #435 of 5,560
I think a switched orientation would look better. . . meaning have the barrel be ceramic or white ceramic, and the wrap around be black. . . just my 2 cents. . .

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back