Eletech Cables Official Impressions & Discussions Thread
Jan 21, 2020 at 6:04 AM Post #226 of 5,745
Got my tracking number for the Prudence! Whoa, got a upgrade in shipping as well!

Impressive. Customer service from Eletech appears to be top class.

Jan 22, 2020 at 1:12 AM Post #227 of 5,745
Impressive. Customer service from Eletech appears to be top class.

We try our best to accommodate ~ !!

Meanwhile more shipments are heading out today~ Hang in there! :D

-Eric

Eletech Cables Stay updated on Eletech Cables at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/eletechsg https://twitter.com/EletechJP https://instagram.com/eletechsg/ https://elementechnology.com/ eric@elementechnology.com
Jan 22, 2020 at 1:16 AM Post #228 of 5,745
More pics! (VE8 has not arrived yet so I can’t use them yet)
F864E6B6-AADD-4DF3-A071-F0B1A52C8F0D.jpeg B54F2543-A765-42EA-B72D-DBD9DDC1EAA7.jpeg D318AEC2-211E-4D6F-9812-B43F3137EF80.jpeg

Jan 22, 2020 at 5:58 AM Post #229 of 5,745
Received my cases and packaging today as well! Was secretly hoping Eric made a mistake and sent me an extra Iliad and Plato.. a bit unfortunate that he didn't :D

They're top quality stuff, will post some photos later as well

Jan 22, 2020 at 7:50 AM Post #230 of 5,745
Thanks Eric.

20200122_164855.jpg
20200122_164804.jpg

Received the Prudence after some insane overnight shipping. Totes possible bcos we're in neighboring countries btw.

The presentation is subdued but elegant, so Eletech might also be short for Elegant Technology lol. A simple cloth pouch and a cowhide cable tie adorn the Prudence.

The cable itself is exquisitely built, and has some of the best ergonomics I've tried. Soft, supple and flexible with almost no memory effect, it's a joy to handle.

Most exclusive of all are the matching Y-split and jack, in black and bronze with the signature polygonal design. This is a design language for the ages.

I can't wait to listen to them lol.

Jan 22, 2020 at 8:44 AM Post #233 of 5,745
Thanks Eric.

Received the Prudence after some insane overnight shipping. Totes possible bcos we're in neighboring countries btw.

The presentation is subdued but elegant, so Eletech might also be short for Elegant Technology lol. A simple cloth pouch and a cowhide cable tie adorn the Prudence.

The cable itself is exquisitely built, and has some of the best ergonomics I've tried. Soft, supple and flexible with almost no memory effect, it's a joy to handle.

Most exclusive of all are the matching Y-split and jack, in black and bronze with the signature polygonal design. This is a design language for the ages.

The Prudence looks sweet. I'm looking forward to your impressions.

Jan 22, 2020 at 10:09 AM Post #234 of 5,745
Thanks Eric.

Sharp looking cable and looking forward to reviews. I plan to give a listen at CanJam NYC next month, as well as all the EleTech cables.

Jan 22, 2020 at 11:39 AM Post #236 of 5,745
Laying down my first impressions of the Prudence before the Lunar new year takes over my life for the next few days. Excuse the poor image quality as I am literally listening in bed.

20200123_003744.jpg

The mission was to find an ideal cable for my Lime Ears Aether R, a balanced IEM with good timbre. Thought of doubling up on the timbral goodness and bought the pure copper Brise Audio STR7-SE for the job.

Yup the tone is excellent as predicted, but I began falling asleep at the wrong places during listening stints with the Brise/Aether pair-up. No matter how smooth and organic it felt, notes lacked bite and urgency, and that last burst of air for excitement. For reference, LCD-2 was one of my least favorite headphones.

So when Eric came along and recommended the Prudence, marketed as a best-in-class SPC cable for vibrancy and dynamics, I thought why not. No actually I thought hell yeah!

These are initial impressions, and I did some a/b-ing with both cables until I noticed the differences consistently that it was unlikely to be placebo. Listened to Tay-tay's 1989 because it's one of the first albums listed in alphabetical order.

The bass is tighter and digs deeper, hits harder. Unlike the soft, tender loving caresses of the Brise cable, Prudence is no-nonsense and incisive, delivering the vital punch and leaving a trail of air behind. Notes are well-defined and textured, and more dynamic than the Brise.

Mids and treble tell the same story. The timbre is maintained, and kept the way I like it from attack to sustain. Crucially, the Prudence adds crispness, urgency and air to the decay of the notes. Soundstage is rendered deeper and layering is immense, although the Brise Audio is wider and shallower.

So yeah, do believe it. The Prudence is indeed a lively, vibrant and dynamic cable that pairs amazingly with the Aether R, making it a fun, balanced IEM, and I will let this combo stay for awhile more.

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2020 at 12:45 AM Post #237 of 5,745
Officially received my Prudence today! Right off the bat, I could tell the difference between this and the Ares II on my Legend X.

This cable has exceeded my expectations! Pairing with my Legend X, it feels like there's a lift in everything - detail, clarity and tightness, making it more balanced. Highs are more airy and sparkly, bass is tighter (without losing out on the impact and quantity), mids are also clearer.

A great upgrade from the Ares II!

Jan 23, 2020 at 1:29 AM Post #238 of 5,745
More pics! (VE8 has not arrived yet so I can’t use them yet)

Nice!! I hope you enjoy the premium companion case it comes with! Go rough on em! User developed marks are highly sexyy :D

Received my cases and packaging today as well! Was secretly hoping Eric made a mistake and sent me an extra Iliad and Plato.. a bit unfortunate that he didn't :D

They're top quality stuff, will post some photos later as well

Aww, Im sure the Companion cases made up for the disappointment :p

'Guess who's getting a brand-new leash? :p

Oh dude, you should have told me earlier. I would've printed your dog's face instead of the Spartan image. How cool would that be! :D

Sharp looking cable and looking forward to reviews. I plan to give a listen at CanJam NYC next month, as well as all the EleTech cables.

Drop by and say hi! :) It's gonna be a cold Canjam but we're looking forward to hang out :D

It wasn't easy, but I managed to stick to the theme...

Now time to get a new dog :D

Officially received my Prudence today! Right off the bat, I could tell the difference between this and the Ares II on my Legend X.

This cable has exceeded my expectations! Pairing with my Legend X, it feels like there's a lift in everything - detail, clarity and tightness, making it more balanced. Highs are more airy and sparkly, bass is tighter (without losing out on the impact and quantity), mids are also clearer.

Thanks! I'm glad you love it as much as we do! :) Enjoy !!

-Eric

Eletech Cables Stay updated on Eletech Cables at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/eletechsg https://twitter.com/EletechJP https://instagram.com/eletechsg/ https://elementechnology.com/ eric@elementechnology.com
Jan 23, 2020 at 2:55 AM Post #239 of 5,745
Nice to see positive impressions for Prudence. Will receive mine tomorrow, got this to pair with Itsfit Fusions, hopefully it turns out well. Will also compare this with Leo II against U12t and Fusion.

Jan 23, 2020 at 5:51 AM Post #240 of 5,745

Yeah I imagine Prudence would help the Legend X heaps, it needs all the treble and air and sparkle it can get. The bass tightness is also welcome.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back