Eletech Cables Official Impressions & Discussions Thread
Dec 5, 2019 at 11:32 PM Post #77 of 5,571
Saw Eletech's latest post on the Prudence, anyone else tried it and maybe can compare it to any other cables around the same price range?

Also... Less than 3 days to the giveaway:hugging::hugging:

Good luck on the raffle buddy ;D But hey, just realised you're based in Singapore. Can pop by to audition em' yourself ! :D

Thanks for the raffle! I Enterd and hoped to win!
Apart from that, I ordered a cable! I look forward to trying it!

Thanks Mori! :) Look forward to your feedbacks when you receive em'!

-Eric

Eletech Cables Stay updated on Eletech Cables at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/eletechsg https://twitter.com/EletechJP https://instagram.com/eletechsg/ https://elementechnology.com/ eric@elementechnology.com
Dec 6, 2019 at 2:37 AM Post #78 of 5,571
Thanks Deezel, that was a really nice overview. I've just put in my order for a Iliad and looking forward to hearing it with my VE8s :). It was either an Elysium or an Iliad, and went for the cable as loving the VE8.

I had the chance to pop by their place to catch up with Eric and listen to their lineup recently.

Really admire your blind faith in getting their flagship Iliad for your VE8s... let's put it this way, i am really happy for you. Based on my impression using the VE8s, and what i am looking for in terms of Coherence and Musicality, I found myself listening longer and to more tracks when i tried the Iliad. It just sounded so musical and clean across the whole spectrum, never any muddiness or smearing, with such good extensions too. Really impressive, not sure if it's due to the litz configuration they design with, but there is definitely some magic in that cable!

And by the way, i tried the Elysium (both universal and custom force-fit), it definitely is something special with its incredible extension and sparkle, without being subjected to sibilance. I would imagine that more juice will make it shine even better. End of the day, i value the 'full-body' of the VE8s more; it's like some like 'DD's but some like 'B''A's, just some personal preferences. :ksc75smile:

Dec 6, 2019 at 6:12 AM Post #79 of 5,571
I had the chance to pop by their place to catch up with Eric and listen to their lineup recently.

Really admire your blind faith in getting their flagship Iliad for your VE8s... let's put it this way, i am really happy for you. Based on my impression using the VE8s, and what i am looking for in terms of Coherence and Musicality, I found myself listening longer and to more tracks when i tried the Iliad. It just sounded so musical and clean across the whole spectrum, never any muddiness or smearing, with such good extensions too. Really impressive, not sure if it's due to the litz configuration they design with, but there is definitely some magic in that cable!

And by the way, i tried the Elysium (both universal and custom force-fit), it definitely is something special with its incredible extension and sparkle, without being subjected to sibilance. I would imagine that more juice will make it shine even better. End of the day, i value the 'full-body' of the VE8s more; it's like some like 'DD's but some like 'B''A's, just some personal preferences. :ksc75smile:

If the wait wasn't bad enough, this has made it worse! :o2smile: I was really taken with the look of the cable and couldn't resist...hearing these reports on the sound is great and can't wait to pair it with my VE8, so thanks for that. I also have total faith in Eric from dealing with him in the past and know he will deliver a top notch product.

Dec 6, 2019 at 11:22 AM Post #80 of 5,571
Managed to meet Eric for the first he at his office, he was kind enough to he was kind enough to host me, very humble person.

Got to try the Plato and Iliad. I’m going to try my best to describe my impressions but I’m not that good with words. Unfortunately his 2pin to MMCX converter was not functioning so I could not test them with my Solaris and Andro SEG. Eric’s system of testing was really good. I don’t recall the names of the IEMs I tried but one was technical while the other was warm. Maybe @Eric Chong could help remind me what IEMs they were? :p

For the Plato, it brings a sense of clarity to the music. Like lifting a veil that were on the notes. Did not add sparkle to highs as you’d expect from Silver cables but it emphasises vocals, really brought them forward.

For the Iliad, I can’t really put a finger on what it improved, there wasn’t a certain sound that the cable improved, it rather improved everything as a whole? Best I can describe this is that it turned everything from HD to 4K? Bass had more impact, they were more tactile. All the notes were layered much better and just sounded clearer, like a pile of laundry that went through a power wash kind of thing.

I’ll definitely purchase them once I have the funds to do so, as I’m aiming for a VE8 which I will demo tomorrow. After that I’ll decide if I’ll go for the VE8 or the Iliad to pair with my Solaris.

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2019 at 11:12 PM Post #81 of 5,571

Thanks for sharing your impressions on the Iliad buddy :) Im glad to hear that you've absolutely loved the synergy with the VE 8 :) It was great catching up and hanging out with you for the afternoon :) Feel free to drop by the next time you're in town! We'll grab a coffee and have audio chats! :D

If the wait wasn't bad enough, this has made it worse! :o2smile: I was really taken with the look of the cable and couldn't resist...hearing these reports on the sound is great and can't wait to pair it with my VE8, so thanks for that. I also have total faith in Eric from dealing with him in the past and know he will deliver a top notch product.

Hahaha :) Thank you for the complete faith in us :D Can't wait for your feedbacks upon receiving it!

Managed to meet Eric for the first he at his office, he was kind enough to he was kind enough to host me, very humble person.

Got to try the Plato and Iliad. I’m going to try my best to describe my impressions but I’m not that good with words. Unfortunately his 2pin to MMCX converter was not functioning so I could not test them with my Solaris and Andro SEG. Eric’s system of testing was really good. I don’t recall the names of the IEMs I tried but one was technical while the other was warm. Maybe @Eric Chong could help remind me what IEMs they were? :p

For the Plato, it brings a sense of clarity to the music. Like lifting a veil that were on the notes. Did not add sparkle to highs as you’d expect from Silver cables but it emphasises vocals, really brought them forward.

For the Iliad, I can’t really put a finger on what it improved, there wasn’t a certain sound that the cable improved, it rather improved everything as a whole? Best I can describe this is that it turned everything from HD to 4K? Bass had more impact, they were more tactile. All the notes were layered much better and just sounded clearer, like a pile of laundry that went through a power wash kind of thing.

I’ll definitely purchase them once I have the funds to do so, as I’m aiming for a VE8 which I will demo tomorrow. After that I’ll decide if I’ll go for the VE8 or the Iliad to pair with my Solaris.

Thanks for dropping by to hang out buddy! :) I hope you enjoy lounging at our office! It was fortunate that we did make something out of the session despite the faulty adaptors :) The IEMs are the new MMR Balmung & GaeBolg. Im glad that you loved the Iliad.. My team are very grateful for your kind words!

Meanwhile - Let me help you with your dilemma. I would suggest to definitely go for the @Vision Ears VE8 this trip. It'll be a big win and upgrade to your current audio gears trust me :D

Enjoy your trip in Singapore. Pop by to hang out next time! :)

-Eric

Eletech Cables Stay updated on Eletech Cables at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/eletechsg https://twitter.com/EletechJP https://instagram.com/eletechsg/ https://elementechnology.com/ eric@elementechnology.com
Dec 7, 2019 at 4:24 AM Post #82 of 5,571

Sounds like you had a really good time there! Enjoy your demo of the VE8, those are awesome and I really enjoyed them when Vision Ears arranged a demo for me back in London (of their entire lineup, btw).

Dec 7, 2019 at 6:41 AM Post #83 of 5,571

You can't go far wrong with the VE8, the way it envelopes you in the music is astounding! Plus it's nicely balanced, textured and the layering will uncover stuff you've missed in tracks you've known for years. I'm having such a blast revisiting my music. From what I've read though is the custom performs much better than the universal.

Dec 7, 2019 at 6:47 AM Post #84 of 5,571

I’d also say a VE8 will be a bigger upgrade to the rest of the collection than what an Iliad will bring to the Solaris

Step 1 would be the 8 imo, step two would be an Iliad to use with the 8 :)

Dec 7, 2019 at 7:46 AM Post #85 of 5,571
I’d also say a VE8 will be a bigger upgrade to the rest of the collection than what an Iliad will bring to the Solaris

Step 1 would be the 8 imo, step two would be an Iliad to use with the 8 :)

giphy.gif

Dec 7, 2019 at 7:55 AM Post #86 of 5,571
Dec 8, 2019 at 12:49 PM Post #90 of 5,571
Thanks for dropping by to hang out buddy! :) I hope you enjoy lounging at our office! It was fortunate that we did make something out of the session despite the faulty adaptors :) The IEMs are the new MMR Balmung & GaeBolg. Im glad that you loved the Iliad.. My team are very grateful for your kind words!

Meanwhile - Let me help you with your dilemma. I would suggest to definitely go for the @Vision Ears VE8 this trip. It'll be a big win and upgrade to your current audio gears trust me :D

Enjoy your trip in Singapore. Pop by to hang out next time! :)

-Eric

Definitely enjoyed my time with you there, I’ll let you know when I’m in SG again :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back