Eletech Cables Official Impressions & Discussions Thread
Jun 1, 2022 at 6:33 AM Post #3,542 of 5,745
Oh this is nice! Didn't know Eletech have proper headphone cables. Color me intrigued. Are there any in-depth reviews of the Inferno?
This is the first one in the 'Dante' series of headphone cables. I believe there are a few reviews in the works and @Kiats has been sharing impressions here in the thread as well.

Jun 1, 2022 at 7:50 AM Post #3,543 of 5,745
Prototype Impressions time!

A big thanks to Eric and Eletech in including me in the tour and listening to my feedback for the prototype TOTL coppers.

So, here go impressions:

From what Eric explained, the Beta and Gamma are each its own material/composition, while the Alpha is a mix of the two in some proportions. The sound reflects that in my opinion.

The Beta I spent the least time with. Too warm and muddy for my taste, overall would attribute it to an entry level copper, and as such didn't pay much attention to it. Tonality is pleasant as most dark, thick sounding IEMs and cables are, but just lacks refinement and excitement

The Gamma was cool. I liked that a fair bit at first - it has this forward, wonky treble presentation which can be quite enjoyable depending on signature and IEMs, but can't quite escape that wonkiness. It is resolving due to the treble quantity, but it doesn't have the texture or dynamics I'd expect coming out of a TOTL copper. In that sense I wouldn't really consider it all that technical either really.

The Alpha is where things start heating up for me. It has a very satisfying, deep and textured bass rumble - my first instinct was to compare it to the Aeneid, but the Alpha has faster, more present midbass which works extremely well with the texture, and the general neutrality of the midrange and treble of the cable. Great dynamics, decent headroom. Discussed it with Eric and it seems like my impressions were pretty consistent with those of everyone else in the tour, so the Alpha's tonality will be the starting point for the Ode to Laura cable, with the focus on efforts being on improving the technical ability and further refining the signature.

I have to say this is one of the coolest tours I've ever been a part of, because all of us get to actually pick a prototype cable that we tried to keep (or well Eric will build and send it to us). I've picked the Alpha, and can't wait to compare the prototype to the finished product once I purchase the OtL. Gives an interesting perspective of where product development starts, and how elaborate the process is.

Amazing work from Eletech once again, and hats off for being this involved with the community and listening to our feedback.

Note: Whole post is "edited" because I clicked Ctrl Enter when I started typing it up and accidentally posted it 2 lines in

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2022 at 8:18 AM Post #3,544 of 5,745

A big thanks to Eric and Eletech in including me in the tour and listening to my feedback for the prototype TOTL coppers.

So, here go impressions:

From what Eric explained, the Beta and Gamma are each its own material/composition, while the Alpha is a mix of the two in some proportions. The sound reflects that in my opinion.

The Beta I spent the least time with. Too warm and muddy for my taste, overall would attribute it to an entry level copper, and as such didn't pay much attention to it. Tonality is pleasant as most dark, thick sounding IEMs and cables are, but just lacks refinement and excitement

The Gamma was cool. I liked that a fair bit at first - it has this forward, wonky treble presentation which can be quite enjoyable depending on signature and IEMs, but can't quite escape that wonkiness. It is resolving due to the treble quantity, but it doesn't have the texture or dynamics I'd expect coming out of a TOTL copper. In that sense I wouldn't really consider it all that technical either really.

The Alpha is where things start heating up for me. It has a very satisfying, deep and textured bass rumble - my first instinct was to compare it to the Aeneid, but the Alpha has faster, more present midbass which works extremely well with the texture, and the general neutrality of the midrange and treble of the cable. Great dynamics, decent headroom. Discussed it with Eric and it seems like my impressions were pretty consistent with those of everyone else in the tour, so the Alpha's tonality will be the starting point for the Ode to Laura cable, with the focus on efforts being on improving the technical ability and further refining the signature.

I have to say this is one of the coolest tours I've ever been a part of, because all of us get to actually pick a prototype cable that we tried to keep (or well Eric will build and send it to us). I've picked the Alpha, and can't wait to compare the prototype to the finished product once I purchase the OtL. Gives an interesting perspective of where product development starts, and how elaborate the process is.

Amazing work from Eletech once again, and hats off for being this involved with the community and listening to our feedback.

Note: Whole post is "edited" because I clicked Ctrl Enter when I started typing it up and accidentally posted it 2 lines in
Agree on the Gamma. it flatters to deceive. After the initial glow, it starts getting a bit fatiguing and a fair bit of glare.

Jun 1, 2022 at 8:32 AM Post #3,545 of 5,745
Agree on the Gamma. it flatters to deceive. After the initial glow, it starts getting a bit fatiguing and a fair bit of glare.
It does make instruments a bit honky, I haven’t really heard a cable do that before

Jun 1, 2022 at 9:36 AM Post #3,546 of 5,745
Just received a mail from @Eric Chong saying that production is moving again, looking forward to receiving the Inferno and Socrates soon. Am excited for them:L3000:
I as well (got that email). Exciting development! 😀

Jun 1, 2022 at 10:19 AM Post #3,547 of 5,745

So, here go impressions:

So… the final name of the L will be “Ode to Laura”? Who is Laura?

Jun 1, 2022 at 10:32 AM Post #3,548 of 5,745
So… the final name of the L will be “Ode to Laura”? Who is Laura?

"Petrarch wrote more than 300 Italian sonnets to Laura, as well as other short lyrics and one long poem. Those included in his Canzoniere are divided into Rime in vita Laura(263 poems) and Rime in morte Laura (103 poems). The poems treat a variety of moods and subjects but particularly his intense psychological reactions to his beloved. Many of his similes, such as burning like fire and freezing like ice, beautifully stated in the sonnet beginning “I find no peace, and all my war is done,” were to be frequently repeated by the sonneteers of Elizabethan England and later became poetic clichés. Some of the poems express the very simple, human wish to be with her and to be treated kindly. After Laura’s death Petrarch’s poems continued on the same themes, expressing his sorrow and describing her return to him in dreams.

Earlier Italian poets had written splendid sonnets expressing their love for a particular woman, but it was Petrarch’s poems that gave rise to a whole generation of translators and imitators in Europe and particularly in England, where his example inspired the great love-sonnet cycles of Sir Philip Sidney, Edmund Spenser, Michael Drayton, and William Shakespeare."

https://www.britannica.com/biography/Laura-literary-subject

Jun 1, 2022 at 7:24 PM Post #3,549 of 5,745
It is early days yet, but I recently received the Inferno and wanted to share some initial impressions.

First of all, the cable itself: This absolutely gorgeous piece of craftsmanship is definitely a potential lead for Barnie. 😂 Although I guess you can use it on the go, the Inferno is clearly aimed at desktop use and full-size headphones. It is by no means a cable that could double for IEMs. Big, heavy and extremely well built. The parts used have grown along with the cable, yet maintain the same intricate design familiar from Eletech’s IEM cables.

Given its size I thought I might find it annoying to use because I generally don’t get along well with bigger cables, until now that is. Paired with the HD650 I find that everything balances just fine when I use it while working behind my desk. The cable is stiffer than you would find with puny IEM cables, but again I feel like it is balanced well with regard to desktop use. The other aftermarket cable I have for the HD650 is based on an IEM cable and that feels fragile when I use it. For dedicated desktop use, I think I prefer the sturdy Inferno already.

In terms of sound, I have only used the Inferno for a few hours, but my first impressions are very positive. The Inferno seems to pair very well with the HD650 and I keep being a little surprised by how spacious and holographic it makes the HD650 sound, relatively speaking of course because the HD650 are always fairly intimate headphones. I get the impression that the low end gets a very nice analogue quality to it, while the mids seem to get more air and clarity, and the treble feels sweet. As always, it is a joy to listen to the HD650 and the Inferno seems to synergise very well with these iconic headphones.

Just to note, I am driving the HD650 with the Shanling M8 on “turbo” gain. It is sufficient to drive them properly, but I hope I can also get access to a 4.4mm desktop source.
My friend told me that the inferno cable at canjam Singapore was very soft, smooth and flexible. Maybe they have changed some materials or it becomes softer when used for a long time?. Btw congra as you can get your cable now. I’m still waiting for mine T_ T.

Attachments

• 7570A2EF-FCC9-4056-AE5F-B6F792669715.jpeg
    7570A2EF-FCC9-4056-AE5F-B6F792669715.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 0
Jun 1, 2022 at 8:03 PM Post #3,550 of 5,745
@Kiats, which Proj L cable did you prefer? I may have recalled wrongly that you liked Beta? I seemed to remember that it’s kind of just both of us who liked it? 😆

Jun 1, 2022 at 10:41 PM Post #3,551 of 5,745
It is early days yet, but I recently received the Inferno and wanted to share some initial impressions.

Inferno650.JPG

First of all, the cable itself: This absolutely gorgeous piece of craftsmanship is definitely a potential lead for Barnie. 😂 Although I guess you can use it on the go, the Inferno is clearly aimed at desktop use and full-size headphones. It is by no means a cable that could double for IEMs. Big, heavy and extremely well built. The parts used have grown along with the cable, yet maintain the same intricate design familiar from Eletech’s IEM cables.

Given its size I thought I might find it annoying to use because I generally don’t get along well with bigger cables, until now that is. Paired with the HD650 I find that everything balances just fine when I use it while working behind my desk. The cable is stiffer than you would find with puny IEM cables, but again I feel like it is balanced well with regard to desktop use. The other aftermarket cable I have for the HD650 is based on an IEM cable and that feels fragile when I use it. For dedicated desktop use, I think I prefer the sturdy Inferno already.

In terms of sound, I have only used the Inferno for a few hours, but my first impressions are very positive. The Inferno seems to pair very well with the HD650 and I keep being a little surprised by how spacious and holographic it makes the HD650 sound, relatively speaking of course because the HD650 are always fairly intimate headphones. I get the impression that the low end gets a very nice analogue quality to it, while the mids seem to get more air and clarity, and the treble feels sweet. As always, it is a joy to listen to the HD650 and the Inferno seems to synergise very well with these iconic headphones.

Just to note, I am driving the HD650 with the Shanling M8 on “turbo” gain. It is sufficient to drive them properly, but I hope I can also get access to a 4.4mm desktop source.

That's such a beautiful looking cable. I'm sad that I had to cancel my order to sort out a new amp but I will be back to get one later..

Jun 2, 2022 at 1:43 AM Post #3,552 of 5,745
My friend told me that the inferno cable at canjam Singapore was very soft, smooth and flexible. Maybe they have changed some materials or it becomes softer when used for a long time?. Btw congra as you can get your cable now. I’m still waiting for mine T_ T.
The demo that I tried in Eletech's office seems to be supple and flexible as well although it is unlike the IEM cables, a proper heft that is suitable for desktop rigs
That's such a beautiful looking cable. I'm sad that I had to cancel my order to sort out a new amp but I will be back to get one later..
No doubt, I'm committed to wait out for this masterpiece.

@Eric Chong how are we doing on those upcoming Luxes??

Jun 2, 2022 at 1:55 AM Post #3,553 of 5,745
@Kiats, which Proj L cable did you prefer? I may have recalled wrongly that you liked Beta? I seemed to remember that it’s kind of just both of us who liked it? 😆

Heheh @Kiats heard a later prototype and we both backed it to be something that you would love :p

@Eric Chong how are we doing on those upcoming Luxes??

Early July. If not by the end of month heheh

Eletech Cables Stay updated on Eletech Cables at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/eletechsg https://twitter.com/EletechJP https://instagram.com/eletechsg/ https://elementechnology.com/ eric@elementechnology.com
Jun 2, 2022 at 3:53 AM Post #3,554 of 5,745
Heheh @Kiats heard a later prototype and we both backed it to be something that you would love :p

Early July. If not by the end of month heheh
Hahaha, I trust both of you fully and will buy Proj L regardless :wink: I’m mightily strange/weird/lacking in hearing, I like Beta at first go lol…

Jun 2, 2022 at 6:27 AM Post #3,555 of 5,745
This is the first one in the 'Dante' series of headphone cables. I believe there are a few reviews in the works and @Kiats has been sharing impressions here in the thread as well.
I see, nice to hear that there are some in-depth reviews coming soon. It is indeed very tempting to lay my hands on one of this beautiful piece of cable, just the aesthetics alone makes me want to buy it already :sweat_smile: But I think I would exercise some prudence and wait out for more in-depth reviews on the Inferno

Users who are viewing this thread

Back