Eletech Cables Official Impressions & Discussions Thread
May 25, 2022 at 6:29 AM Post #3,526 of 5,745
I have been seeing photos and talks on the Socrates 8, and it has gotten me very intrigued. To my knowledge, the 8W series from Eletech has always been a seasonal product, but I am unsure of the availability and when is the project usually launched. Can anyone advise if it is released in limited quantities or it is a limited edition product?
Yes, Project 8 has been a seasonal product, usually releases once a year. Not sure when @Eric Chong and his team will release the products for 8W this year as I have not heard or seen any hints from him on any platforms. That being said, products from Project 8 are not limited, but do take note that they usually sell out VERY quickly. The Socrates 8 you see in the previous pages are still prototypes, and to my knowledge, nothing have been finalised as yet.

May 25, 2022 at 6:40 AM Post #3,527 of 5,745
Been on the road for a lightning trip to Jakarta and Surabaya, which included waking up at 430 am to leave at 530 am to beat the JKT traffic for a domestic flight.

Did I miss anything? Any new Eletech products unveiled?

One lesson during this crazy trip: the Turii Ti is a wonderful IEM. So, those in SG should pop by Jaben SG and ask @Uncle Wilson to have a listen to the demo unit. Wonderfully balanced. Crazy good for vocals. Yet the sub bass is still there when called on.

May 25, 2022 at 6:56 AM Post #3,528 of 5,745
Thank you all for the recommendations and advises! Definitely considering to get the Socrates for a start, when it is available. I will reach out to Eletech on my purchases. Another question, where would be the best place to get firsthand information on new Eletech's new cable releases, platforms like Headfi/ Facebook/ Instagram?

May 25, 2022 at 7:25 AM Post #3,529 of 5,745
Here are my thoughts on the three prototypes kindly sent to me by Eric and now on their way to mvvRAZ.
I tested them with the two sources that I currently use most often (M11 Plus Ltd and DX300MAX), pairing them with the ProPhile 8, the EVO, the Odin, the Jewel and the Phönix, listening to a playlist of jazz music, mostly instrumental.

Of the three cables, the one I liked most in the end was the Gamma (and it was also the one I most regretted parting with!).
The reason is that of the three it is the one that seemed to me to really stand out from the copper cables I have used to date.
I liked the bass: defined, extended and textured, maybe just a little too tight.
Mids and treble are precise, analytical and detailed, more than I would expect from a classic copper cable.
What really amazed me, however, was the soundstage: in 3 years I had never heard from my ProPhile 8s such a wide and deep, truly holographic soundstage.
A really interesting cable, which pairs very well with IEMs with a neutral (ProPhile 8) or warm (Phönix) tonality.
Thanks to its well-controlled and never dominant bass I also liked it paired with the EVOs, but less so in the short test done with the Odins, whose already accentuated upper mids become a bit excessive.

I also liked the Alpha for its nice full and rounded low range, certainly much more present and in evidence than in the Gamma, compared to which, however, it loses in technical excellence.
Among my IEMs, the ones that seemed to me the most suitable to be paired with the Alpha were the Jewels and the Odins, probably because they have a tonality that compensates for a certain weakness of this cable in the mid and high range.

Beta was the one I liked least of the three, and certainly not because it sounds bad, far from it, but only because it seems to me the least original and innovative.
As I think bigbeans had already written, it is reminiscent of the sound of a PW Audio cable (without the damn nylon microphonic sleeving ...)

A cable that could combine the technical magic (resolution, clarity, width and depth of the soundstage) of Gamma with the powerful and round (but not at all bloated) bass of Alpha would be (for me) the cable of the year!

Thanks Eric for the nice experience!

May 27, 2022 at 1:37 AM Post #3,530 of 5,745
Yes, Project 8 has been a seasonal product, usually releases once a year. Not sure when @Eric Chong and his team will release the products for 8W this year as I have not heard or seen any hints from him on any platforms. That being said, products from Project 8 are not limited, but do take note that they usually sell out VERY quickly. The Socrates 8 you see in the previous pages are still prototypes, and to my knowledge, nothing have been finalised as yet.
As usual, Project 8 is not gonna be limited ; But it'll be seasonal. We may also have something up in the works to release together during the Project 8 this year - that will be limited in nature, Likely a 20-30 units project.

Did I miss anything? Any new Eletech products unveiled?
Not yet! But very soon heheh. You'll know if we launch anything :D

Thank you all for the recommendations and advises! Definitely considering to get the Socrates for a start, when it is available. I will reach out to Eletech on my purchases. Another question, where would be the best place to get firsthand information on new Eletech's new cable releases, platforms like Headfi/ Facebook/ Instagram?
We can be reached everywhere even on our mobiles. But yeah the best place for updated news is here on Headfi. Meanwhile the Socrates is still unavailable unfortunately but it'll be coming back online soon hopefully

Here are my thoughts on the three prototypes kindly sent to me by Eric and now on their way to mvvRAZ.
I tested them with the two sources that I currently use most often (M11 Plus Ltd and DX300MAX), pairing them with the ProPhile 8, the EVO, the Odin, the Jewel and the Phönix, listening to a playlist of jazz music, mostly instrumental.

Of the three cables, the one I liked most in the end was the Gamma (and it was also the one I most regretted parting with!).
The reason is that of the three it is the one that seemed to me to really stand out from the copper cables I have used to date.
I liked the bass: defined, extended and textured, maybe just a little too tight.
Mids and treble are precise, analytical and detailed, more than I would expect from a classic copper cable.
What really amazed me, however, was the soundstage: in 3 years I had never heard from my ProPhile 8s such a wide and deep, truly holographic soundstage.
A really interesting cable, which pairs very well with IEMs with a neutral (ProPhile 8) or warm (Phönix) tonality.
Thanks to its well-controlled and never dominant bass I also liked it paired with the EVOs, but less so in the short test done with the Odins, whose already accentuated upper mids become a bit excessive.

I also liked the Alpha for its nice full and rounded low range, certainly much more present and in evidence than in the Gamma, compared to which, however, it loses in technical excellence.
Among my IEMs, the ones that seemed to me the most suitable to be paired with the Alpha were the Jewels and the Odins, probably because they have a tonality that compensates for a certain weakness of this cable in the mid and high range.

Beta was the one I liked least of the three, and certainly not because it sounds bad, far from it, but only because it seems to me the least original and innovative.
As I think bigbeans had already written, it is reminiscent of the sound of a PW Audio cable (without the damn nylon microphonic sleeving ...)

A cable that could combine the technical magic (resolution, clarity, width and depth of the soundstage) of Gamma with the powerful and round (but not at all bloated) bass of Alpha would be (for me) the cable of the year!

Thanks Eric for the nice experience!

Thanks Mico for the detailed feedback, we've begun to work on the feedbacks and steered it in the general direction that y'all mentioned :)

Eletech Cables Stay updated on Eletech Cables at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/eletechsg https://twitter.com/EletechJP https://instagram.com/eletechsg/ https://elementechnology.com/ eric@elementechnology.com
May 30, 2022 at 12:27 AM Post #3,531 of 5,745
We may also have something up in the works to release together during the Project 8 this year
I sense some teasing in this sentence... I should really stick around HeadFi more often so that I don't miss anything:sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

Another question, where would be the best place to get firsthand information on new Eletech's new cable releases, platforms like Headfi/ Facebook/ Instagram?
You can keep a lookout on Facebook and Instagram for Eletech's latest news, but I would recommend HeadFi to be the best place to get first hand news on anything related to Eletech

May 30, 2022 at 4:07 AM Post #3,532 of 5,745
Meanwhile, we're at a critical juncture for the completion of Project "L". Will be away from Head-Fi for the next 1-2 weeks. Will still be reachable on mails and texts.

Hopefully, i come back to you guys with good news! :D

Eletech Cables Stay updated on Eletech Cables at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/eletechsg https://twitter.com/EletechJP https://instagram.com/eletechsg/ https://elementechnology.com/ eric@elementechnology.com
May 30, 2022 at 8:14 PM Post #3,533 of 5,745
While we await new goodies from @Eric Chong , to whet the appetite of those who may be pondering the Inferno. :) Pleasing to the eye, gorgeous sounds for the ears.

6D1414BA-255D-4CE4-AB8A-89FDEA1415D3.jpeg

May 31, 2022 at 3:13 AM Post #3,534 of 5,745
While we await new goodies from @Eric Chong , to whet the appetite of those who may be pondering the Inferno. :) Pleasing to the eye, gorgeous sounds for the ears.

6D1414BA-255D-4CE4-AB8A-89FDEA1415D3.jpeg
Not many people own the Inferno rn due to its availability of it. Still eagerly waiting on its arrival and def the long awaiting almost completion of "L"

May 31, 2022 at 3:21 AM Post #3,535 of 5,745
It is early days yet, but I recently received the Inferno and wanted to share some initial impressions.

Inferno650.JPG

First of all, the cable itself: This absolutely gorgeous piece of craftsmanship is definitely a potential lead for Barnie. 😂 Although I guess you can use it on the go, the Inferno is clearly aimed at desktop use and full-size headphones. It is by no means a cable that could double for IEMs. Big, heavy and extremely well built. The parts used have grown along with the cable, yet maintain the same intricate design familiar from Eletech’s IEM cables.

Given its size I thought I might find it annoying to use because I generally don’t get along well with bigger cables, until now that is. Paired with the HD650 I find that everything balances just fine when I use it while working behind my desk. The cable is stiffer than you would find with puny IEM cables, but again I feel like it is balanced well with regard to desktop use. The other aftermarket cable I have for the HD650 is based on an IEM cable and that feels fragile when I use it. For dedicated desktop use, I think I prefer the sturdy Inferno already.

In terms of sound, I have only used the Inferno for a few hours, but my first impressions are very positive. The Inferno seems to pair very well with the HD650 and I keep being a little surprised by how spacious and holographic it makes the HD650 sound, relatively speaking of course because the HD650 are always fairly intimate headphones. I get the impression that the low end gets a very nice analogue quality to it, while the mids seem to get more air and clarity, and the treble feels sweet. As always, it is a joy to listen to the HD650 and the Inferno seems to synergise very well with these iconic headphones.

Just to note, I am driving the HD650 with the Shanling M8 on “turbo” gain. It is sufficient to drive them properly, but I hope I can also get access to a 4.4mm desktop source.

May 31, 2022 at 6:57 AM Post #3,536 of 5,745
It is early days yet, but I recently received the Inferno and wanted to share some initial impressions.

Inferno650.JPG

First of all, the cable itself: This absolutely gorgeous piece of craftsmanship is definitely a potential lead for Barnie. 😂 Although I guess you can use it on the go, the Inferno is clearly aimed at desktop use and full-size headphones. It is by no means a cable that could double for IEMs. Big, heavy and extremely well built. The parts used have grown along with the cable, yet maintain the same intricate design familiar from Eletech’s IEM cables.

Given its size I thought I might find it annoying to use because I generally don’t get along well with bigger cables, until now that is. Paired with the HD650 I find that everything balances just fine when I use it while working behind my desk. The cable is stiffer than you would find with puny IEM cables, but again I feel like it is balanced well with regard to desktop use. The other aftermarket cable I have for the HD650 is based on an IEM cable and that feels fragile when I use it. For dedicated desktop use, I think I prefer the sturdy Inferno already.

In terms of sound, I have only used the Inferno for a few hours, but my first impressions are very positive. The Inferno seems to pair very well with the HD650 and I keep being a little surprised by how spacious and holographic it makes the HD650 sound, relatively speaking of course because the HD650 are always fairly intimate headphones. I get the impression that the low end gets a very nice analogue quality to it, while the mids seem to get more air and clarity, and the treble feels sweet. As always, it is a joy to listen to the HD650 and the Inferno seems to synergise very well with these iconic headphones.

Just to note, I am driving the HD650 with the Shanling M8 on “turbo” gain. It is sufficient to drive them properly, but I hope I can also get access to a 4.4mm desktop source.
It’s so pretty 😍

May 31, 2022 at 7:13 AM Post #3,537 of 5,745
It’s so pretty 😍
Yeah, Eric and his team did a great job on it. The Inferno is a proper desktop headphone cable and I love it. It actually makes me want to buy a proper desktop setup because I feel like I am embarrassing it by using the M8. 😂

Jun 1, 2022 at 2:57 AM Post #3,538 of 5,745

Inferno650.JPG

Woah elegant as heck. Im surprised Eric and his team can design something that feels right for Desktop in the first go given they've mostly been in the IEM field.

Btw, Is the actual more pinkish copper than reddish brown copper? I cant wait for it's arrival. How would you say the Inferno's main signature is?

Jun 1, 2022 at 5:13 AM Post #3,539 of 5,745
Woah elegant as heck. Im surprised Eric and his team can design something that feels right for Desktop in the first go given they've mostly been in the IEM field.

Btw, Is the actual more pinkish copper than reddish brown copper? I cant wait for it's arrival. How would you say the Inferno's main signature is?
Yes, I think they did a great job on the cable and really built it from the ground up as a full-size headphone cable.

The colour is pure copper, but the sleeving makes it difficult to capture if the light is not ideal and my picture was a very quick snapshot in bright daylight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back