Electronica Reccomendations
Jan 9, 2008 at 4:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

nin3th

100+ Head-Fier
I'm just looking for some good electronica right now, any at all, any suggestions?

Well, maybe some goa if you have it, but anything is really fine.

Jan 9, 2008 at 4:32 AM Post #2 of 7
What are oyu after exactly, trance wise, look for Dj Doboy online, he has his mixes free online, they are great.

Anything Ministry of Sound is great, also Black Magic Hard Trance Anthems are great as well.

Jan 9, 2008 at 6:35 AM Post #3 of 7
Hmmmm.... I love love love the Global Underground Afterhours series. I have all three volumes. Great mix between techy and funky that I just can't get enough of. I've heard complaints the tracks are too "trendy" but I live in Japan and am way way way out of the loop in regards to music: I just appreciate the good beats.

Jan 9, 2008 at 7:25 AM Post #4 of 7
Hallucinogen - Twisted
Juno Reactor - Beyond the Infinite
Digital Talk - New Age Surf
Infected Mushroom - Classical Mushroom

As for other electronic...
Aphex Twin, Autechre, Boards of Canada are your staples. Start there, play around on AllMusic, stuff like that.

Jan 9, 2008 at 11:45 AM Post #6 of 7
I suggest:

Mystical Sun - Deeperworlds
Kruder & Dorfmeister - DJ-KiCKS
Red Snapper - Making Bones
Theivery Corporation - The Mirror Conspiracy
Tetsu Inoue - World Receiver
Nightmares on Wax - Smoker's Delight
Shpongle - Are you Shpongled?

Also, search. Finding good music on the internet is easy. Everything I listed (with the possible exception of the first) is well-known. Go from there.

Jan 9, 2008 at 12:17 PM Post #7 of 7
The February '08 issue of Mojo magazine (the one with Radiohead on the cover) comes with a sampler CD called Ok Computer that includes fifteen tracks of electronic music. It's not cutting edge (most of the tracks are pretty old) but for the price of admission it's well worth hearing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back