Electronic Music
Jul 30, 2008 at 9:00 PM Post #16 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by MoodySteve /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I use the HD650s with a good amp for hard-hitting electronic music and I'm consistently very pleased with the sound.

To those who prefer the Sonys over the Senns, can you describe the difference you heard?

The Sony has a better presentation of details that makes them impossible to miss. They sound much quicker also. The bass is very tight and detailed. The Sennheiser smooths everything over, sounds lovely, but doesn't sound like it is coming right out the back of a synthesizer.

Jul 31, 2008 at 4:25 AM Post #18 of 23
I agree as well with the SA-5000 and electronic music. I enjoy BT, Chemical Brother's, Paul Oakenfold.... I too have the HD650's and think they are a bit too dark for electronic music. I think you really need a headphone that can reveal the detail and speed of this type of music. The Sony's can do this in spades. It's pretty amazing with the Gilmore V2.

Aug 4, 2008 at 11:03 PM Post #20 of 23
The HP-2 are bit lighter in bass response than the SA-5000's. The HP-2's are extended, but in all honesty the SA-5000's are actually better resolving headphones. In the end, the SA-5000's put it all together much better from low extension all the way through the beautiful midrange to the ultra fast high frequencies. Not be confused with hard or sterile. The Sony's are far from it. The HP-2 are great, but at the end of the day....
they simply do not have the extended dynamic range of the Sony Super Audio designed headphones. The Sony's win.

Aug 5, 2008 at 3:05 AM Post #21 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by moogoob /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I know I'll be lynched but... Grado SR325is.
biggrin.gif
The detailed highs and presentation really make industrial-influenced electronic music feel present and up-front. Complicated synths and textures don't blend together like in other phones I've heard. And twiddled TB-303s sound amazing. Filthy acid techno owns the 325is.

This man knows what he's talking about. Grados are perfect for acid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back