Electronic Music
Jul 29, 2008 at 2:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

M3NTAL

Headphoneus Supremus
Dynamic vs. Electrostatic

My current "kings" of electronic music are the MDR-SA5000.

What is your "king" of electronic genres?

P.S. I listen to stuff like Sasha - John Digweed - Deadmau5 - Anthony Pappa - James Holden - James Zabiela - Bjork - Depeche Mode - etc. etc.

SB3 -> Stereovox XV2 -> Cullen Level IV DLIII -> PCOCC IC -> Cullen GCHA

Jul 29, 2008 at 4:03 AM Post #2 of 23
CIaudio VDA•2 -> Balanced Beta22 -> K501/K1000
cool.gif

I am thinking of getting a SA-5000 too
tongue.gif

Jul 29, 2008 at 7:38 AM Post #5 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by M3NTAL /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dynamic vs. Electrostatic

My current "kings" of electronic music are the MDR-SA5000.

What is your "king" of electronic genres?

P.S. I listen to stuff like Sasha - John Digweed - Deadmau5 - Anthony Pappa - James Holden - James Zabiela - Bjork - Depeche Mode - etc. etc.

SB3 -> Stereovox XV2 -> Cullen Level IV DLIII -> PCOCC IC -> Cullen GCHA

What a good question! Justo to the point.
Exactly the same question is in my head for the past three months. And the answer is Omega II mk2 .
Since I have them I went back to my former love - electronic music. I totally forgot all other genres - jazz, classical, etc. The Omegas Mk2 are the perfect headphones for all electronic genres. Speed, detail, precision, bass control, every aspect concerning the good presentation ot electronic music is just wonderfull. I Highly recommend the O2 mk2 for all lovers of this style!

Jul 29, 2008 at 7:21 PM Post #8 of 23
I've heard the K701.. it was good, but the lack of bass impact really killed it for me. I defiantly don't like "too much" bass, but IMO it was too little.

I don't think the K501 improves on the bass at all (no experience just graphs and what I have read) and possibly has less??

I did try the ATH-W1000, and it was very good for trance, but not really many of the other electronic genres that are deeper and darker. It had a little bit of a weird upper midrange that could sound nasally at times, but beautiful most other times.

Jul 30, 2008 at 1:58 PM Post #12 of 23
I know I'll be lynched but... Grado SR325is.
biggrin.gif
The detailed highs and presentation really make industrial-influenced electronic music feel present and up-front. Complicated synths and textures don't blend together like in other phones I've heard. And twiddled TB-303s sound amazing. Filthy acid techno owns the 325is.

Jul 30, 2008 at 3:15 PM Post #13 of 23
Well I'm a techno guy at heart, and here is my top three:

1. SA5K
2. CD3k
3. 325i

I haven't heard everything though. The Qualia 010 is supposedly the bee's knees for example.

Quote:

Originally Posted by moogoob /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I know I'll be lynched but... Grado SR325is

Not from me. I enjoyed those headphones for everything. In fact, out of the headphones owned, I miss that set the most.

Jul 30, 2008 at 5:03 PM Post #14 of 23
I use the HD650s with a good amp for hard-hitting electronic music and I'm consistently very pleased with the sound.

To those who prefer the Sonys over the Senns, can you describe the difference you heard?

Jul 30, 2008 at 5:27 PM Post #15 of 23
jecklin float electrostats; beats everything from the dt770pro, sr-sigma, ms-1, sr60, ergo2 and PMB 85 DA when it comes to electronic music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back