Electronic Music Exchange (House, DnB, Dubstep, etc.)
Nov 16, 2013 at 4:16 PM Post #5,176 of 6,987
  I'm waiting for the next round of coupon codes to come out on December 2nd to purchase a bunch of tracks I have in my hold bin. In one of the last emails beatport sent me they said that one will be the biggest discount of the year.

I bought those with the 25% discount coupon. Expecting the December 2nd coupon to be 50% off like it was last year. Probably getting some albums, which I rarely buy on Beatport.

Nov 16, 2013 at 6:26 PM Post #5,177 of 6,987
I bought those with the 25% discount coupon. Expecting the December 2nd coupon to be 50% off like it was last year. Probably getting some albums, which I rarely buy on Beatport.
I bought three tracks with the 15% code to unlock the 25% code. Il probably purchase a couple eps and a few singles before December second but when that code comes out I'm panning to purchase a few digital only albums.

Nov 16, 2013 at 10:52 PM Post #5,179 of 6,987
  Just recently found out that a new self-titled album from The Crystal Method is coming out on 1/14 next year. There are some samples from the album here: https://soundcloud.com/the-crystal-method. I'm looking forward to it, sounds better than their last album Divided By Night!

Also some sort of fundraiser where they're giving out some swag: http://fundanything.com/tcm?locale=en

I just saw this yesterday and absolutely cannot wait. I love TCM.

Nov 17, 2013 at 8:21 PM Post #5,182 of 6,987
I've been listening to much more Rap than EDM nowadays but this really struck me as an epic tune (the last drop is fantastic). I think listening to solely EDM for a few years desensitized me to the nature of what I was hearing. I don't think as much good stuff has come out lately but the songs I've liked have been really great.

Nov 18, 2013 at 9:33 AM Post #5,183 of 6,987
 I think listening to solely EDM for a few years desensitized me to the nature of what I was hearing. I don't think as much good stuff has come out lately but the songs I've liked have been really great.

You're not wrong to think that.  A good majority of the EDM being put out these days is unoriginal, uninspiring, and soulless.  We do get some standouts though, and those are the pieces that were inspired, written, masterful pieces.  EDM and Electronic music in general has become oversaturated with mediocre releases, while Rap, which went largely silent for a while, had many good LPs this year.  I feel like 2014 will be a good year for Dance though 
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 18, 2013 at 6:23 PM Post #5,184 of 6,987
HERGBLASH

Nov 18, 2013 at 8:57 PM Post #5,185 of 6,987

New Seven Lions song just came out on OWSLA last night, and I cannot stop listening to it.

Really digging this track off Ed Rec Vol X, which I finally found on cd and had to purchase.

I've liked SCNTST for a while now and this is one of my favorite songs by him.

I saw The Frim live last week on the firepower records tour, and this song was awesome live. Also I got to shake his hand because I was standing at the front on the fence where he was standing during Datsik's set.

Also Apo0th3karY it's awesome that you are back. I was worried about you!
beerchug.gif

Nov 19, 2013 at 3:31 AM Post #5,187 of 6,987
Also Apo0th3karY it's awesome that you are back. I was worried about you!
size]

Aww worried about little ol' me? haha. Here I am. Single so more time to geek out on forums and such. I mostly left to avoid spending more on headphones and accessories. Now that I'm back, I know why I left for so long lol. I'm sticking to the threads of things I own, and this one.

I'll take this opportunity to link up my promo mix on SC I did in the summer. It landed me three gigs in the city, so I can't say it's THAT bad, but I still hear the rough patches and I'm sure most of you here will too lol. One of the first few mixes has a bad drop on my part, for example but it's short and I debated with myself whether or not people will ignore a bad 2nd mix lol. 

I think I'm gonna record and upload a mix of some dubs I have laying around. It'll be a private-ish link, and I'm not naming it, only because it's gonna be all unreleased material. I'm gonna do it now, not like before. That link is the mix that I had been writing intermittently for months (and promised here before my hiatus), but I wanted certain tracks to be released before actually doing the mix, and that will always happen so I had to stop that haha. 

I've also changed my DJ name to Norwegian, fyi, for a bunch of reasons, but it's mainly an inside joke amungst hometown friends and self satisfaction at the same time. Weird I know. 

Nov 20, 2013 at 2:58 AM Post #5,190 of 6,987
I'm sorry I lied. I didn't make that mix. I was having a hard time doing it at low volumes, mostly on headphone cue. I'll do it tomorrow. I got all day. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back