Electronic Music Exchange (House, DnB, Dubstep, etc.)
Jul 6, 2013 at 9:59 AM Post #4,876 of 6,987
new TRUTH track:

and something that found its way into my youtube digest. i kinda ignore them these days, i just havent the time to go through all the videos, but i was intrigued by the groups name (har har im such a silly audiophile...) so i gave it a shot, and i think its actually really good:

edit: there is infact an new truth ep! its called "foundation". theres also a great new phaeleh album out which is called "tides".

Jul 8, 2013 at 3:28 PM Post #4,877 of 6,987
Quote:
edit: there is infact an new truth ep! its called "foundation". theres also a great new phaeleh album out which is called "tides".

I like it, not quite as good as the one before it on Smog though (because who would actually give their favorite tunes to Rottun?).

Some decent Dubba Johnny here, he's been pretty bad for a while but I really like anything with Coma or Koda sooo:

I can't remember if I posted this already but yet another reason to love Teddy Killerz:

Jul 13, 2013 at 10:42 AM Post #4,882 of 6,987
Quote:
I like it, not quite as good as the one before it on Smog though (because who would actually give their favorite tunes to Rottun?).

Some decent Dubba Johnny here, he's been pretty bad for a while but I really like anything with Coma or Koda sooo:

wow thats a good dubba jonny track. i gave up on them a while ago, looks like it was too soon to dismiss them. maybe i should check out what zeds dead are up to while im at it, i gave up on them aswell after they released "hot sauce".
Quote:
This thread's lack of talk about the new BT album out on August 16th is disturbing.

BT? i cant guess it... who is it?

Jul 13, 2013 at 10:51 AM Post #4,883 of 6,987
There's nothing to guess. His name is BT.

One of the most talented people in Electronic music. Makes mostly Trance but has done a lot of Ambient and Downtempo work too. New album is a Trance album for the most part.

Jul 13, 2013 at 11:09 AM Post #4,884 of 6,987
Quote:
There's nothing to guess. His name is BT.

One of the most talented people in Electronic music. Makes mostly Trance but has done a lot of Ambient and Downtempo work too. New album is a Trance album for the most part.

lol... well that explains it anyway... not a big fan of trance. i do like downtempo and ambient though. any specific - not trance - albums i should check out?

Jul 13, 2013 at 12:13 PM Post #4,885 of 6,987
for a limited time only (unspecified) you can buy all of synthetic epiphanys releases for 1 pound (each)
for some reason i cant link his page, only a specific album, so heres a link to his newest release which im downloading right now:
http://syntheticepiphany.bandcamp.com/

Jul 13, 2013 at 8:38 PM Post #4,886 of 6,987
lol... well that explains it anyway... not a big fan of trance. i do like downtempo and ambient though. any specific - not trance - albums i should check out?

Morceau Subrosa was my favorite album of last year. Neo Classical Ambient Soundscapes. It really showed his composition strength. It's one 47 minute track, but there are definitely movements.

This Binary Universe is an excellent downtempo work (one of the best ever, IMO). Has a cool movie to go along with it, too.

Any of his OST work. Stealth, Monster, etc. (mostly Ambient stuff there).

If the Stars are Eternal So are You and I... Is another good one. Downtempo for the most part, and extremely good. Supposedly the 'sequel' to TBU. He even tosses some 'drops' in there for fun. Stand out tracks: Hikari, Our Dark Garden, 13 Angels on My Broken Windowsill

I'd also give These Hopeful Machines a shot. It's classic Trance on some tracks (Rose of Jericho), but the composition and flow of the album are fantastic. It also has some excellent soundscape work involved. A but poppy for some.

Jul 14, 2013 at 5:06 AM Post #4,887 of 6,987
Even though I enjoy several of BT's albums, I have no expectations for the new one because his output tends to be so varied that there's no guarantee I'll like it. I'll probably purchase it regardless, though.

Miyuki released another free EP a few days ago. Nhato's insanely good Eureka is also finally seeing a release next month paired with the track Past and Then. Previews on SoundCloud.

http://miyuki.bandcamp.com/album/kenjutsu-ep

http://soundcloud.com/otographicmusic/sets/nhato-eureka-past-and-then

Jul 14, 2013 at 11:29 AM Post #4,889 of 6,987
Quote:
Morceau Subrosa was my favorite album of last year. Neo Classical Ambient Soundscapes. It really showed his composition strength. It's one 47 minute track, but there are definitely movements.

This Binary Universe is an excellent downtempo work (one of the best ever, IMO). Has a cool movie to go along with it, too.

Any of his OST work. Stealth, Monster, etc. (mostly Ambient stuff there).

If the Stars are Eternal So are You and I... Is another good one. Downtempo for the most part, and extremely good. Supposedly the 'sequel' to TBU. He even tosses some 'drops' in there for fun. Stand out tracks: Hikari, Our Dark Garden, 13 Angels on My Broken Windowsill

I'd also give These Hopeful Machines a shot. It's classic Trance on some tracks (Rose of Jericho), but the composition and flow of the album are fantastic. It also has some excellent soundscape work involved. A but poppy for some.

cheers, ill check it out

edit: hybrid minds are becoming my favorite liquid d&b really quickly

Users who are viewing this thread

Back