Electronic Music Exchange (House, DnB, Dubstep, etc.)
Jun 27, 2013 at 9:50 AM Post #4,861 of 6,987
where did everyone go?

Jun 28, 2013 at 2:08 AM Post #4,863 of 6,987
I've been busy listening to metal (and a bit of other genres) as well. Also been occupied building up a core vinyl collection.

The only track I've purchased from Beatport within almost two months is this, enjoy.

Jun 29, 2013 at 12:18 PM Post #4,865 of 6,987
This just out.

Jun 30, 2013 at 1:13 PM Post #4,867 of 6,987
Quote:
I've been busy listening to metal (and a bit of other genres) as well. Also been occupied building up a core vinyl collection.

The only track I've purchased from Beatport within almost two months is this, enjoy.

i liked that, thanks

Quote:

theres not much that annoys me as much as distortion heavy guitars in electronical music... if its done right it can be cool, but most times it just makes the track sound like a metal song that was slightly remixed.

i dont know if anyone is into this sort of thing, but the UKF summer drum and bass album is out. i think i have all the ukf drum and bass collections since 2010 - its a great thing to put on while cleaning the apartment or while you have friends over and need some dynamic, "neutral taste" music for the background. so far im really liking this one - quite recommended.

heres a track:

Jul 1, 2013 at 4:27 PM Post #4,868 of 6,987
Quote:
heres a track:

That is an excellent tune, the EP on a whole is top notch.

Here's some more ambient/downtempo stuff from Meta, out for free:

Also, there is a new Pretty Lights album out now. I've only listened to a little bit but so far I'm enjoying it quite a bit. As usual with Pretty Lights, it's free

Jul 2, 2013 at 6:22 AM Post #4,870 of 6,987
Quote:

That is an excellent tune, the EP on a whole is top notch.

Here's some more ambient/downtempo stuff from Meta, out for free:

Also, there is a new Pretty Lights album out now. I've only listened to a little bit but so far I'm enjoying it quite a bit. As usual with Pretty Lights, it's free

free ep by meta! cheers mate!

Jul 3, 2013 at 7:18 AM Post #4,872 of 6,987
Quote:
I really like your taste. This is such a good song!
Thank you for the recommendation

Yeah I wouldn't say that it's a song that's catchy in a traditional sense but I can't get it out of my head. Such a good song.

Edit: Check out EDEN from the same producer if you've never heard it.

Jul 4, 2013 at 4:56 AM Post #4,874 of 6,987
Quote:
Yeah I wouldn't say that it's a song that's catchy in a traditional sense but I can't get it out of my head. Such a good song.

Edit: Check out EDEN from the same producer if you've never heard it.

Love it!
If you remember i did ask you some time ago for download link to this song and you helped me find it :)
On a personal note are you form Japan? Because I don't understand a single word but still enjoy it very much
Again thank you for the recommendation

Jul 4, 2013 at 7:41 AM Post #4,875 of 6,987
Quote:
Love it!
If you remember i did ask you some time ago for download link to this song and you helped me find it :)
On a personal note are you form Japan? Because I don't understand a single word but still enjoy it very much
Again thank you for the recommendation

Yes, I remember. And no, I'm not from Japan. I've been there once about ten years ago but I don't speak the language either. I would very much like to learn Japanese at some point but currently my knowledge is limited to just a couple of words.

I've never been one to care all that much about lyrics. There are exceptions of course for in some songs there's hardly anything else of interest than the lyrics. Some songs have actually been partially ruined for me when I realized how horrible the lyrics were even if the music was otherwise really good. This is why I've always enjoyed listening to music that's either instrumental, or sung without words or in a language I can't understand. This helps me concentrate on the emotional component in the singing rather than the content of the words.

Since I'm posting here's another track you might enjoy. It's one of my favorite free tracks released last year. I've mentioned it a few times in this thread but the last time was probably over half a year ago now so here it is again for everyone to enjoy. The link to the free download on SoundCloud can be found in the video description.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back