Electronic Music Exchange (House, DnB, Dubstep, etc.)
Mar 7, 2013 at 4:23 PM Post #4,516 of 6,987
Schiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit:

Mar 7, 2013 at 7:46 PM Post #4,517 of 6,987
Any recommendations on Electro House to check out?
So far I've been getting into Zedd and The M Machine. Particularly enjoy songs like Hourglass, Luma, and Ghosts in the Machine. I definitely tend to favor songs with female vocalists. And while I like Knife Party's Internet Friends, not a big fan of the rest that I've heard.

Fairly new to this subgenre but I used to listen to a lot of futurepop/synthpop/EBM like VNV Nation, Apoptygma Berzerk, and Covenant along with whatever people considered Deine Lakaien and Die Form. Found Zedd from a DJs from Mars Alien Selection release. Been listening to their stuff since the Lady Gaga/Metallica Enter Telephone mashup three years ago.

Mar 8, 2013 at 1:27 AM Post #4,518 of 6,987
Quote:
Any recommendations on Electro House to check out?
So far I've been getting into Zedd and The M Machine. Particularly enjoy songs like Hourglass, Luma, and Ghosts in the Machine. I definitely tend to favor songs with female vocalists. And while I like Knife Party's Internet Friends, not a big fan of the rest that I've heard.

Fairly new to this subgenre but I used to listen to a lot of futurepop/synthpop/EBM like VNV Nation, Apoptygma Berzerk, and Covenant along with whatever people considered Deine Lakaien and Die Form. Found Zedd from a DJs from Mars Alien Selection release. Been listening to their stuff since the Lady Gaga/Metallica Enter Telephone mashup three years ago.

if you like female vocals, promises by nero is decent, raise your weapon by deadmau5 also good, my favorite is in my mind, heard a bit in a kia commercial or something and i was just in love, these are just some songs i found just off the top of my head, there are many many more, a good percent of porter robinsons work has female vocals, here are a few with good vocals, plus one of my favorite songs ever

In My Mind (Axwell Mix)

Promises - Nero (videos kinda funky xP)

Raise Your Weapon - Deadmau5.  I wasnt really into deadmau5 when i first started on electronic music, i went through my skrillex stage, ugh, but after i got over all that, and got into some more chilled out stuff, i really started to like deadmau5, especially his songs that feature vocalists, like this, ghosts and stuff, the veldt, and professional griefers

Language - Porter Robinson.  Not really much vocals, but just a great song, i would definitely recommend, although his other stuff dosnt really live up to this imo

dont want to have a super long post, but also check out some of porter robinsons other stuff, if you like really fast stuff, try maybe pendulum, no female vocalists, but really great stuff, witchcraft by pendulum is always going to be one of my favorite songs.  if you want more chilled out stuff, try deadmau5, and the glitch mob, also check out monstercat medias youtube, http://www.youtube.com/user/MonstercatMedia full of great stuff
(sorry again about the long post)

Mar 8, 2013 at 2:45 AM Post #4,519 of 6,987

Free wav download ^

What a sick remix. Love the bounciness:

Mar 8, 2013 at 2:24 PM Post #4,521 of 6,987
Leonard Hummer, the composer for the coming indie FPS tower defence game Sanctum 2, has an album on Bandcamp priced at 'name your price'.

http://leonardhummer.bandcamp.com

Mar 10, 2013 at 9:20 AM Post #4,528 of 6,987
Quote:
Note to newcomers: This thread has been around for quite awhile. If you want to be 'up to date' I'd probably look at the last 10 pages or so.

I swear if I ever see stupid genre arguments in this thread I'm going to flip.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

-----

-----
So, I figured I'd start this thread. There's a music recommendation thread up, but I've noticed most of it isn't in the vein of music I'm looking for.

My life pretty much revolves around the latest releases in Drum n Bass, Electro House, Hardcore, Trance, Dance, etc. I'm always on the hunt for new music.

If you're new to the EDM scene these albums are a great place to start.

Artist/Album/Genre (Update 2/11/12)
[I try to keep this list balanced between as many genres as I can. Try them out and then ask for more of what you enjoyed]

- Blackmill / Miracle / Dubstep
- Skream / Skream / Dubstep
- Feint / Clockwork Hearts EP / Drum n Bass
- Metrik / The Departure / Drum n Bass
- Camo & Krooked / Cross the Line / Drum n Bass
- Moby / Destroyed / Downtempo
- Porter Robinson / Spitfire EP / Electro House
- BT / These Hopeful Machines / Trance & Glitch
- Crystal Method / Vegas / Big Beat
- Pendulum / Immersion / Drum n Bass
- Feed Me / Feed Me's Big Adventure / Electro House
- Logistics / Now More Than Ever / Drum n Bass
- NOISIA / Split the Atom / Drum n Bass
- Deadmau5 / 4x4=12 / Electro House
- Dub FX / Everythinks a Ripple / Experimental Hip-Hop
- Netsky / Netsky / Drum n Bass
- PPK / Russian Trance Formation / Trance
- Glitch Mob / Drink the Sea / Glitch
- Pretty Lights / Making Up a Changing Mind / Glitch
- Gemini / Graduation EP / Dubstep
- KOAN Sound / Funk Blaster EP / Dubstep
- Burial / Untrue / Downtempo Dubstep
- Spor / Supernova EP / Drum n Bass
- BT / This Binary Universe / Downtempo

I just found this! Thank you MT for starting this thread! I have listened to electronic music since the 90's when I went back to Europe to study. I dont know anyone here in DC that shares my love for this type of music here in DC! my wife and all of our friends listen to rock, which is fine, but i feel very removed from the e-muic scene, especially compared to how in the know I was when in Germany. I cannot wait to get thought this thread and see what I have been missing on the scene!

Mar 10, 2013 at 12:20 PM Post #4,529 of 6,987
About to pop on the new Autechre full LP: Exai (Travis, box set is out). Some people it's the best yet! Oversteps was a religious experience for me. That and ISAM were truly revelations. 

Mar 10, 2013 at 12:33 PM Post #4,530 of 6,987
Quote:
About to pop on the new Autechre full LP: Exai (Travis, box set is out). Some people it's the best yet! Oversteps was a religious experience for me. That and ISAM were truly revelations. 

L3000.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back