Electronic Music Exchange (House, DnB, Dubstep, etc.)
Mar 3, 2013 at 9:52 AM Post #4,486 of 6,987
Quote:

...I don't know if you intended this, but all those tracks sound like they'll mix quite well, and in the order they're in too. ESPECIALLY the last two tracks. I'm not that good of a DJ that I can do such quick multigenre/bpm mixing, but I'm tempted to give it go just to see if I can.

No problem. I didn't consider similarity when I was posting those, they were just the tracks that were tickling my fancy.

Mar 3, 2013 at 9:55 AM Post #4,487 of 6,987
Quote:
when is the new daft punk album releasing?

I don't know, but this video aired during the last Saturday night live and the guitar being played has to be Nile Rodgers, so it can only be soon if they're teasing like this.

Mar 3, 2013 at 12:05 PM Post #4,488 of 6,987
this was going to be a nice post with quotes and stuff, but then my computer crashed, and im too lazy to go again.

but who was it that said people on this thread dont like downtempo stuff? i strongly disagree =] ive seen links to the likes of burial and soular order, i personally linked hol baumann (by far one of my favorite producers), solar fields and synthetic epiphany. id go as far as saying that at the moment, downtempo stuff is my favorite. i even went as far as getting the entire solar fileds discography with a gift card i got for amazon. its just that its a specific type of downtempo that i like, and i dont really know what name to give it. if it doesnt have too many dance/house elements, has a healthy sub-bass rumble and a kinda trippy quality, chances are ill like it. for example, heres a link to soundcloud where you can listen to an ep called "from the vaults" by "phaeleh". perhaps not the most astounding release ever, but i do like it, and its available for free download if you join their mailing list.

https://soundcloud.com/phaeleh/sets/from-the-vaults-ep-free 

edit: this is such a treat

Mar 3, 2013 at 5:20 PM Post #4,492 of 6,987
Can anyone recommend some artists similar to Feed Me? I've been looking for a while, but I haven't been able to find anyone able to match how catchy and anthemic his music is...

I know this was posted about ten pages ago, but I'll do it again because it's currently my favourite song.

Mar 3, 2013 at 5:58 PM Post #4,493 of 6,987
Quote:
Can anyone recommend some artists similar to Feed Me? I've been looking for a while, but I haven't been able to find anyone able to match how catchy and anthemic his music is...

I know this was posted about ten pages ago, but I'll do it again because it's currently my favourite song.

The latest EP from The M Machine is not only amazing but also reminds me of Feed Me. Death by robot is probably my least favorite song from him though so my suggestion might not work for you.

Mar 3, 2013 at 7:55 PM Post #4,495 of 6,987
Thanks for the suggestions! I'm loving both of them. 

Quote:

Have you heard of MitiS?

Quote:

The latest EP from The M Machine is not only amazing but also reminds me of Feed Me. Death by robot is probably my least favorite song from him though so my suggestion might not work for you.

Although Death By Robot is my favourite, I like all his music, so it's all good!   
L3000.gif

Mar 4, 2013 at 2:09 PM Post #4,498 of 6,987
Quote:
I just discovered Idiotape yesterday, and I'm hooked. I found out Amazon has their CD, so I will be ordering it later this week!
beyersmile.png

Nice. These guys kind of remind of a Finnish electronic group called Aavikko - probably mainly because of the live drummer. I don't currently have a credit card at my disposal so I haven't been placing CD orders online recently. When I get around to placing my next order these guys might be a valid candidate, although there's a ton of other albums on my wish list right now.

Mar 4, 2013 at 5:57 PM Post #4,499 of 6,987
Quote:
This tune is fantastic, as well as the original:

Also, dat rolling subbass makes this song beautiful:

you know, i dont think ive ever seen a post of yours in here that didnt carry links to really great music - cheers!

i really liked the koven remix, i think i still like the original better, but ive noticed ill usually prefer the first version of a song i listen to, so maybe its just that.
the fij track was great aswell, i recall i got two of his eps and was very unimpressed by them, with the exception of 1 or 2 songs in each. has he released anything more recant thats noteworthy in your opinion? because so far, i prefer his youtube channel to his actual music.

Mar 4, 2013 at 8:02 PM Post #4,500 of 6,987
Quote:
you know, i dont think ive ever seen a post of yours in here that didnt carry links to really great music - cheers!

i really liked the koven remix, i think i still like the original better, but ive noticed ill usually prefer the first version of a song i listen to, so maybe its just that.
the fij track was great aswell, i recall i got two of his eps and was very unimpressed by them, with the exception of 1 or 2 songs in each. has he released anything more recant thats noteworthy in your opinion? because so far, i prefer his youtube channel to his actual music.

Thanks man, appreciate it a bunch. Koven's remix for Hadouken comes in this month which is exciting as well. I love his channel too (tons of unique stuff), but I think he has gotten better lately (besides this tune, his Living, Laughing, and Dying EP was my favorite). 

I don't know if anybody has posted this yet, but I just found out about the tune and I find this remix much better than the original:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back