Electronic Music Exchange (House, DnB, Dubstep, etc.)
Feb 18, 2013 at 11:08 PM Post #4,441 of 6,987
Quote:

I just love bass, what can I say, and the M-100 with some EQing delivers NICE bass in DROVES

that yt link is broken. It works in the quote oddly enough :/

To be honest, I don't want another coloured headphone, I'm more interested in a home studio monitor headphone. And given the LCD-2 is used by some of my favourite producers for their tunes, and the AlphaDogs are the poor mans LCD-2, I think that says a lot about the quality of the AlphaDogs. I'd go for the HD650 but it's also more expensive, for nto muc gain in quality.... But it IS a masterpiece of a headphone. Everytime I oogle the wall at BBR, the HD650 always makes me stop in the moment. That's what I almost expect from the AlphaDogs. 

I've also been told the new pads are easier to drive, so I'm banking on my BH doing the trick, in high gain and on output 1 I'll have to experiment with the settings..

Oh, how's the bass and treble extension? Actually, let me know how the tracks in my signature hold up :wink: No EQ. 

The Alphas hold up just fine. They are able to fully take care of both songs. I think the Quantum Soul track may be better engineered, I know I had an issue on that song with my CALs no such issue this time around. The bass is odd on the High Contrast track, like it wants to be lower then really is, nope there is the sub bass. It is there just isn't front and center. Both are very complex tracks with a lot going on, and there wasn't anything I could point out that seemed missing or out of place. Bass is quick and tight, they are a very fast headphone so nothing seems to drone on.
I am trying like hell to find a fault with them and I can't. Nothing is trying to be front and center. Maybe the upper mids but that is just being nit picky. The flute/pan flute whatever that sound is on the Quantum track is the most forward thing in the track, is that normal?

Feb 18, 2013 at 11:19 PM Post #4,442 of 6,987
I'd say so. Other than the percussion, which is also pretty forward. 

OH! I have another one... It has female vocals, sax, guitar, it's a super busy track, I have full confident the AlphaDogs will hold up but how does the sax and guitar sound in this track? Is there any sibilance in her voice?

I've posted the video link before as well as it had a home in my sig for a while, so I'll just link it here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6q4-twGGXk

Feb 19, 2013 at 12:44 AM Post #4,443 of 6,987
The sax and guitar sound fine no clipping or distortion I could find. Nope there is no sibilance in her voice with my setup. Another great track man.

I felt the need to post something old, NSFW and wonderfully disturbing. 

Feb 19, 2013 at 3:32 AM Post #4,444 of 6,987
I listened to some Modestep a few weeks back, and must say I enjoy a few songs - Show Me a Sign, Sunlight, and To The Stars were three very good sounding tracks. I purchased the CD from Amazon, but it's delayed shipping... :frowning2: Just throwing those songs out there.

Feb 19, 2013 at 10:14 AM Post #4,447 of 6,987
Quote:
A few tracks I have been listening to today!

Good tunes.

Quote:
I listened to some Modestep a few weeks back, and must say I enjoy a few songs - Show Me a Sign, Sunlight, and To The Stars were three very good sounding tracks. I purchased the CD from Amazon, but it's delayed shipping... :frowning2: Just throwing those songs out there.

The album had some pretty good stuff on it, I like the remixes better than most of their original stuff but still very good.

Also, new M Machine is out, and fantastic. Can't get over the scale of this song:

Feb 19, 2013 at 1:19 PM Post #4,449 of 6,987
Quote:

Yeah AlphaPads are the name for the new pads that MrSpeakers has for the MadDog mod, and I dunno, I guess instead of saying "MadDogs with the new AlphaPads", I'm just gonna marry the two into 'AlphaDogs'. I'm sure that's not the official name MrSpeakers has given his mod, but it's easier. 

just saw mikes (hifiguy528) interview with MrSpeakers about the new pads - looking good. 

Quote:

I forgot about Solar Fields, thanks for that. :)

im falling in love with this [movements] cd, its fantastic!

heres a track i found interesting:

Feb 20, 2013 at 2:27 PM Post #4,450 of 6,987
So normally I been listening to these songs you guys post on my desktop speakers mostly out of pure laziness.  My lappy has the better motherboard sound quality so I hook the Beyers and E11 to that, and its also where I have iTunes installed since I refuse to install iTunes on my gaming rig.  But I surf with an old gaming rig so that's where the speakers come into play.  It's only a 2.1 setup and they're cheap speakers that came with a Dell machine (before I started building my own PCs) but the clarity is insane.  I would easily have to spend $300+ to find a pair of PC speakers better than them and the sub is pretty decent too.

With all this headphone talk though I had to fire up the Beyers because well let's face it, unless you have a really nice speaker setup (and 2.1 isn't going to cut it) you can't match the soundstage of a nice quality headphone.   I listened to the last 3 pages or so of this thread and holy hell on the Skream - Exothermic Reaction song! 
basshead.gif
   I should have cut the gain down on the E11, but I didn't want to lose it.   That song with the Beyers litterally sounded like the ocean was lashing its whip in front of me and the dub wub gave it a 3D effect.   The other songs got a huge boost too but that song was on a completely different level with the DT990s.  That ocean whip was... WOW.   Mind = exothermic reaction.

Quote:

im falling in love with this [movements] cd, its fantastic!

heres a track i found interesting

Come to think of it, I don't own that one.   I'm gonna have to fix that.

There were some parts of that track I enjoyed and other parts kinda ruined it

Feb 21, 2013 at 10:12 AM Post #4,452 of 6,987
Quote:
So normally I been listening to these songs you guys post on my desktop speakers mostly out of pure laziness.  My lappy has the better motherboard sound quality so I hook the Beyers and E11 to that, and its also where I have iTunes installed since I refuse to install iTunes on my gaming rig.  But I surf with an old gaming rig so that's where the speakers come into play.  It's only a 2.1 setup and they're cheap speakers that came with a Dell machine (before I started building my own PCs) but the clarity is insane.  I would easily have to spend $300+ to find a pair of PC speakers better than them and the sub is pretty decent too.

With all this headphone talk though I had to fire up the Beyers because well let's face it, unless you have a really nice speaker setup (and 2.1 isn't going to cut it) you can't match the soundstage of a nice quality headphone.   I listened to the last 3 pages or so of this thread and holy hell on the Skream - Exothermic Reaction song! 
basshead.gif
   I should have cut the gain down on the E11, but I didn't want to lose it.   That song with the Beyers litterally sounded like the ocean was lashing its whip in front of me and the dub wub gave it a 3D effect.   The other songs got a huge boost too but that song was on a completely different level with the DT990s.  That ocean whip was... WOW.   Mind = exothermic reaction.

Come to think of it, I don't own that one.   I'm gonna have to fix that.

There were some parts of that track I enjoyed and other parts kinda ruined it

skream is a master. i call him "father dubstep" =]

which albums do you have? i imagine ill want some more by solar fields pretty soon.

Feb 21, 2013 at 4:06 PM Post #4,453 of 6,987
Been listening to John Digweed's Live in London. 4-disc set of deep, progressive and tech house. Just fantastic. 

Feb 23, 2013 at 5:43 AM Post #4,454 of 6,987
Feb 23, 2013 at 8:13 AM Post #4,455 of 6,987
Bah, 10 hours of work left until I can shoot up to chicago for Gramatik tonight. Can not wait...

I listened to some Modestep a few weeks back, and must say I enjoy a few songs - Show Me a Sign, Sunlight, and To The Stars were three very good sounding...

These guys are coming to town In a few months. I cant wait to check them out live as i heard they put on a really good live show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back