Electronic Music Exchange (House, DnB, Dubstep, etc.)
Oct 30, 2012 at 4:14 PM Post #3,586 of 6,987
Quote:

The Shingo Nakamura remix is also really nice. I linked that near the end of the summer. Not sure if Shingo has ever made a bad remix actually.

Silk Digital and all of their sister labels release very high quality stuff. I just bought four more releases from them, in fact, two of them chill out and the other two progressive trance. Alex Golovanov, who is better known as Mango and uses his Shoreliners alias on this release, is actually the person who scouts new talent for Silk, which explains why they have so many incredible releases from previously unknown producers. The other person responsible for this collab track is Derek Silvester who is better known as Dezza. I really like his style and will definitely be linking some more of his originals and remixes in the future (I've already linked Xafilah and the remix by Schodt).

I was actually contemplating posting the Shingo Nakumura remix as opposed to the original mix but I figured post the original because it could be used as a line of inquiry to the remix, they're in a similar vein anyway. Thanks for the info, I haven't really been paying that much attention to the label as a whole but that song did grab my ear.

Oct 30, 2012 at 4:19 PM Post #3,587 of 6,987
Since I mentioned Dezza, here's Urban Breathe's remix of Adelina which is named after Dezza's wife. Things get very interesting after the one minute mark, so those who don't like the intro all that much should have some patience because good things often come to those who wait.

Oct 31, 2012 at 1:21 AM Post #3,591 of 6,987
Quote:
I linked this a few pages back. It's pretty upsetting how easy it is to pick out each producer's contribution. 

Doesn't even sound like a collab. Sounds like a mash up of remixes.

Darn, I had a vibe that someone already posted this. I tried using the search function but I realized it doesn't exactly work with links. 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTJsafL978A

Oct 31, 2012 at 9:33 AM Post #3,592 of 6,987
Necessary - Galgeberg/Gimle

Eclectic and excellent album. Download available http://www.weltschmerzindustries.com/downloads.htm

The only two tracks I could find online are with rapping, but are not really representative as most is without rapping.

Nice write up here: http://thequietus.com/articles/08437-necessary-interview-with-tony-wilson

"It's hard to parse what's going on when you listen to Necessary's new album Galgeberg/Gimle. And not just on the first play either, but on the tenth or the fifteenth as well. On hearing the first side of this double album you encounter heavy breaks, turntablism, bass music, hauntological synth work, drum and bass, hip hop, chopped and screwed rap, industrial, choral and funk, but this is no zany Ween-style parade of pastiche or uptight muso muscle flexing session. Not only are all these styles played with an intimacy that gives lie to any suggestion of dilettantism, but they are combined in surprising, provocative and unsettling ways."

Oct 31, 2012 at 12:38 PM Post #3,594 of 6,987
Some MAKOTRAX.

Oct 31, 2012 at 5:54 PM Post #3,597 of 6,987
Quote:

awsome

Quote:

Best dog walking music ever. Seriously. On a nice, crisp morning like this. Absolutely perfect.

really? i admit im not a koan sound fan, but because i liked "introvert" so much i thought id get the ep and it just reminded me why i dont like them... introvert is a brilliant song though

Quote:
Some MAKOTRAX.

this is really cool, thanks

some liquid dnb

Oct 31, 2012 at 6:16 PM Post #3,598 of 6,987
heres another good one, not sure about the genre but its mellow and symphonic. i liked it alot. this really is a great channel btw, i recommend it warmyl warmly, big ups to Lazysloth07 once more

Nov 1, 2012 at 1:46 AM Post #3,599 of 6,987
I've never been disappointed by a KOAN Sound song. I love those guys. One of the most original sounds on the scene right now, IMO. Sly Fox is one of my favorites. I love the smooth jazz into crushing style of the song.

Quote:
really? i admit im not a koan sound fan, but because i liked "introvert" so much i thought id get the ep and it just reminded me why i dont like them... introvert is a brilliant song though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back