Electronic Music Exchange (House, DnB, Dubstep, etc.)
Sep 27, 2012 at 1:05 AM Post #3,226 of 6,987
Haven't visited this thread in... well, too long, but here's an old electro favorite that may or may not have been mentioned before:

Sep 27, 2012 at 3:53 AM Post #3,227 of 6,987
my favorite RWC track (aka shingo dj)  track is based off a video game  (melty blood ) 

also  i live 4 hours away from Aaron funk (V-snares) 

and classical styled breakcore!  

Sep 27, 2012 at 4:52 PM Post #3,228 of 6,987
Quote:

Sorry I have been so late responding, I have been very busy. Love the 880s for every genre of electronic music I have heard. When I first researched the 880s I came across several experienced posters who felt the 880s were tops for electronica and I can't disagree. The only down side is power (if you go 600ohm model). They aren't efficient 96 or 91db I think so you need some juice. I have an E11 and it can't power them at all, however if your speaking about say the 80ohm version I use a DT770 80ohms with my E11 and they are very well powered. The 880s are brilliant and without a doubt are killer for electronica. The 880s have a fast, and realistic feel for most everything, plenty of detail without being so very revealing meaning I don't find them analytical. I have no problem recommending them to anybody. If you do go that route I would love to hear your impressions. I know at a meet early this year I brought my rig and a head-fier there was so impressed that he bought a set within a few days for his Bottlehead Crack with Speedball. Cheers.

Nice, well I got the 250 Ohm version AND I do NOT have an E11 I have a cMoy 2x9V BB so it's got a bit more power than the E11 I think, that's awesome to hear that it can handle eletronic ^^ The big Sub bass from the cMoy should be nice, although I hear that the mids are Slighty recessesed, but I'm sure as you've said they should do fine~

Still that cMoy BB should really make em sing! Seeing as I got the BIGGEST one the sell! 

Sep 27, 2012 at 9:00 PM Post #3,229 of 6,987
Krewella - I Can't Control Myself

They totally killed it on this track. Excellence. They will be in AUSTIN with Benny Benassi on Wednesday Oct 17th at Emo's East, Travis. You should go!

Sep 27, 2012 at 9:06 PM Post #3,230 of 6,987
Here is another very sick cut from Pitch Black, really made for toasty volume levels.

Sep 27, 2012 at 9:18 PM Post #3,231 of 6,987
Another sweet track by Bluetech, a remix of Schulman's First Came The Stars.

Sep 27, 2012 at 9:19 PM Post #3,232 of 6,987
Krewella can draw a very strange crowd. It's on my list of possible shows to go see but I've asked off for so many days recently that it might not be possible. 

Quite a few good shows hitting Emos soon. Grimes, Krewella & Benassi, Crystal Castles & Health, Sphongle, Zedd & 12th Planet...

Wow. Even Nightwish & Kamelot.

Quote:
Krewella - I Can't Control Myself
They totally killed it on this track. Excellence. They will be in AUSTIN with Benny Benassi on Wednesday Oct 17th at Emo's East, Travis. You should go!

Sep 27, 2012 at 9:31 PM Post #3,234 of 6,987
By far my favorite dubstep/DnB/electronic genre song (I guess its DnB technically) And I guess it's kind of un known. I can't find decent quality downloads for any of his other stuff if anyone has links it would be great!

Sep 28, 2012 at 1:03 AM Post #3,235 of 6,987

Not a usual DJ Shadow song but its pretty sick. I'm glad I found this gem.

Sep 28, 2012 at 9:19 AM Post #3,236 of 6,987
Quote:

Not a usual DJ Shadow song but its pretty sick. I'm glad I found this gem.

Nice, I like the beat mellow but a little bright to!

Sep 28, 2012 at 11:01 AM Post #3,237 of 6,987
Quote:

"Everything that Fred V and Graphix touch turn to gold"

+1

Quote:
Sorry, I'm going to jump in here without reading the whole thread (I don't have that much spare time!) and ask if anyone's made, or asked for any recommendations for "old school" drum n'bass?

I have really wide taste in music but had a few years of being totally obsessed by Dn'B in its golden period (I was doing quite a bit of amateur DnB production then too): huge fan of Teebee, Matrix, Photek and Klute, most classic RAM, Virus, Hospital etc...late 90s-ish.

I know America was a little late in discovering Dn'B so is anyone else here still listening to this period, or am I alone?? (I actually searched the thread for "Optical" and only had hits for "optical or coax"
blink.gif
)

old school drum and bass? you mean like andy c and black sun empire?

Quote:
Nice, well I got the 250 Ohm version AND I do NOT have an E11 I have a cMoy 2x9V BB so it's got a bit more power than the E11 I think, that's awesome to hear that it can handle eletronic ^^ The big Sub bass from the cMoy should be nice, although I hear that the mids are Slighty recessesed, but I'm sure as you've said they should do fine~

Still that cMoy BB should really make em sing! Seeing as I got the BIGGEST one the sell! 

just got a 2*9V cmoy bb from jds for my taking-ages-to-arrive dt770 (250 ohm), its so cool!

Quote:

also  i live 4 hours away from Aaron funk (V-snares) 

thats one of my favorite videos, for one of my favorite breakbeat songs, from one of my favorite breakbeat artists

Quote:
Another sweet track by Bluetech, a remix of Schulman's First Came The Stars.

awsome!

i dont remember if iv posted this here yet, but i really like this remix so ill put it up non the less. 

edit: the video wont work for some reason... heres a link to youtube, its an unquote remix of a blu mar ten song...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kn9LC6odR_c

Sep 28, 2012 at 11:12 AM Post #3,238 of 6,987
Here's a few UKF Dub blasts from the past. 

Not normally a fan of Doctor P, but this remix blew it up. ******* love Example.

10 MILLION views on a C&K remix. Not one of my favorites, but that's impressive.

Sep 28, 2012 at 11:21 AM Post #3,239 of 6,987
Quote:

you mean like andy c and black sun empire?

just got a 2*9V cmoy bb from jds for my taking-ages-to-arrive dt770 (250 ohm), its so cool!

awsome!

That's good to hear! How does the cMoy do with Mid bass? I have some Black Sun Empire songs but since my cans LACK MID BASS, it's not as enjoyble as I'd like... I'm hoping the dt 880 will fix that >.> 

Sep 28, 2012 at 11:37 AM Post #3,240 of 6,987
Quote:
Here's a few UKF Dub blasts from the past. 

Not normally a fan of Doctor P, but this remix blew it up. ******* love Example.

10 MILLION views on a C&K remix. Not one of my favorites, but that's impressive.

is it just me who cant listen to the youtube videos? if i click on the video it tells me "this video is unavailable" and if i click on the "watch it on youtube" button it just takes me to youtube without the video... 

Quote:
That's good to hear! How does the cMoy do with Mid bass? I have some Black Sun Empire songs but since my cans LACK MID BASS, it's not as enjoyble as I'd like... I'm hoping the dt 880 will fix that >.> 

i dont know XD the headphones wont be here for still a couple more weeks... because of tax issues, ordering things over 75 dollars from the internet would cost me a fortune in taxes so im waiting for a friend whos in the US to come back together with my headphones... been waiting fro quite a while actually.

i understand that the 770s arent that good for bass, wich is upsetting because i originally decided on getting them because i thought that they WERE. however, this should be easily correctable with some equalization. wich just leaves getting an equalizer and learning how to use it >_<

theres a couple of posts on head-fi about this but i havnt payed them much attention yet because i want to get the cans first before i start messing about - kinda like its rude to add salt to your food before youv tasted it. if you catch my drift...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back