Electronic Music Exchange (House, DnB, Dubstep, etc.)
Jul 7, 2012 at 6:03 PM Post #2,806 of 6,987
Alright EDM fans. These are both officially must listen albums (just like the rest of his stuff, what a shocker). For one...If the Stars are Eternal So Are You and I make amazing use of dynamic range. That alone makes it a good album considering how little of that there is in EDM.

Also, the first track (13 Angels On My Broken Windowsill) will blow your mind at about 8 minutes...Something you'd never expect (at least I didn't) happens. Let me know what you think. :wink:

EDIT: WARNING...If you crank up within the first 4 minutes of the track for the love of god turn it down around that time or you'll do damage. Dial in your max volume 4 minutes in and let it go.

Jul 7, 2012 at 7:56 PM Post #2,807 of 6,987
It is very, very good. I can pretty much concur with all your statements Morbid.

Also:

Jul 8, 2012 at 1:37 PM Post #2,808 of 6,987

New Birdy Nam Nam EP dropping in a week with a promising sounding remix from Skrillex (Pft) so we'll see how that pans out.

Also...This **** is free. Go get it.

Huge.

Oh, and that Asa mix is amazing...Sorrow is a name I'm looking more into now.

Jul 8, 2012 at 4:34 PM Post #2,809 of 6,987
Quote:
Anon is another artist to look into. He's done some really cool remixes of more modern songs that work really well. High energy synths more so than usual in HH stuff. Usually solid vocals.

Anon is a group of guys, mainly from nukleaz, that all release under anon because they don't actually license the songs they remix.  Which is why they are all dj promos and not licensed for sale.

Jul 8, 2012 at 4:40 PM Post #2,810 of 6,987
Yeah, I get that, and it's kind of unfortunate. They're great remixes.

Quote:

Anon is a group of guys, mainly from nukleaz, that all release under anon because they don't actually license the songs they remix.  Which is why they are all dj promos and not licensed for sale.

Jul 8, 2012 at 6:03 PM Post #2,811 of 6,987
I've never posted in this thread before or even taken a look to see what goes on here, but I did check the last ten to fifteen pages and didn't notice any videos related to Nhato, so here's a couple of tracks from his debut album. Every track on the album is quite different from the others but still they manage to form a coherent whole. Nhato was born in 1987 and has studied music theory for four years at the university. It'll be interesting to see how his style evolves as the years go by.

Jul 8, 2012 at 11:05 PM Post #2,813 of 6,987

Quote:
Yeah, I get that, and it's kind of unfortunate. They're great remixes.

What other examples you like by Anon? I must admit I didn't give them a fair chance with that Sun song. Heh.

Also, maybe this is just nostalgia talking, but I really doubt this was posted anywhere in this topic, but I love it <_< Maybe other's who love CBDF as much as me will enjoy this. Looong intro.

Not sure what it's classified as, sounds like typical raver dance music.

@Morbid: Been listening to S3RL tracks. It's actually really sad / cheesy. He's like a hardcore bass hunter...*sigh*

P.S. Go to AMAZON, Redeem this code: HEARTMP3 - You get free $2 towards mp3s!!

Jul 8, 2012 at 11:37 PM Post #2,814 of 6,987
I've been on a serious SKiSM tear lately. Me and my friend almost blew out his dad's car speakers with Rave Review. I really like his latest work:

Last month was pretty awesome for releases, besides a couple this month it should be pretty lackluster. 

Time to enjoy my music 
L3000.gif

Edit:

Whoops, forgot that the X Rated Remix album is coming out sometime soon...

Jul 9, 2012 at 2:59 PM Post #2,815 of 6,987
Quote:
First track was really underwhelming but the last 2 were really nice. Second one being my favorite. Very nice Epic Trance tune.

I'm not surprised that you liked Moonquake the most out of the three; it's the track majority of people would probably choose if they were asked to pick just one track from the album. It's also probably the most straight forward track on the album and sounds very akin to Hiroyuki ODA's other works. Personally I think it's a bit too 'safe' and that both Nhato and ODA have made better trance tracks in the past, but there's absolutely nothing wrong with it and it's definitely one of the highlights.

Although posting on the internet is free, it would feel to me like a wasted opportunity to not embed something to this message, so here are two tracks by Symbion Project. The first one is from the album Misery in Soliloquy and the second is the same track from another album which contains the same songs, but without main vocals and drums creating an entirely different atmosphere.

Jul 9, 2012 at 3:13 PM Post #2,816 of 6,987
I thought this was pretty entertaining.  I've seen a lot of these types of videos, but never one this well done.

Jul 10, 2012 at 8:48 AM Post #2,819 of 6,987
Dubstep thread :D

So, I've devoted a good part of the past year to studying audio engineering and production. And, finally, I'm just about comfortable enough to start producing. Another month of working with Ableton, probably create a "practice" track, and I hope I'll be getting stuff out. Really excited :D

I've been listening to dubstep for a long, long time and I feel like I have enough of a "mature" relationship with it that I know exactly what I want to work along.
I'm on my phone right now, so linking some songs I like is impossible. But, check out Mitis - Identity. It's one of my favorites and is kind of the style I'm focusing on. Check out all Mitis' tunes. He covers dubstep, house, basically the whole edm scene doing all different styles. His song "Elevation" is like house + dubstep. Housestep :p

Wooooo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back