Electronic Music Exchange (House, DnB, Dubstep, etc.)
Jun 2, 2012 at 4:15 PM Post #2,612 of 6,987
Quote:

This is so great.  Love it.  

More Hackman-

http://soundcloud.com/deadplaterecords/hackman-bluto-what-matters-rob-da-bank

Jun 2, 2012 at 5:43 PM Post #2,613 of 6,987
Jun 3, 2012 at 4:33 PM Post #2,616 of 6,987
Quote:
i totally agree, altrough i'm so curious where those vocals came from, i know i've heard them in a essential mix (jamie xx?)

So am I!  I don't know about you, but I think I've noticed that the vocals Hackman uses in that tune and on the Close EP seem to be the same vocalist, or at least they sound alot alike.    

I haven't heard that jamie xx essential mix but if it's the same style of house, with those types of vocal hooks I'm all over it.  Downloading it right now as a matter of fact.  
L3000.gif
  Thanks for the recommendation!  

Jun 3, 2012 at 4:51 PM Post #2,617 of 6,987
Quote:

So am I!  I don't know about you, but I think I've noticed that the vocals Hackman uses in that tune and on the Close EP seem to be the same vocalist, or at least they sound alot alike.    

I haven't heard that jamie xx essential mix but if it's the same style of house, with those types of vocal hooks I'm all over it.  Downloading it right now as a matter of fact.  
L3000.gif
  Thanks for the recommendation!  

yeah if you like that mix we should keep contact cuz i'm really into that scene right now..

Jun 4, 2012 at 1:09 AM Post #2,618 of 6,987
One of my favorites of all time. Lots of people don't really like it, especially until the drop. oh well. I was hesitant linking this one due to its lack of mass appeal.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Some of my favorites off my recent history on YouTube. 

Jun 4, 2012 at 2:07 AM Post #2,620 of 6,987

Originally Posted by loremipsum

Make sure you check out his first album as well. It's my favorite album.

Overall, I believe that Crying Over Pros for No Reason is a very well-done album and is better than Certified Air Raid Material; in this album, I feel as if though Ma sacrificed his signature sound for a more acid hip-hop sound. Oddly enough, I feel that the stand-out songs from Certified Air Raid Material outshine every song on Crying Over Pros for No Reason; especially, -- of course, the eponymous Certified Air Raid Material -- and in descending order of quality: Battling Go-Go Yubari in Downtown L.A.; Straight Heat; and The Sirens. 

Poignant, glitchy, cacophony! 

Jun 4, 2012 at 3:59 AM Post #2,623 of 6,987
Quote:

papaverhybirdum Awesome name! Interesting song. I couldn't help but Google and see that this poppy is bred for a high thebaine content; looks like some good stuff, I'm into the thebaine-derived Opana when I'm feeling a nod (pretty rare these days, thank God); however, I wish I had the access to something more . . . natural. 
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

There is an awesome "tweak" by Todd Edwards to Little Boots' new single which was released about two weeks ago. It's been a long time since she has put out material. There will be an accompanying music video soon enough. I really like the jam and it's so appropriate for Head-Fi! "Headphones"

Find me in a crowd of silhouettes 
Dancing to a beat that's in my head 
I wear my Headphones at the disco 
And nobody ever has to know 

Jun 4, 2012 at 1:09 PM Post #2,624 of 6,987
From all the way back in ancient 2008, but still one of my all-time favorite dubstep tunes.  The vocals & harmony have always seemed positively transcendent to me.  If by some miracle you haven't heard this, wait for them.

And in a slightly similar vein, but released a few days ago-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back