Electronic Music Exchange (House, DnB, Dubstep, etc.)
Apr 6, 2012 at 9:51 PM Post #2,296 of 6,987

Quote:
And in case you guys missed it (saw no one mention it) Mord Fustang dropped a new EP last month, too.

haha i mentioned that days ago but i guess no one saw it, i like welcome back to the future more out of the rest of the tracks

Apr 7, 2012 at 4:13 PM Post #2,298 of 6,987

Quote:

something else really.. been digging his sound a lot

I like it. As a enormous fan of old school "rave/techno/club" (yeah, well, the sub-genres back in early 90's weren't so .. how to say .. well, there wasn't too many sub-genres to be honest). This reminds me a bit of pre-MFJG Prodigy as well as SL2. Prodigy you know of, but listen to this for example:

Edit: the remix version was even better:

Apr 7, 2012 at 9:18 PM Post #2,300 of 6,987
Alrighty, I'll bring a new face to the party.

The guy's name is Renard Queenston. (Real name is Dave Remmler, but he hates being called by his real name). He's been an electronica producer for about 7 years now and have over 80 albums under his belt. 80. Eighty.

He's probably the most prolific electronica producer I know (and I know a LOT). Lemme give you guys a goodie-bag of his stuff. (Note: He has a ton of different aliases, but they're all the same guy. He uses a different alias for each genre he produces).

Cheryl - Klippa (Starts ambient; moves into a really gritty dubstep).

I Never Wanted - The Queenstons (Dub elements, with some really nice melodic vocals and synth)

He Pukes Based Shark - Mayhem (His House alias)

Sunnyville - Adraen (Starts off like an awesome Ren & Stimpy soundtrack and then OH MY GOD DRUM 'N' BASS SO GOOD)

Just Love (Aurastys Remix) - D-Mode-D (Yes, he remixes his own tunes, crossing aliases. This is a chill-out/downtempo track)

Rainbow Tylenol - Kitsune² (And some Chiptune! Sort of.)

Yeah so long story short, this guy is amazing. Many of his albums are available to download for free too! I'll just drop his BandCamp here...

http://www.lapfoxtrax.com/

Apr 7, 2012 at 11:28 PM Post #2,301 of 6,987

Really different stuff here but I enjoyed it I felt House to be sort of his strong suit though the DnB was good but im not a huge DnB guy thanks for sharing the alter egos are pretty trippy
Quote:
Alrighty, I'll bring a new face to the party.

The guy's name is Renard Queenston. (Real name is Dave Remmler, but he hates being called by his real name). He's been an electronica producer for about 7 years now and have over 80 albums under his belt. 80. Eighty.

He's probably the most prolific electronica producer I know (and I know a LOT). Lemme give you guys a goodie-bag of his stuff. (Note: He has a ton of different aliases, but they're all the same guy. He uses a different alias for each genre he produces).

Cheryl - Klippa (Starts ambient; moves into a really gritty dubstep).

I Never Wanted - The Queenstons (Dub elements, with some really nice melodic vocals and synth)

He Pukes Based Shark - Mayhem (His House alias)

Sunnyville - Adraen (Starts off like an awesome Ren & Stimpy soundtrack and then OH MY GOD DRUM 'N' BASS SO GOOD)

Just Love (Aurastys Remix) - D-Mode-D (Yes, he remixes his own tunes, crossing aliases. This is a chill-out/downtempo track)

Rainbow Tylenol - Kitsune² (And some Chiptune! Sort of.)

Yeah so long story short, this guy is amazing. Many of his albums are available to download for free too! I'll just drop his BandCamp here...

http://www.lapfoxtrax.com/

Apr 8, 2012 at 3:59 PM Post #2,303 of 6,987
I forget that Spor[Feed Me] does Electro as well, :/ although I'm not finding much... like 4 albums <.<

@KillTheNoize If I had any money q.Q' I'd buy from Sound Cloud as there are some pretty good quality stuff there!

Also at the LapFox post, very nice! I do like a little ChipTune my self actually [Love GBA music] even better those colorfull albums will really pop against the Zunes Solid black OS :D

Apr 9, 2012 at 7:50 AM Post #2,305 of 6,987

Quote:
I forget that Spor[Feed Me] does Electro as well, :/ although I'm not finding much... like 4 albums <.<

@KillTheNoize If I had any money q.Q' I'd buy from Sound Cloud as there are some pretty good quality stuff there!

He has a lot of material within those projects though, and its mostly really well done.  

And as far as buying music goes...The majority of people are here because theyre willing to shell out good money for head-fi/hifi gear, so whats 1-2 dollars for a song?  Support the artist, AND get a high quality file (be it flac/wav/320kbps whatever).  Worth it in the end

Apr 9, 2012 at 9:23 AM Post #2,306 of 6,987
Quote:

He has a lot of material within those projects though, and its mostly really well done.  

And as far as buying music goes...The majority of people are here because theyre willing to shell out good money for head-fi/hifi gear, so whats 1-2 dollars for a song?  Support the artist, AND get a high quality file (be it flac/wav/320kbps whatever).  Worth it in the end

I believe in buying music but I keep putting off buying my Beatport cart and it's over 700 bucks now if I go lossless. D:

Apr 9, 2012 at 10:08 AM Post #2,307 of 6,987
Yea I'm trying to find some of his other stuff, I got about 4 albums so far from Mau5trap but I know there's more

An, I like to use Legal Sounds when I can to buy music, .09 cents a song usually [unless it's popular] and if I don't find it there I like to go to eMusic

In fact Legal Sounds actually has a lot that I want >.> just so broke atm <.< although Ideally I need to shop at BeatPort... [when I'm not so broke]

speaking of Music though I'm listening to Current Value atm, he's been labled as Core'n'Bass and DrumStep so what ever genre this is... I'm liking it :3

Also discoverd Hedj, Audio and The Panacea ... three more reasons I need to start buying from BeatPort ;3 newer stuff isn't on my cheap sites xD

Found some more good stuff on Sound Cloud [Free to mind you] Enjoy!

http://soundcloud.com/scourge_prk/tracks?page=2

Apr 9, 2012 at 8:59 PM Post #2,310 of 6,987

Anyone listen to this yet?  New bassnectar.  

I have it downloading currently, and will be giving it a listen soon after.  Bassnectar is either hit or miss for me.  I either love the track or completely dislike it.  

And about buying music...For the most part I buy my tracks, but I always listen first through a download or youtube if I cant find a download.  I used to buy CDs as a kid, but when the whole download epidemic hit, I got sucked in.  The only CDs I really kept on buying were Tech N9ne albums..Up until 2008 or so when I started getting into EDM heavily.  Ive purchased more music within the last 6 months than I have the rest of my life actually haha.  I usually buy my tunes from JunoDownload, or Beatport.  If something is listenable, but not something that Ill be listening to a lot, I just keep the download though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back