Electronic Music Exchange (House, DnB, Dubstep, etc.)
Feb 14, 2012 at 6:18 PM Post #1,891 of 6,987

Quote:
More Dillion Francis...

This one drops like a mf'er

Good stuff.

FOKIN HEAVY:

Yay.

Feb 14, 2012 at 6:22 PM Post #1,892 of 6,987
Like I said in my previous post. This is the first of the Nero single releases I'll be getting. There's a friggin' Brookes Brothers remix on there, too. Going to be sick.

Also...I've been in a very somber mood lately and this song has been really getting to me. It's beautiful.

One of the first sets I want to do when I get my hands on an NS6 is a set with stuff like this (including this tune) and some Blackmill, maybe some Adeventure Club...Any other suggestions? I love the more 'Euphoric' Dubstep. Heavy **** is fun, but it's tough to find great, mellow, somewhat uplifting Dubstep.
Quote:
Good stuff.

FOKIN HEAVY:

Yay.

Feb 14, 2012 at 7:10 PM Post #1,893 of 6,987
That KTN remix..my GAWD!  ******* huge, I cant wait to hear the others

Morbid, I'll suggest just this tune for now, I have some stuff I need to get done quick:

Definitely check out the GoingQuantum Liquid dubstep mixes, tons of good chill tunes in those 
smile_phones.gif

Feb 14, 2012 at 9:21 PM Post #1,894 of 6,987
This is probably my favorite of all the liquid dubstep mixes he has done:

Some awesome tracks on there.  Again, I suggest checking them all out though, youre sure to find some gems.  

Been enjoying some Mimosa while cleaning.  Any fans in here?  I personally love his stuff:

His live show was pretty amazing, although the crowd was something of a...lesser nature.  The EDM scene here used to be so awesome but its been falling apart since last year 
mad.gif

Chill vibes, but Im sure 70% of the people that came to the show had no idea who Mimosa even was, or any of his music whatsoever.  Everyone just hears TCdubstep is hosting another show and go (generally now to get wasted, act an ass, and TRY to pick up chicks).  I spent most of my time at the Mimosa show chilling in the back at a table with my friends, because of that fact.  Bleh.  I mean, watch those ****ers dance, they have no idea what theyre even trying to dance to.  /rant

Feb 14, 2012 at 11:34 PM Post #1,895 of 6,987
Definitely digging Synkro, thanks for the heads up..big tunes

New Feed Me on UKFMusic..Im on the fence with this one, really dont know what to think.

I'm not sure how to feel about that either. I got about halfway through before I had to get back to work, but I'd describe it as okay. If it's the weakest track on the new EP I'll be happy still.

I like it quite a lot. The beginning is a bit more melodic than most electronic tracks, and continues to be somewhat melodic through the track. Perhaps this is what you don't like? I like my electronica to have a bit of melody and strong rhythm phrases so this is right up my alley.

Feb 14, 2012 at 11:42 PM Post #1,896 of 6,987
Not really...There's plenty of Electronic music that's much more melodic than that.

I don't like it because it feels 'cheap' for Feed Me. It's just corny. FPS Doug...? Really? It's more like a joke than anything else in my mind. I like the intro and the break sections a lot, but 80% of the song is just stabs and video game related samples.

On the subject of Going Quantum. I really like his stuff and have recently downloaded his podcasts. I'll start giving them a listen tomorrow.

EDIT: You're a bit late to the MiMOSA party. :D We spent a few pages pretty much just talking about him. He's got quite a few fans 'round these parts.
Quote:
I like it quite a lot. The beginning is a bit more melodic than most electronic tracks, and continues to be somewhat melodic through the track. Perhaps this is what you don't like? I like my electronica to have a bit of melody and strong rhythm phrases so this is right up my alley.

Feb 15, 2012 at 1:24 AM Post #1,898 of 6,987

Quote:

On the subject of Going Quantum. I really like his stuff and have recently downloaded his podcasts. I'll start giving them a listen tomorrow.

EDIT: You're a bit late to the MiMOSA party. :D We spent a few pages pretty much just talking about him. He's got quite a few fans 'round these parts.

His podcasts are pretty amazing, Ive been following them for a while now and they never seem to disappoint.  I usually listen to them once and then cop the tracks that I enjoyed/use them to discover artists I dont have in my library.  Mainly since the quality of the mixes are only 128kbps 
frown.gif
  He should really start making at least 320s available IMO.  

And about MiMOSA, I suppose I should post a slowpoke meme picture for myself then haha.  I really havent looked through the whole thread in depth yet surprisingly.  I should get on that.  On that subject 58 Degrees is probably my favorite release from him, its great.  Eagerly awaiting new material from him.

Anyone purchase (or download/listen to/whatever) the new Dillon Francis EP that was released today?  I planned on buying it, but listened and wasnt impressed 
confused_face.gif

Feb 15, 2012 at 11:48 AM Post #1,902 of 6,987
You say that like the 'Untrue' sound is a bad thing. :D

Quote:
Finally Burial released some new tracks that don't sound like Untrue. And yes, they are brilliant, I'm not sure how anybody is going to top the Kindred ep this year.

Absolutely.

Quote:
And about MiMOSA, I suppose I should post a slowpoke meme picture for myself then haha.  I really havent looked through the whole thread in depth yet surprisingly.  I should get on that.  On that subject 58 Degrees is probably my favorite release from him, its great.  Eagerly awaiting new material from him.

I like it, and Labrinth. The song he did with Tinie Tempah was great. 

Quote:
New Knife Party!!

Feb 15, 2012 at 1:28 PM Post #1,904 of 6,987
Tokyo Prose - Retake

Users who are viewing this thread

Back