Electronic Music Exchange (House, DnB, Dubstep, etc.)
Jan 20, 2012 at 12:25 PM Post #1,622 of 6,987

More Camo & Krooked goodness. It's not new, but it hasn't been linked yet...

Jan 20, 2012 at 3:39 PM Post #1,623 of 6,987
Omnitica - FL Studio Haters

i love fl studio lol.

Jan 20, 2012 at 5:37 PM Post #1,625 of 6,987
Ableton>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> FLstudio

i disagree my good sir. i even like fl studio over cubase and reason as well.

Jan 20, 2012 at 7:13 PM Post #1,628 of 6,987
I'm also pretty sure you meant 'But that's the be expected from somebody that listens to Skrillex.' Rather than 'But expected'...but I suppose that's to be expected from someone that's worried about my capitolization of a sub genre.

Didn't say it was a hearing test. FL Studio is a pretty easy pick, but most of the others I have experience with sound the same. I'm not a big Ableton fan, but that's just a preference. I really could care less what you use, and I've got respect for anyone that can put together a decent song. I sure as hell can't. When I tried Cubase was my pick.

Question: Why on earth are you so hostile?

EDIT: You also seem to say that like I'd be considered a Skrillex fan just because it's in my library.

EDIT2: Happy?

Quote:
Ugh, just noticed this thread, OP, it's Dubstep, not DubStep. But expected from somebody that listens to skrillex I guess...

And for the rest of you, whatever DAW works best for you, is the best DAW, there cannot be a best when it's a subjective matter.

And back at OP, tell me what DAW these tracks were made in.

Jan 20, 2012 at 7:25 PM Post #1,629 of 6,987
Hostile because it's people who like Skrillex and call it DubStep and say that Feed Me is a band (Somebody on first page I think) that are ruining the genre now-a-days.

If you wanna get picky about grammar, it's capitalization not capitolization.

I don't wanna start any fights I guess, it's just annoying when people hate on DAWs, obviously you can make fantastic tracks with whatever DAW works for you. Since you didn't answer the quiz, the top one is FL and the bottom one is Reason, not sure how you say you can pick out people that use FL. Some original dubstep producers even started off and still use FL to this day, the likes of Capsa, Rusko, Skream, and Loefah. It's like Picasso used paint and a paintbrush and was one of the most famous artists of all time, Michelangelo was a sculptor and also one of the most famous artists of all time. DAW=/=DAW

And honestly by now, while you're technically right, you can't really consider dubstep a sub-genre as it kinda has way way more hype than DnB now-a-days.

Jan 20, 2012 at 7:34 PM Post #1,630 of 6,987

I don't...that's kind of the point.

I'm sorry if it sounded like I was hating. I didn't mean to. I can just usually pick out FL Studio tracks (should never use absolutes, bad habit)...and there's not really anything wrong with that. One of my closest friends and the guy that got me into DJing produces some great tracks with FL Studio.

Also, considering there's no space in the way I typed it it's really meant to be said the same with or without the capitol. Regardless, Skrillex being 'the face of Dubstep' that he unfortunately is...unfortunate. I don't listen to him often, but I can will admit he has some catchy stuff that I don't skip when it comes on. Usually his tracks featuring another artist as I can appreciate their work more. I listen to plenty
of not Skrillex and there's no need to ever attack someone personally for it even if they listen to him exclusivly.

If you'd read my posts throughout the thread I pretty much have a 'Meh' feeling about him the entire way through.

EDIT: And concerning the genre classification...That's one of the few things I'm a nazi about. Another bad habit I suppose. You're pretty much right though. It's become a more common term than 'Techno' to the ignorant masses lately.

Quote:
Hostile because it's people who like Skrillex and call it DubStep and say that Feed Me is a band (Somebody on first page I think) that are ruining the genre now-a-days.

If you wanna get picky about grammar, it's capitalization not capitolization.

I don't wanna start any fights I guess, it's just annoying when people hate on DAWs, obviously you can make fantastic tracks with whatever DAW works for you. Since you didn't answer the quiz, the top one is FL and the bottom one is Reason, not sure how you say you can pick out people that use FL. Some original dubstep producers even started off and still use FL to this day, the likes of Capsa, Rusko, Skream, and Loefah. It's like Picasso used paint and a paintbrush and was one of the most famous artists of all time, Michelangelo was a sculptor and also one of the most famous artists of all time. DAW=/=DAW

And honestly by now, while you're technically right, you can't really consider dubstep a sub-genre as it kinda has way way more hype than DnB now-a-days.

Jan 20, 2012 at 7:38 PM Post #1,631 of 6,987
Well I apologize for the attack as well, I did skip from page 1-100 cause I didn't wanna read 99 pages of stuff :p

Hope we can be cool now I'm just kind of a dubstep elitist and since Cyberoptics is in my top 3 favorite artists, just under Liquid Stranger. And cybo uses FL, when I saw you "hating" on it I got angry :p. Since I've met cyberoptics and he was the most down to earth person I've ever met, I gotta back him up, plus I use FL, should be able to finish some tracks come summertime, just no time during the school year.

Also here's a beautifully wicked track I just found.

Jan 20, 2012 at 7:47 PM Post #1,632 of 6,987
Blackmill - Mareacle (Full Version)

when come to dubstep. one of my favorite producer. well recorded stuff too which is a shocker since lot of mainstream dubstep is badly recorded and compressed to heck. he's FL studio user as well.

Jan 20, 2012 at 7:50 PM Post #1,634 of 6,987
See I consider myself an EDM elitest when it comes to sub genres. Everything has a correct classification with me. 

I was just incredibly insulted when you implied I was part of the reason a genre I love so much (Dubstep) was in the unfortunate place it is lately. I've turned so many people off Skrillex and into the good stuff that saying 'You like Skrillex' is one of the worst things you could say to me. Lol

We're cool, and I hope you continue to share and post here (this thread). Just don't come in guns blazin' next time.

Quote:
Well I apologize for the attack as well, I did skip from page 1-100 cause I didn't wanna read 99 pages of stuff :p

Hope we can be cool now I'm just kind of a dubstep elitist and siSnce Cyberoptics is in my top 3 favorite artists, just under Liquid Stranger. And cybo uses FL, when I saw you "hating" on it I got angry :p. Since I've met cyberoptics and he was the most down to earth person I've ever met, I gotta back him up, plus I use FL, should be able to finish some tracks come summertime, just no time during the school year.

Jan 20, 2012 at 7:50 PM Post #1,635 of 6,987
TwoThirds & Feint ft. Veela - Epiphany (Original Mix)

this mix was done in fl studio cause it was for a competition i believe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back